You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > pv ?
December 9 2022 4.44am

pv ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 10 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 27 Oct 22 11.47am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Because we are not going to get anywhere if sack every manager after a bad game.

And outside of a managers performance there are so many other things that impact a teams performance. Like the fact that we have bare bones squad. No proven CF, patched up right backs. And more pertinent for the last game, no decent midfield replacement if CK is out.

We need to look at the direction of travel, and from my view its amazing. We've got a team starting to evolve the way they play football, some exciting young players, a manger who can attract great talent. Then on top of that we've got a brilliant new academy and go ahead on the new stand.

Hear Hear! ... we need a couple of decent players to plug the obvious holes but things are certainly on the up.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 27 Oct 22 12.38pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Because we are not going to get anywhere if sack every manager after a bad game.

And outside of a managers performance there are so many other things that impact a teams performance. Like the fact that we have bare bones squad. No proven CF, patched up right backs. And more pertinent for the last game, no decent midfield replacement if CK is out.

We need to look at the direction of travel, and from my view its amazing. We've got a team starting to evolve the way they play football, some exciting young players, a manger who can attract great talent. Then on top of that we've got a brilliant new academy and go ahead on the new stand.

I agree that the infostructure is superb, the academy superb, and the string of good youngster's coming through is excellent, great work done by Parish, i am just not sure his fourth-choice manager has what it takes to be flexible enough with his tactics

 



Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 27 Oct 22 12.56pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Furthermore, we are into the second season of a very necessary rebuild after the Hodgson reign. Not that Hodgson didn't do what he was supposed to, he did - albeit up with minimalist negative tactics, and oversaw those players whose contract were due to expire until they left. Interestingly enough, of the players Hodgson brought in, I can only think of Ayew being still here, I may be wrong, correct me if I am. When Roy left I thought that the rebuild would take a couple of seasons, it's not like we can go out and purchase a new team just like that. Last season proved we are well on course, If arguably this season we haven't hit the same form, and the Everton performance was a disaster, then it at least gives a pointer to what is required going forward.
I would like the og poster to offer a viable alternative to Vieira, given the reality on the ground.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (27 Oct 2022 12.56pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 27 Oct 22 1.19pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Furthermore, we are into the second season of a very necessary rebuild after the Hodgson reign. Not that Hodgson didn't do what he was supposed to, he did - albeit up with minimalist negative tactics, and oversaw those players whose contract were due to expire until they left. Interestingly enough, of the players Hodgson brought in, I can only think of Ayew being still here, I may be wrong, correct me if I am. When Roy left I thought that the rebuild would take a couple of seasons, it's not like we can go out and purchase a new team just like that. Last season proved we are well on course, If arguably this season we haven't hit the same form, and the Everton performance was a disaster, then it at least gives a pointer to what is required going forward.
I would like the og poster to offer a viable alternative to Vieira, given the reality on the ground.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (27 Oct 2022 12.56pm)

Eze and Guaita were both brought in during Roy's time. Also Ferguson who we might see one day.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 27 Oct 22 1.27pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Because we are not going to get anywhere if sack every manager after a bad game.

And outside of a managers performance there are so many other things that impact a teams performance. Like the fact that we have bare bones squad. No proven CF, patched up right backs. And more pertinent for the last game, no decent midfield replacement if CK is out.

We need to look at the direction of travel, and from my view its amazing. We've got a team starting to evolve the way they play football, some exciting young players, a manger who can attract great talent. Then on top of that we've got a brilliant new academy and go ahead on the new stand.

Agree absolutely.

However I do feel as though you have ignored the fact that football fandom is not football fandom without moaning and CPFC fandom is not CPFC fandom without panicking/fearing the worst, disaster etc.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 27 Oct 22 1.45pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Eze and Guaita were both brought in during Roy's time. Also Ferguson who we might see one day.

Ha, yeah of course, how could I forget Eze. At the time Roy said he wasn't responsible for transfers; I'm doing Roy a disservice.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (27 Oct 2022 1.54pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 27 Oct 22 1.54pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Ha, yeah of course, how could I forget Eze. At the time Roy said he wasn't responsible for transfers; I'm doing Ry a disservice.

He probably said that after we'd invested 8m in Mr. Sorloth.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 27 Oct 22 2.00pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I agree that the infostructure is superb, the academy superb, and the string of good youngster's coming through is excellent, great work done by Parish, i am just not sure his fourth-choice manager has what it takes to be flexible enough with his tactics

I think PV has made mistakes this season and last. And I think you can see some of his 'learnings'. Chelsea last season in the cup we were too defensive and let them beat us. PV doesn't seam to want to to do this again, and now will put almost IMO too much attacking talent on the pitch. Almost in a you have to combat us sense.

I guess my POV is that he's qualified, and has in Osian Roberts, a hugely experienced coach alongside him. He's also won just about everything you can in football, most as the captain. So the guy isn't a mug. And as much as we all have an opinion, we don't see the guys in training and so wont always understand some of the decisions he makes.

So is he perfect, no. But like a lot of our inexperienced players he will learn and grow. Personally I'd rather give him the opportunity and platform, as we'll give the younger players, to succeed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 27 Oct 22 2.03pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Agree absolutely.

However I do feel as though you have ignored the fact that football fandom is not football fandom without moaning and CPFC fandom is not CPFC fandom without panicking/fearing the worst, disaster etc.

haha of course. Now thinking about it, its completely reasonable to call for the managers head after a run of WDWL

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 27 Oct 22 2.03pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Furthermore, we are into the second season of a very necessary rebuild after the Hodgson reign. Not that Hodgson didn't do what he was supposed to, he did - albeit up with minimalist negative tactics, and oversaw those players whose contract were due to expire until they left. Interestingly enough, of the players Hodgson brought in, I can only think of Ayew being still here, I may be wrong, correct me if I am. When Roy left I thought that the rebuild would take a couple of seasons, it's not like we can go out and purchase a new team just like that. Last season proved we are well on course, If arguably this season we haven't hit the same form, and the Everton performance was a disaster, then it at least gives a pointer to what is required going forward.
I would like the og poster to offer a viable alternative to Vieira, given the reality on the ground.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (27 Oct 2022 12.56pm)

Thomas Frank

 



Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 27 Oct 22 3.09pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Thomas Frank

A name, like any other. And currently employed, like many others.
How realistic is your suggestion? Just a fancy whim of yours based on what exactly?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 27 Oct 22 3.19pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

Its a no from me!

however i do have a feeling Sean dyche will be our manager in the next 2-3 years and we will all go back to hodgson style football. So just enjoy the football we play now while we have it!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 10 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > pv ?