You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump
April 24 2024 7.55pm

Bias against Trump

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 573 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Jul 17 7.10pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by redshift

I don't think he can take a lot of credit for the increase. The business cycle is much longer than the 6 months for anything he does to have a large impact and he really hasn't enacted any legislation that would change anything economically. What he can take credit for is not degrading the business environment in that time. The next 6 months will be the test. If he can get tax reform through, things should look up, regardless of the circus.

Edited by redshift (26 Jul 2017 7.07pm)

I think we will certainly get a fuller picture in another six months.

If he doesn't produce the goods economically I most definitely don't see him sticking around.....He and the republican party are still enemies...as unusual a situation as it sounds.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
wordup Flag 26 Jul 17 7.15pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Here's why it is a nonsense.

Officials in Russia or anyone else can push something under the door of a journalist with known political preference....say a document with information or how to obtain it.

They get in touch with the campaign team...and no one knows any different.

Put it up online and it's the same.

But email a member of the Trump team.....oh no...the sky has fallen down.

Do you understand now?

Information for favours however...that is something different.

Edited by Stirlingsays (26 Jul 2017 6.53pm)

Yes private individuals colluding with those closely foreign governments tends to be frowned upon. And if you accept the idea that this may have happened, why would you ever think that it's for nothing?

There are strong indicators that Flynn - while a private citizen - discussed lifting Russians sanctions with Russia while they were, according to all intelligence agencies, actively interfering in the election. That offers encouragement to pick a side. They're complicit.

We already know that Sessions recused himself due to lying about discussing policy with Russian officials during the run up to the election.

We also know that Exxon violated existing Russian oil sanctions with Tillerson at the helm and that Trump is and continues to go to extreme lengths to end an investigation that is apparently into absolutely nothing. I would suggest to you that the reason he's desperate to end it is because he realises that if he doesn't he will soon need to be pardoning those around him and if it comes to that he may well himself be on borrowed time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
wordup Flag 26 Jul 17 7.22pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I didn't say that, please re-read if you don't understand.

I'd say what I like to anyone's face, if I want to, thank you very much. I'm nobody's coward.

Anyone who expects their employer to pay for their personal issues is weak and wrong. An exception would be for events happening after employment that were related to their job.

Fair enough but the US military spends 5 times more on Viagra than it does trans treatments. That's a person issue too. Trans people were selected as an easy target and dog whistle to his core voters, who lap up this sort of thing.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Jul 17 7.28pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by wordup

We also know that Exxon violated existing Russian oil sanctions with Tillerson at the helm and that Trump is and continues to go to extreme lengths to end an investigation that is apparently into absolutely nothing. I would suggest to you that the reason he's desperate to end it is because he realises that if he doesn't he will soon need to be pardoning those around him and if it comes to that he may well himself be on borrowed time.

It is all very interesting.

My personal thoughts are that this kind of thing goes on all the time and that the current situation is loaded with political bias and hypocrisy.

Does that excuse the dirty work?....nope....but I don't buy the appeals to legality as anything other than a device.

I don't think anything will come of this as it's all very hard to actually prove. Without a proper validated recording nothings going to fly.

Still, this doesn't mean I condone Trump's behaviour or his team just like I don't condone Clinton's.

While it's clear Trump is a nationalist, it's also clear that he has very little in the way of ethics....It's not positive.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Jul 17 7.33pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by wordup

Fair enough but the US military spends 5 times more on Viagra than it does trans treatments. That's a person issue too. Trans people were selected as an easy target and dog whistle to his core voters, who lap up this sort of thing.

Well it bloody well shouldn't.....how on earth does this crap happen?

Being trans doesn't mean your employer should pay for your operations. Being a drug addict shouldn't mean your employer should pay for your addiction.

I most definitely support not having people who expect these things in the forces. Your personal stuff is your own. If your personal stuff means you can't do the job to the required ability anymore you should be kicked out....It's a standards thing.

Outside of that, I would welcome anyone who wants to be in the forces and passes its requirements for the job. I don't care what you are.

Edited by Stirlingsays (26 Jul 2017 7.35pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
wordup Flag 26 Jul 17 7.38pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

It is all very interesting.

