You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Stadium plans
April 18 2019 11.27pm

Stadium plans

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 127 of 132 < 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 17 Feb 19 9.27am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER


Is this guy OTT with his bitterness and apparent hatred for Parish.....anyone

No

Just because someone is analytical neither makes him bitter nor full of hate. You may not agree with his views but that doesn't make you sweetness and light and full of devotion

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Caterham 17 Feb 19 9.57am Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

A season ticket is for 9 months. Thatís it. Hardly long term.

Weíre PROPOSING, or planning, to build a new stand. Just a stand, with a few infrastructure payments. Spurs were changing a whole area by building a new stadium on a plot next door. That was huge compared to one stand where the only obstacles were and are 6 houses and some infrastructure payments. Itís more likely that itís a question of do the shareholders want to start the job to finish it or are hoping theyíre bought out before everyone really questions them and/or thereís new safety issues and certificate problems with a stand built in 1924.

The next delay will be getting another manager in and will he be ok, not whether weíve got our recruitment or funding sorted out. If weíre always going to wait to see if the next manager is ok in this day and age then that stand will never get built unless weíre bought out, which is how I see this going, eventually.


The point was that, whilst we are customers, it is not quite the same as being a customer, of, say Tesco. It is more emotive to us.
It may only be 6 houses but they will, I suspect,be negotiating hard and have to have somewhere else to go. (Although I am not aware if they are private or local authority properties, so this would make a massive difference - so I could be talking cobblers there, to be fair.)

I agree that itís a question of what the shareholder objective is here, which is why I suggested it would be nice to be kept abreast of the position. However, theyíll never tell us that so, a bit like Westfield in Croydon, Iíll believe it when I see boots on the ground!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 17 Feb 19 10.06am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Helmet46


The point was that, whilst we are customers, it is not quite the same as being a customer, of, say Tesco. It is more emotive to us.
It may only be 6 houses but they will, I suspect,be negotiating hard and have to have somewhere else to go. (Although I am not aware if they are private or local authority properties, so this would make a massive difference - so I could be talking cobblers there, to be fair.)

I agree that itís a question of what the shareholder objective is here, which is why I suggested it would be nice to be kept abreast of the position. However, theyíll never tell us that so, a bit like Westfield in Croydon, Iíll believe it when I see boots on the ground!

Itís just 6 home owners or renters and a negotiation that shouldnít hold us back for any length of time. I wouldnít take that as an excuse or reason. That would be nonsense or just show we arenít serious, which we may not be. Again, why pay off 6 home owners if we donít want to start to finish the job?

There will be some hurdles but I suspect the biggest ones are in the minds of the shareholders. My money is on these current owners/shareholders not doing it.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 17 Feb 19 10.07am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

We had money set aside from the US investment , earmarked for the stadium

No sign thatís been spent

A private equity investor expects to make big gains through deploying the capital

If we really donít deploy it they wonít be happy

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 17 Feb 19 1.43pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Is this guy OTT with his bitterness and apparent hatred for Parish.....anyone

You can ask me directly if you like.

The answer is no, what I tend to do in my life is look at things objectively.

Parish has indeed presided over our longest tenure in the top flight but my view is that is somewhat more through luck than judgement.

He has definitely done some things well, but in greater numbers he has made gaff after gaff when decisions needed to be made.

Parish is going nowhere though, so his fans and his critics better strap in for the long haul.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 18 Feb 19 7.59am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

You can ask me directly if you like.

The answer is no, what I tend to do in my life is look at things objectively.

Parish has indeed presided over our longest tenure in the top flight but my view is that is somewhat more through luck than judgement.

He has definitely done some things well, but in greater numbers he has made gaff after gaff when decisions needed to be made.

Parish is going nowhere though, so his fans and his critics better strap in for the long haul.

