You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > More bad news for remoaners
September 21 2023 12.42pm

More bad news for remoaners

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 02 Sep 23 9.16pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

And how much of this focus and preparation is on anything other than rejoining the EU?

By whom?

The government are supposed to have a huge team negotiating trade deals and rewriting EU law. Itís pretty ineffective so far as I can see.

What is being done behind the scenes about establishing the rejoining pathway I have no information on. People like me will just continue to advocate to rejoin, whilst living with the current situation as best we can. Being retired means I have little direct involvement with the changes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 02 Sep 23 9.20pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

By whom?

The government are supposed to have a huge team negotiating trade deals and rewriting EU law. Itís pretty ineffective so far as I can see.

What is being done behind the scenes about establishing the rejoining pathway I have no information on. People like me will just continue to advocate to rejoin, whilst living with the current situation as best we can. Being retired means I have little direct involvement with the changes.

By remoaners since they were the subject under discussion.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 02 Sep 23 10.22pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

By whom?

The government are supposed to have a huge team negotiating trade deals and rewriting EU law. Itís pretty ineffective so far as I can see.

What is being done behind the scenes about establishing the rejoining pathway I have no information on. People like me will just continue to advocate to rejoin, whilst living with the current situation as best we can. Being retired means I have little direct involvement with the changes.

Why do you want to rejoin?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 02 Sep 23 10.57pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

By remoaners since they were the subject under discussion.

As that term is just a pejorative of of embittered leavers they donít actually exist, so you will need to be more precise.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 02 Sep 23 11.01pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Why do you want to rejoin?

For the same reason I wanted to remain. That we are stronger, more secure and have more influence over the future direction of the world inside the EU than out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 02 Sep 23 11.04pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

As that term is just a pejorative of of embittered leavers they donít actually exist, so you will need to be more precise.

Since that comment is the very exemplar of the species precision hardly required.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jcreedy's Profile jcreedy Flag 02 Sep 23 11.38pm Send a Private Message to jcreedy Add jcreedy as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

You might as well use an ouija board than economics and climate change 'experts'.


So you think that Brexit has financially benefitted the UK, and that man-made climate change isn't real? Because economists (and the government's own impact assessment in the case of Brexit) are very much saying the opposite.

 


It was my dream to play for Palace and to make my debut. I've always played for the club so if I'm playing here, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

- John Bostock (Nov 2007)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 03 Sep 23 6.49am Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by jcreedy

So you think that Brexit has financially benefitted the UK, and that man-made climate change isn't real? Because economists (and the government's own impact assessment in the case of Brexit) are very much saying the opposite.

What I implied by my post was that I have little faith in the quality and accuracy of the pronouncements of so called economic and climate change, so called, experts.

I think the financial situation in the UK would be more less as it is now if we were still in the EU as we no doubt would still have blown billions during the so called pandemic and irresponsibly printed money and raised taxes, all of which, along with Ukraine, has put us in the position we are in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 03 Sep 23 7.02am Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

For the same reason I wanted to remain. That we are stronger, more secure and have more influence over the future direction of the world inside the EU than out.

Who is the 'we'? Certainly not the electorate, who can only vote for powerless MEPs - rather like the North Koreans voting for members of their Peoples Assembly.

How does being one voice among nearly 30 others make us stronger. Our security largely depends on NATO not the EU. The EU influence over the 'future of the world' is insignificant and where is does have influence, is insidiousness.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Sep 23 8.58am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by newickeagle

When are people going to get over this? I voted remain, would vote to rejoin given the chance. BUT, it is what it is, make the best of being out and stop insulting those who voted to stay. Remoaners is a derogative term, grow up.

I dare you to post this on bbs thread! If you think HOL posters are being derogatory, you will get your eyes well and truly opened on there. Early death being wished on those that voted leave, one extreme example. If you voted leave and are a boomer, jeez the anti-Christ reincarnated

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View newickeagle's Profile newickeagle Flag Newick, E Sussex 03 Sep 23 10.33am Send a Private Message to newickeagle Add newickeagle as a friend

That is not good Sporty! The point I was trying to make is that leave or remain we are in the same boat, with differing views. That's all. I agree with another poster on this thread, the term Remoaner is an insult and frankly people chucking that stuff around, still, are embittered. Why? They got what they wanted!

Remain is now out of date, we're out.

Maybe, they should go live in Russia or N Korea if they don't like views other than their own. How long does that 2016 mandate last for? Damn, revealed myself! Effing remoaner!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 03 Sep 23 10.53am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by newickeagle

That is not good Sporty! The point I was trying to make is that leave or remain we are in the same boat, with differing views. That's all. I agree with another poster on this thread, the term Remoaner is an insult and frankly people chucking that stuff around, still, are embittered. Why? They got what they wanted!

Remain is now out of date, we're out.

Maybe, they should go live in Russia or N Korea if they don't like views other than their own. How long does that 2016 mandate last for? Damn, revealed myself! Effing remoaner!!!

As has been pointed out remoaner was only applied following constant allegations of stupidity, populist rhetoric and often strongly implied racism. How are leavers supposed to react? And isn't not liking views other than one's own the basis of political opinion?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > More bad news for remoaners