My personal thoughts are that this kind of thing goes on all the time and that the current situation is loaded with political bias and hypocrisy.

Does that excuse the dirty work?....nope....but I don't buy the appeals to legality as anything other than a device.

I don't think anything will come of this as it's all very hard to actually prove. Without a proper validated recording nothings going to fly.

Still, this doesn't mean I condone Trump's behaviour or his team just like I don't condone Clinton's.

While it's clear Trump is a nationalist, it's also clear that he has very little in the way of ethics....It's not positive.

I would hope that an investigation carried out by someone well respected by Republicans would be allowed to continue. If that ends up not being the case, then it's anyones guess what comes next.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 26 Jul 17 7.57pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Here's why it is a nonsense.

Officials in Russia or anyone else can push something under the door of a journalist with known political preference....say a document with information or how to obtain it.

They get in touch with the campaign team...and no one knows any different.

Put it up online and it's the same.

But email a member of the Trump team.....oh no...the sky has fallen down.

Do you understand now?

Information for favours however...that is something different.


Al Gore's campaign was given a dossier on Bush Jr's debate preparation during the campaign in 2000. Their response was to send it to the FBI.

Don Jr. got an email offering a meeting with a "Russian government attorney" promising dirt that was part of Russia's ongoing support for the Trump candidacy. His response was to rope in Kushner and Manafort and run into that meeting.

Do you understand now?

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 26 Jul 17 7.58pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by wordup

People understand but they choose to ignore or don't care on account that they broadly share Trump's outlook. If you took this exact situation, replaced Trump with Obama and the Russians with a Muslim Nation, it would suddenly be 'the end of the world'.


You can wake a man who's sleeping. You cannot wake a man who's pretending to be asleep.

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 26 Jul 17 8.00pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by redshift

I don't think he can take a lot of credit for the increase. The business cycle is much longer than the 6 months for anything he does to have a large impact and he really hasn't enacted any legislation that would change anything economically. What he can take credit for is not degrading the business environment in that time. The next 6 months will be the test. If he can get tax reform through, things should look up, regardless of the circus.

The Federal government is still operating under the last Obama budget. It doesn't roll over to being Trump's economy until October.

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Jul 17 8.07pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Ray in Houston


Al Gore's campaign was given a dossier on Bush Jr's debate preparation during the campaign in 2000. Their response was to send it to the FBI.

Don Jr. got an email offering a meeting with a "Russian government attorney" promising dirt that was part of Russia's ongoing support for the Trump candidacy. His response was to rope in Kushner and Manafort and run into that meeting.

Do you understand now?

You started it.

The fact that you can't seem to understand that these rules can be extremely easily circumvented is what makes them a nonsense isn't something I can help you with.....I gave an example there could be many others.

What Gore did or didn't do with different pieces of information means absolutely nothing. You don't know what he or his team did with every bit of information that came their way and either do I? It's a non point of relevance.

Donald Jr having this meeting isn't apparently breaking the law...another point of difference.

I've already said that I believe Trump would use any tactics he could. What matters is what is provable....not what you or anyone else thinks happened.

Edited by Stirlingsays (26 Jul 2017 8.20pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 26 Jul 17 8.07pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Well it bloody well shouldn't.....how on earth does this crap happen?

Being trans doesn't mean your employer should pay for your operations. Being a drug addict shouldn't mean your employer should pay for your addiction.


Drug addition, droop[y dick and transgender are all deemed to be medical issues. In the U.S., health care has - since the 1950s - been put on the doorstep of employers to provide their staff with access to health insurance. It was a stop-gap that somehow became cast in stone.

Thus, the military - as employer - is responsible for providing health insurance for its employees. This is how the military ends up being the provider of access to gender reassignment surgery, Viagra and drug rehab.

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Jul 17 8.13pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by wordup

I would hope that an investigation carried out by someone well respected by Republicans would be allowed to continue. If that ends up not being the case, then it's anyones guess what comes next.

Here's a link, that I posted earlier, to an interesting analysis of how the republican party currently see Trump.....I'd skip the starting bit about Richard Dawkins and onto the Sessions situation

[Link]

I think Trump is far more likely to fall foul of his own party rather than anything the democrats can manage.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 573 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump