You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ok! The Jury’s Out!
May 22 2024 9.49pm

Ok! The Jury’s Out!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 14 of 23 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

 

View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 05 Mar 23 1.38pm Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Indeed, but supporters are aware that we have not won a single game in 2023, have only won 1 of our last 12 PL games and only scored 6 goals in those games.They are also aware that we were defeated at home by a struggling Southampton team in the FA Cup.

Exactly

 


“This is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, it’s a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying “This , is a large crisis” - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 05 Mar 23 2.01pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

To be realistic Vieira is not going to be sacked while we’re sitting in 12th place with a 6 point cushion, even after our winless and mostly goalless run.
It could also be argued that not much will be expected from our next 3 games at home to Manchester City and away to Brighton and Arsenal.
However , the game after that is at home to Leicester (on April Fool’s day)!
This could the game that determines whether the club stick or twist.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View French eagle's Profile French eagle Flag 05 Mar 23 2.20pm Send a Private Message to French eagle Add French eagle as a friend

I wasn't going to post this but looking at the criticism of PV I will. I have an associate who plays golf regularly with an ex Grenwich Borough striker. So, PV is disillusioned with many of his squad as they are "coasters" was the word that was said, they are just going through the motions purely for the next paycheck. One name that was mentioned really surprised me , but I won't say who. And WZ is the only one that really cares, does a bit extra and he's leaving. That's what I was told , believe it or not, it's up to you.
__________________

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards robdave2k Flag 05 Mar 23 2.27pm

Originally posted by French eagle

I wasn't going to post this but looking at the criticism of PV I will. I have an associate who plays golf regularly with an ex Grenwich Borough striker. So, PV is disillusioned with many of his squad as they are "coasters" was the word that was said, they are just going through the motions purely for the next paycheck. One name that was mentioned really surprised me , but I won't say who. And WZ is the only one that really cares, does a bit extra and he's leaving. That's what I was told , believe it or not, it's up to you.
__________________


Which if true is where a manager/coach should be planting their boot firmly up said arses, not bitching about how they are coasters.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 05 Mar 23 2.27pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

People can say what they like, but we have Man City, Bright*n away and Arsenal away up next, so a maximum of 1 point from those will almost certainly mean a much smaller cushion to the bottom 3.

We probably need a minimum 11 points from 13 games, and right now that is looking like a big challenge.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 05 Mar 23 2.28pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by French eagle

I wasn't going to post this but looking at the criticism of PV I will. I have an associate who plays golf regularly with an ex Grenwich Borough striker. So, PV is disillusioned with many of his squad as they are "coasters" was the word that was said, they are just going through the motions purely for the next paycheck. One name that was mentioned really surprised me , but I won't say who. And WZ is the only one that really cares, does a bit extra and he's leaving. That's what I was told , believe it or not, it's up to you.
__________________

Whether your reportage is accurate or not, the central gist of it is spot on. I've been saying for a good while that Palace is the gravy train club and must be a delight for any agent knowing there is an interest in his/her client from the club. Do the minimum, and walk away with a bank account most of us can only dream of. The side is full of them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 05 Mar 23 2.33pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

The fact is we have not been losing to teams below us since the WC, because we haven't played them. We've dug out draws in games many of the teams below us would lose. The stats since Vieira came to the throne show we don't lose many to the teams below us and we don't win many against the teams above us. If we follow that pattern then we should finish the season on a high given nine of our last ten games are against teams below us. I've said it before but our win rate against the teams below us is something like 65% this season. If we can't get 10 points from those 10 games then we deserve to go down whomever is in charge.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Online Flag Lanzarote 05 Mar 23 2.37pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

To be realistic Vieira is not going to be sacked while we’re sitting in 12th place with a 6 point cushion, even after our winless and mostly goalless run.
It could also be argued that not much will be expected from our next 3 games at home to Manchester City and away to Brighton and Arsenal.
However , the game after that is at home to Leicester (on April Fool’s day)!
This could the game that determines whether the club stick or twist.

I payed a visit yesterday to Juan Jacobo Gonzalez, a well known Spiritualist on my beloved island, to see if he could predict PVs and Palaces future, So, he predicted the PV would be relieved of his duties on April 3rd, after our home defeat by Leicester, putting us 4th from bottom posted by my god self on feb 21st, its all in the stars

 


“That’s a joke son, I say, that’s a joke.” “Nice boy, but he’s sharp as a throw pillow.” “He’s so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent” “ “Son… I say, son, some people are so narrow minded they can look through a keyhole with both eyes.”__ Forhorn Leghorn

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Online Flag Lanzarote 05 Mar 23 2.40pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I payed a visit yesterday to Juan Jacobo Gonzalez, a well known Spiritualist on my beloved island, to see if he could predict PVs and Palaces future, So, he predicted the PV would be relieved of his duties on April 3rd, after our home defeat by Leicester, putting us 4th from bottom posted by my god self on feb 21st, its all in the stars

A spelling error, i do not class myself with the almighty, i am more Aleister Crowley by conviction

 


“That’s a joke son, I say, that’s a joke.” “Nice boy, but he’s sharp as a throw pillow.” “He’s so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent” “ “Son… I say, son, some people are so narrow minded they can look through a keyhole with both eyes.”__ Forhorn Leghorn

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View French eagle's Profile French eagle Flag 05 Mar 23 2.58pm Send a Private Message to French eagle Add French eagle as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Whether your reportage is accurate or not, the central gist of it is spot on. I've been saying for a good while that Palace is the gravy train club and must be a delight for any agent knowing there is an interest in his/her client from the club. Do the minimum, and walk away with a bank account most of us can only dream of. The side is full of them.


I feel PV must be comparing our attitude to that of the Arsenal, City etc that he was a part of. If that's the mindset of some players , no wonder Derry went spare at a few players which led to him getting the sack. I've seen PV dishing out some stick to his players at Nice but maybe it's not that easy for him in a foreign language.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 05 Mar 23 3.01pm Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Originally posted by French eagle

I wasn't going to post this but looking at the criticism of PV I will. I have an associate who plays golf regularly with an ex Grenwich Borough striker. So, PV is disillusioned with many of his squad as they are "coasters" was the word that was said, they are just going through the motions purely for the next paycheck. One name that was mentioned really surprised me , but I won't say who. And WZ is the only one that really cares, does a bit extra and he's leaving. That's what I was told , believe it or not, it's up to you.
__________________

I fully believe you because we can all see that on the pitch I would like to know who this player who suprised you was I’m guessing regular starter if it suprised you , maybe Olise ?

 


“This is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, it’s a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying “This , is a large crisis” - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View French eagle's Profile French eagle Flag 05 Mar 23 3.05pm Send a Private Message to French eagle Add French eagle as a friend

Originally posted by SwordFish

I fully believe you because we can all see that on the pitch I would like to know who this player who suprised you was I’m guessing regular starter if it suprised you , maybe Olise ?

Mmm, well, yes a regular starter but not Olise.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 14 of 23 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ok! The Jury’s Out!