You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Brighton The gift that keeps on giving
July 4 2022 11.29pm

Brighton The gift that keeps on giving

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 14 of 16 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

 

View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 11 May 16 6.36am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

I just want the s***est least well funded clubs possible to come up as they're the ones more likely to occupy relegation spots next May. Of the teams in the playoff spots, that means it's a close run thing. I suspect Derby will struggle to get financial backing so I want them to come up. BHA? Wotevor. Nice to have them perpetually frustrated but great to beat them. Reality is that promoted sides were competitive this year.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Johng's Profile Johng Flag 11 May 16 9.04am Send a Private Message to Johng Add Johng as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

I just want the s***est least well funded clubs possible to come up as they're the ones more likely to occupy relegation spots next May. Of the teams in the playoff spots, that means it's a close run thing. I suspect Derby will struggle to get financial backing so I want them to come up. BHA? Wotevor. Nice to have them perpetually frustrated but great to beat them. Reality is that promoted sides were competitive this year.

It's amazing how so many on these forums seem to be living in fear of other clubs getting promoted be it Brighton or otherwise. If we are relegegated next season or in any season in the future it will be because we won't have been good enough. We have proved that we are quite capable of holding our own in this league and although our recent loss of form is concerning it has got sod all to to with the bank balances of other Premiership clubs.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 11 May 16 9.32am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by Johng

It's amazing how so many on these forums seem to be living in fear of other clubs getting promoted be it Brighton or otherwise. If we are relegegated next season or in any season in the future it will be because we won't have been good enough. We have proved that we are quite capable of holding our own in this league and although our recent loss of form is concerning it has got sod all to to with the bank balances of other Premiership clubs.

It certainly has something to do with our lack of spending in January.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Username's Profile Username Flag Horsham 11 May 16 9.34am Send a Private Message to Username Add Username as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

It certainly has something to do with our lack of spending in January.

Which at the time wasn't that outlandish considering how well the first half of the season had gone.

There was a thread on here based around 'stick or twist' where opinion was fairly evenly split.

It's easy to have a go at Pardew and Parish now, but at the time it was never that obvious that we were struggling for depth. At least not until it was too late.

 


Employee of the month is a good example of how someone can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 11 May 16 9.40am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by Username

Which at the time wasn't that outlandish considering how well the first half of the season had gone.

There was a thread on here based around 'stick or twist' where opinion was fairly evenly split.

It's easy to have a go at Pardew and Parish now, but at the time it was never that obvious that we were struggling for depth. At least not until it was too late.

Despite our decent run up to Christmas, it was obvious (well to me anyway) that we needed a consistent goal scorer and had insufficient quality to cover injuries in vital positions.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 11 May 16 9.44am Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

How much did Hull spend in the summer before their relegation, I believe it was somewhere in the region of 60 million so it just proves that splashing the cash doesn't always work!

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 11 May 16 9.56am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

How much did Hull spend in the summer before their relegation, I believe it was somewhere in the region of 60 million so it just proves that splashing the cash doesn't always work!

No, you're quite right, it doesn't. But failing to strengthen when it's needed is also problematic.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Username's Profile Username Flag Horsham 11 May 16 11.35am Send a Private Message to Username Add Username as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

Despite our decent run up to Christmas, it was obvious (well to me anyway) that we needed a consistent goal scorer and had insufficient quality to cover injuries in vital positions.

Agreed, I would have liked a new striker (or one that could play more than Adebayor).

Point I'm making is I don't think anyone foresaw the extent of our injury problems, or how badly the rest of the squad would cope in February and early March.

 


Employee of the month is a good example of how someone can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 11 May 16 11.53am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by Username

Agreed, I would have liked a new striker (or one that could play more than Adebayor).

Point I'm making is I don't think anyone foresaw the extent of our injury problems, or how badly the rest of the squad would cope in February and early March.


Indeed, this is why we need to do a better job of squad strengthening in the summer, rather than a scramble in the bargain basement a hour before the window closes.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View d7phil's Profile d7phil Flag Beckenham 11 May 16 5.03pm Send a Private Message to d7phil Add d7phil as a friend

Haven't sold out Friday's play off semi yet

image.png Attachment: image.png (85.12Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 11 May 16 6.08pm Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by d7phil

Haven't sold out Friday's play off semi yet

And they were all making big plans to be at the Amex (as they don't like to travel). What a shame for them

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Y Ddraig Goch's Profile Y Ddraig Goch Flag In The Crowd 11 May 16 6.28pm Send a Private Message to Y Ddraig Goch Add Y Ddraig Goch as a friend

Originally posted by d7phil

Haven't sold out Friday's play off semi yet

They only had a 2000 allocation

 


the dignified don't even enter in the game

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 14 of 16 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Brighton The gift that keeps on giving