You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Holmesdale flags and fundraiser
April 14 2024 2.01am

Holmesdale flags and fundraiser

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 07 Mar 24 12.30pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Will the flags be plastic? If so it's just creating pollution when they are thrown away, to be fair so does a lot of the rubbish sold in the club shop

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 07 Mar 24 12.56pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by twcpfc

I expect it will be like in the section, with varied designs on smaller red and blue flags distributed and some of the bigger designs that have been seen all across the lower and at Wembley in previous seasons mixed in and left around and outside each block for people to wave throughout the game

Great for fans having to view through people waving flags in their faces, another childish idea by HF.
They lost a lot of support bringing in flares and holding up banners complaining about the people, who had bent over backwards to accommodate them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twcpfc's Profile twcpfc Flag 07 Mar 24 1.56pm Send a Private Message to twcpfc Add twcpfc as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Great for fans having to view through people waving flags in their faces, another childish idea by HF.
They lost a lot of support bringing in flares and holding up banners complaining about the people, who had bent over backwards to accommodate them.

Honestly I can understand that perspective, however the banners, unlike others in the fanbase, did not name names and primarily focused on the fact we had lost some of what palace is since reappointing Roy and it had got bad. I wouldn’t call organising a fundraiser to level up the holmesdale “childish”

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 07 Mar 24 2.06pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by twcpfc

Honestly I can understand that perspective, however the banners, unlike others in the fanbase, did not name names and primarily focused on the fact we had lost some of what palace is since reappointing Roy and it had got bad. I wouldn’t call organising a fundraiser to level up the holmesdale “childish”

But you are not "levelling up" the Holmesdale, only the lower, you are not involving the rest of the fan base, BUT, want us to fund you. What happened when you had your hissy fit when you couldn't have your banner up because of the new LED advertising? If you got back to being fans & do what you did(very well), you would find more of the rest of us would be more receptive towards you.

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 07 Mar 24 2.10pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

But you are not "levelling up" the Holmesdale, only the lower, you are not involving the rest of the fan base, BUT, want us to fund you. What happened when you had your hissy fit when you couldn't have your banner up because of the new LED advertising? If you got back to being fans & do what you did(very well), you would find more of the rest of us would be more receptive towards you.

TBF Eagleman I have had my own criticisms of the HF however I quite like this idea and it may be representative of your sentiment.

I'd like to get back to the earlier days of a raucous Selhurst and perhaps just my subjective opinion but some furious flag waving wouldn't go amiss, especially if done sensibly so as to not ruin the game experience of others.

I'll take an optimistic stance and anything to shake off the fan malaise that came under Roy.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 07 Mar 24 2.19pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

TBF Eagleman I have had my own criticisms of the HF however I quite like this idea and it may be representative of your sentiment.

I'd like to get back to the earlier days of a raucous Selhurst and perhaps just my subjective opinion but some furious flag waving wouldn't go amiss, especially if done sensibly so as to not ruin the game experience of others.

I'll take an optimistic stance and anything to shake off the fan malaise that came under Roy.

I can't disagree with you there Nick & i think you have said what i wanted to say somewhat, whether the hf take any notice of all the other fans(us) remains to be seen.

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 07 Mar 24 2.20pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Great for fans having to view through people waving flags in their faces, another childish idea by HF.
They lost a lot of support bringing in flares and holding up banners complaining about the people, who had bent over backwards to accommodate them.

Here hoping the club and/or council ban them for H&S reasons!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 07 Mar 24 2.24pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

I can't disagree with you there Nick & i think you have said what i wanted to say somewhat, whether the hf take any notice of all the other fans(us) remains to be seen.

Indeed, will be telling in itself though.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twcpfc's Profile twcpfc Flag 07 Mar 24 2.41pm Send a Private Message to twcpfc Add twcpfc as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

But you are not "levelling up" the Holmesdale, only the lower, you are not involving the rest of the fan base, BUT, want us to fund you. What happened when you had your hissy fit when you couldn't have your banner up because of the new LED advertising? If you got back to being fans & do what you did(very well), you would find more of the rest of us would be more receptive towards you.

This is reasonable, especially the second half I see where you’re coming from. I’ve attached the message, which specifies the “entire” holmesdale, as, presuming all goes to plan, we are involving the entire stand in this project so it “levelling up” the lower and upper. The fund is optional but we all go to selhurst for the same common goal. In terms of not involving the rest of the fanbase we involve the entire fanbase where possible eg Brentford at home (fundraiser) and are completely open to contact online or in person or if anyone who wants to join the singing section. I think this current idea is very promising

124873B6-B5F5-4FD5-BCA8-4D7A697C8B48.png Attachment: 124873B6-B5F5-4FD5-BCA8-4D7A697C8B48.png (301.14Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twcpfc's Profile twcpfc Flag 07 Mar 24 2.48pm Send a Private Message to twcpfc Add twcpfc as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

But you are not "levelling up" the Holmesdale, only the lower, you are not involving the rest of the fan base, BUT, want us to fund you. What happened when you had your hissy fit when you couldn't have your banner up because of the new LED advertising? If you got back to being fans & do what you did(very well), you would find more of the rest of us would be more receptive towards you.

Led point is interesting. We did put the clubs need first and supported the team in an excellent atmosphere against burnley , posted a statement and now continue to work to get the banner back up. It reprends nearly 20 years of support from the entire stand and also the tifos, flags and effort that have gone in. To take it down at the first chance for a few metres of LEDs shows ignorance from the club who use photos of said banner/flags all the time in marketing and also a serious disconnect between the fans and the club

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 07 Mar 24 3.05pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by twcpfc

Led point is interesting. We did put the clubs need first and supported the team in an excellent atmosphere against burnley , posted a statement and now continue to work to get the banner back up. It reprends nearly 20 years of support from the entire stand and also the tifos, flags and effort that have gone in. To take it down at the first chance for a few metres of LEDs shows ignorance from the club who use photos of said banner/flags all the time in marketing and also a serious disconnect between the fans and the club

This is exactly why you let yourselves down, thinking you are above everyone else incl the club & why you are losing support amongst the rest of the fan base as a whole. As i said earlier, if you got back doing what made you 'famous' & act as fans, you will get the fan base back onside, to say the club is 'ignorant' shows a lack of respect from you. I will not be donating.

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 07 Mar 24 3.59pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

This is exactly why you let yourselves down, thinking you are above everyone else incl the club & why you are losing support amongst the rest of the fan base as a whole. As i said earlier, if you got back doing what made you 'famous' & act as fans, you will get the fan base back onside, to say the club is 'ignorant' shows a lack of respect from you. I will not be donating.

Donating or not donating is your choice, eagleman. Others have the same choice; some will donate and others won’t/can’t. As long as it is different to other club’s fans who have tried to emulate the HF, I have no problem with one set of supporters trying to get things going.

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Holmesdale flags and fundraiser