Seems more like negativity than objectivity.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ouzo's Profile ouzo Flag Rafina 18 Feb 19 8.16am Send a Private Message to ouzo Add ouzo as a friend

I find it amazing that some people are saying 'its only 6 homes'. We have had a long thread regarding the moving of the fanatics to block E and people being upset about being shifted out of a seat, yet when it comes to someones home, where they may have lived for years, having friends and possibly family close by, and it is considered as something that should be easy and acceptable.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag 18 Feb 19 8.57am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

does anyone know if we resolved the land issue with Sainsbury's.

The new stand encroaches by a few metres onto the car park land owned by Sainsbury's.

I believe when planning was approved we had no agreement with Sainsbury's regarding this strip of land.

I've heard nothing since to indicate it's been resolved.

Clearly we can't start work until this land has been purchased (but we you can apply for planning permission as we did)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 18 Feb 19 10.24am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ouzo

I find it amazing that some people are saying 'its only 6 homes'. We have had a long thread regarding the moving of the fanatics to block E and people being upset about being shifted out of a seat, yet when it comes to someones home, where they may have lived for years, having friends and possibly family close by, and it is considered as something that should be easy and acceptable.

I wasnít referring to the residentsí Ďupsetí in my post. I was saying that if the club was serious about this new stand they would and could sort that issue out without many problems. Itís if they want to is the question.

I had forgotten about the land owned by Sainsburys. But again, if we were serious then negotiations wouldíve progressed and a deal wouldíve been agreed. We arenít proposing to do anything to the supermarket store, so itís really just land weíre talking about.

The current shareholders donít seem serious on this to me and weíre really keeping the club in the Prem so itís attractive to sell. I wish someone and someone serious and with good intentions would takeover. Parish canít take us any further and the Americans havenít done what they proposed and can afford to ten times over.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 18 Feb 19 10.38am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Seems more like negativity than objectivity.

Parish has overseen us start the season many times without necessary players. No striker how many times? Mad changes in playing style without the players or funds to do it or any proper or any due diligence at all on the new manager. Thereís also poorly handled things like the HF and 400 in E block. Sure we could have worse chairmen, but these kind of repeated problems seem to be met with a locked office door or a no answer on the phone in ĎSmoke and Mirrors Ltdí in Soho with Steve praying or not looking at the problem and hoping itíll be okay in the end or the manager will work a huge miracle again.

I do understand and pretty much agree with how weíre dealing with the football finances right now because if we didnít weíd be relying on funds that we donít earn and be guaranteeing a return to the championship within the same timeframe between of the signing of Benteke and/or Sakho and now, and that really is where weíve lost control of finances because the infrastructure and lack of doing anything about it was so poor at this or championship level.

Parish is the chairman until theyíre all bought out I wouldíve thought but that doesnít mean heís immune from criticism.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dorking's Profile dorking Flag 18 Feb 19 12.24pm Send a Private Message to dorking Add dorking as a friend

5 of the 6 houses are council houses, whose tenants rent from Croydon Council

1 of the 6 houses was bought from the council many years ago under 'right to buy' and the owner lives abroad and privately rents it our to tenants.

Word on the street is that CPFC have opened a dialogue with the tenants with a view to finding them alternative homes in the local area.

No idea how things are progressing with Sainos

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 18 Feb 19 12.58pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by dorking

5 of the 6 houses are council houses, whose tenants rent from Croydon Council

1 of the 6 houses was bought from the council many years ago under 'right to buy' and the owner lives abroad and privately rents it our to tenants.

Word on the street is that CPFC have opened a dialogue with the tenants with a view to finding them alternative homes in the local area.

No idea how things are progressing with Sainos

Slow steps then. Probably because they arenít serious and would rather sell the club with planning permission. I wouldnít blame them in a way but there are seriously wealthy American shareholders and investors not stumping up for something which is a necessity and something that was spoken about/agreed, and they can afford.

Maybe they might take the plunge if we rebuild the team successfully after sales of prize assets in Zaha and/or Bissaka but thatíll be the only way I can see us being really clear and very confident of survival for several seasons into the future, if we spend well of course. Otherwise itíll be us struggling to compete financially because we donít have the new stand, and we wonít build the new stand because we canít be safer from relegation because we canít compete financially.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 127 of 132 < 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Stadium plans