You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Nice work
April 15 2024 10.08pm

Nice work

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 26 Mar 24 5.44pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

The Mail like all such publications employ lawyers to check copy to try to ensure that doesnít happen. Itís how they spin a story so that it can be argued that itís reasonable opinion and plausibly deniable. Itís often what they donít say, by omitting context or salient facts, that turns it into propaganda. There is no doubt at all that the Mail is very good at this. By far the best out there. Itís almost an art form of malicious disinformation.

So the Mail article is basically factually correctÖ

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Mar 24 5.48pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Are you familiar with the phrase 'choose your battles'?

I've no idea why you try to defend this sort of nonsense - it's every bit as partisan as you accuse others of being.

Yes, it's true the Mail stir the pot on the woke stuff, but it's also true there is a lot of nonsense going on in that regard - you don't have to try and disprove each and every example.

No I donít and I donít. Only today in another thread I gave due credit to the Mail for breaking a genuine story.

Itís just that here the Mail is the ďsourceĒ of so much spurious nonsense that only a little bit of reflection ought to cause at least some pause for thought.

I realise that society sometimes goes too far in its attempts to establish fairness and equality but the whooping on here every time the Mail decides to wind up their faithful needs a counter weight to burst a few balloons. In my opinion. Them getting wound up by me pointing it out just confirms things.

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Mar 24 5.50pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

So the Mail article is basically factually correctÖ

You can pick out some facts from any article that isnít pure fiction. That doesnít make the whole story the truth. Let alone the whole truth.

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 26 Mar 24 6.17pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You can pick out some facts from any article that isnít pure fiction. That doesnít make the whole story the truth. Let alone the whole truth.

Most of us on this forum are adults. We have decades of experience and can tell what is Ďpaddingí and what is the spine of the story. I look forward to more truthful news outlets running the story and we can see which facts are common in each report.
Of course, if other news outlets chose not to report the story we can either decide that the subject matter doesnít sit within whatever bias leaning they have or the whole thing is a lie. Worth monitoring for future developments.

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Mar 24 7.59pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

Most of us on this forum are adults. We have decades of experience and can tell what is Ďpaddingí and what is the spine of the story. I look forward to more truthful news outlets running the story and we can see which facts are common in each report.
Of course, if other news outlets chose not to report the story we can either decide that the subject matter doesnít sit within whatever bias leaning they have or the whole thing is a lie. Worth monitoring for future developments.

It's not though "padding" is it? Padding is filling up a story with irrelevant statements just to fill the space. This is more the deliberate omitting or inferring things so that the reader is directed to the conclusion that they want you to believe.

I doubt whether anyone else will run the story. It's just not newsworthy and there's more than enough going on at the moment that is, without resorting to this kind of thing.

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 26 Mar 24 8.41pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It's not though "padding" is it? Padding is filling up a story with irrelevant statements just to fill the space. This is more the deliberate omitting or inferring things so that the reader is directed to the conclusion that they want you to believe.

I doubt whether anyone else will run the story. It's just not newsworthy and there's more than enough going on at the moment that is, without resorting to this kind of thing.

Nothing to see here. No waste of money. Move along.

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 26 Mar 24 9.03pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

I am a busy guy so if any of you have some time on your hands, it looks as though a university in Florida has already delved deep into the subject matter. Itís 80 plus pages long so Iíve just attached the front cover and the brief synopsis. On the surface, it seems that further study of RLS is not really worthy of £800,000 of funding.

IMG_4746.png Attachment: IMG_4746.png (1,511.88Kb)

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Mar 24 10.09pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

Nothing to see here. No waste of money. Move along.

Whether itís a waste of money, or not, will always be a matter of opinion. If it was your money then your opinion would matter. Same applies to the Mail. It isnít their money though, so why do they think it necessary to get involved?

Itís just to get readers like you wound up. There are much more important things happening in the world.

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Mar 24 10.22pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

I am a busy guy so if any of you have some time on your hands, it looks as though a university in Florida has already delved deep into the subject matter. Itís 80 plus pages long so Iíve just attached the front cover and the brief synopsis. On the surface, it seems that further study of RLS is not really worthy of £800,000 of funding.

Perhaps they will consult it, who knows. Who knows what the research is intended to determine, or whether just doing it is partly the target. Developing skills in students is a major part of the purpose behind the funder, UKRI.

[Link]

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 26 Mar 24 10.28pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Whether itís a waste of money, or not, will always be a matter of opinion. If it was your money then your opinion would matter. Same applies to the Mail. It isnít their money though, so why do they think it necessary to get involved?

Itís just to get readers like you wound up. There are much more important things happening in the world.

I donít read the Mail but thanks for you opinion of me.

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 26 Mar 24 10.37pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Perhaps they will consult it, who knows. Who knows what the research is intended to determine, or whether just doing it is partly the target. Developing skills in students is a major part of the purpose behind the funder, UKRI.

[Link]

What is it intended to determine?
The title of this project is
Remediating Stevenson: Decolonising Robert Louis Stevenson's Pacific Fiction Through Graphic Adaptation, Arts Education and Community Engagement.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 26 Mar 24 10.37pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Opinion is divided - one person thinks it is not a ridiculous waste of money, everyone else thinks it is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Nice work