You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump
February 22 2020 12.04am

Bias against Trump

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 369 of 412 < 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 27 Sep 19 11.12am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

The comments though are not ridiculous at all.

They are on a different scale to the insults thrown around in the heat of debate. Name calling has been a stock in trade of Parliamentarians for a very long time.

These ladies are genuinely frightened and for very good reason. One of their number was murdered by someone who was inspired by rhetoric. They, and their families are receiving death threats.

Their pleas to cut out any language that might acerbate the situation come from the heart. Whatever you think of their politics they are human beings trying to do a difficult job in febrile times and they deserve to be shown respect and compassion.

And antifa dont hurt anyone!
I think rhetoric may play a part.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 27 Sep 19 11.26am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

The comments though are not ridiculous at all.

They are on a different scale to the insults thrown around in the heat of debate. Name calling has been a stock in trade of Parliamentarians for a very long time.

These ladies are genuinely frightened and for very good reason. One of their number was murdered by someone who was inspired by rhetoric. They, and their families are receiving death threats.

Their pleas to cut out any language that might acerbate the situation come from the heart. Whatever you think of their politics they are human beings trying to do a difficult job in febrile times and they deserve to be shown respect and compassion.

Febrile would accurately describe a lot of the behavour coming from the opposition benches and especially from overly emotional female MP's. Frustration and anger in the general population will inevitably increase until we leave the EU. People are now starting to understand the implications to them, their families and future generations if we don't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 27 Sep 19 11.33am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

There are indeed similarities in the "accusations" but they come from many quarters!

Johnson has just been found to have given unlawful advice to the Queen. He is accused by his opponents, who are on the left, the middle and the right of showing contempt for Parliament and the rule of law. He is accused of using intemperate language which could be interpreted by some in a way which could lead them to acts of violence.

Trump has yet to face any charges, but probably will. He is accused by his opponents of showing contempt for the truth, for Congress and the rule of law. He is accused of using intemperate language which could be interpreted by some in a way which could lead them to acts of violence.

What it has in common is dirty tricks, hypocrisy, and desperation from the Left who just can't seem to win via the ballot box.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 27 Sep 19 12.39pm

Originally posted by Omph

Trying to work out I this is irony. I fear not.


Quite. It's patently obvious that he was withholding a massive amount of aide until he got official word that an 'investigation' would be carried out. The language, manner and technique all point towards encouraging the fabrication of wrongdoing rather than discovery of it.

It was a stupid thing to do, as more often than not the early leader doesn't even end up being the eventual nominee anyway. Still, this is a tried and tested technique of Trumps of course, especially when elections approach. He directly applied his approach to business to the presidency.. and well, I mean it worked.

Edited by dollardays (27 Sep 2019 12.57pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 27 Sep 19 3.34pm


So basically I think Joe's wheels are slowly coming off. It can't be easy to lose your wheels and marbles at the same time!

joe.JPG Attachment: joe.JPG (119.21Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 27 Sep 19 3.42pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Quite. It's patently obvious that he was withholding a massive amount of aide until he got official word that an 'investigation' would be carried out. The language, manner and technique all point towards encouraging the fabrication of wrongdoing rather than discovery of it.

It was a stupid thing to do, as more often than not the early leader doesn't even end up being the eventual nominee anyway. Still, this is a tried and tested technique of Trumps of course, especially when elections approach. He directly applied his approach to business to the presidency.. and well, I mean it worked.

Edited by dollardays (27 Sep 2019 12.57pm)

Seriously? This is how superpower business works....You don't pay someone you negotiate with before you negotiate with them.

This is how presidents of any party have been operating for many decades and indeed, Biden himself is on video boosting about threatening fiscal consequences to those who didn't carry out his will.

As for your suggestion that any investigation will result in fabrication is well...a bit reaching. Besides that would just result in blowback if it did.

Edited by Stirlingsays (27 Sep 2019 3.44pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 27 Sep 19 3.47pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays


So basically I think Joe's wheels are slowly coming off. It can't be easy to lose your wheels and marbles at the same time!

I think it's going to be either Warren or Biden.

Regardless the comic potential will be significant.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 27 Sep 19 4.45pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Quite. It's patently obvious that he was withholding a massive amount of aide until he got official word that an 'investigation' would be carried out. The language, manner and technique all point towards encouraging the fabrication of wrongdoing rather than discovery of it.

It was a stupid thing to do, as more often than not the early leader doesn't even end up being the eventual nominee anyway. Still, this is a tried and tested technique of Trumps of course, especially when elections approach. He directly applied his approach to business to the presidency.. and well, I mean it worked.

Edited by dollardays (27 Sep 2019 12.57pm)

Trump will not be impeached for this. It has pretty much already blown over.
It is the desperation of the opposition to look at anything and call impeachment. The Stormy Daniels thing was more serious but she wasn't a Presidential aide and he wasn't the President - hence that can wait until he isn't President anymore. In around five years or so - if anyone still cares.
The transcript does not at all prove what you surmise. It would also be inadmissable in court in any case. Funny how this came out straight after the bugging news - don't you think?
This could backfire on the opposition far more than the President. Trump supporters will be thinking, great, we get arms deals and we piss off the Democrats. Two birds - one Javelin missile.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 27 Sep 19 4.48pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I think it's going to be either Warren or Biden.

Regardless the comic potential will be significant.

Most of the democrat candidates belong in the star wars cantina.

The only one that's even remotely sane is Gabbard

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 27 Sep 19 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Most of the democrat candidates belong in the star wars cantina.

The only one that's even remotely sane is Gabbard

Why anyone sane would continue in the Democratic party is beyond me. Even Gabbard has put her name to lots of their wacko ideas.

They have moved so far to the left that say....if Warren or Sanders actually won.....You seriously wonder about the world economy and the flow of investment.

One thing would be a near certainty and that is the price of precious metals would soar as people played it safe.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 27 Sep 19 6.38pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

And antifa dont hurt anyone!
I think rhetoric may play a part.

What has antifa got to do with what happened in the House?

Whataboutery taken to extremes?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 27 Sep 19 6.44pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Febrile would accurately describe a lot of the behavour coming from the opposition benches and especially from overly emotional female MP's. Frustration and anger in the general population will inevitably increase until we leave the EU. People are now starting to understand the implications to them, their families and future generations if we don't.

"Overly emotional female MPs"?

Those ladies were quite obviously really frightened and completely sincere. If you think they were acting for the camera then I don't.

The general population includes many millions who don't agree with either you or this government and fear the implications of a no deal Brexit. Some fear a Brexit of any sort, but most will accept it so long as it is done with care and causes the least possible harm.

You seem to think you speak for everyone. Just because you have support here means very little in the bigger picture.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 369 of 412 < 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump