You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Strange Death of Europe - Douglas K Murry
August 18 2019 4.21pm

The Strange Death of Europe - Douglas K Murry

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View Sheks Crows Eye's Profile Sheks Crows Eye Flag Stafford 05 Dec 17 2.57pm Send a Private Message to Sheks Crows Eye Add Sheks Crows Eye as a friend

As a forward-thinking progressive, I’m always on the lookout for common English phrases that are likely to offend people of color. Yes, I may be “married” to a “person of color,” but I understand that this is simply not enough to absolve me of the white supremacy from which I’ve enjoyed so many benefits. And, yes, I may have a few children who wouldn’t be considered “white” according to the one-drop rule. I grew up hating that rule. But I now realize how it has the potential to advance the interests of marginalized communities. So, it’s all kewl.
So, what about “chocolate”?
Mark Henry, the former WWE wrestler, used to refer to himself as “Sexual Chocolate.” Yeah, just try to defend that one in the post-Harvey Weinstein era!
At best, the enjoyment of chocolate by people in North America is reflective of an innocent ignorance of the mesoamerican origins of this treat. At worst, it is cultural appropriation of the most sinister type. This goes for the Muslims in europe as well.
I like chocolate. But, every time I take a bite, I try to remind myself of the diseases my people brought to this continent, which wiped out so many of its original inhabitants.

Edited by Sheks Crows Eye (05 Dec 2017 2.58pm)

 


Hard truths cut both ways

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crystal balls's Profile crystal balls Flag The Garden of Earthly Delights 05 Dec 17 3.05pm Send a Private Message to crystal balls Add crystal balls as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

No it isn't. I have an open mind on this issue.

The reality is that you can't tell.

In an environment that is so politically charged as this one, how those crimes are categorised in terms of 'sensitive' cases is possibly suspect in a country like Sweden.

But it is uncontested that the numbers of cases reported had remained largely the same over the last 20 years, and the number of convictions has similarly remained the same.
The massive difference between reported cases and the number of convictions is, perhaps, a topic for discussion, but the figures themselves cannot be categorised as "suspect".

 


I used to be immortal

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crystal balls's Profile crystal balls Flag The Garden of Earthly Delights 05 Dec 17 3.07pm Send a Private Message to crystal balls Add crystal balls as a friend

In 2014, there were 6,697 rapes reported to the Swedish police, or 69 cases per 100,000 population, according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (BRĹ), which is an 11% increase from the previous year.[5] In 2015, the number of reported rapes declined 12%, to 5918 (On the other hand, Swedish Crime Survey in 2015 showed that 1.7% of the total population or 129,000 people between 16-79 years old have exposed to some extension of sexual offenses include rape in their previous lives, increased from 1% in 2014[6]). In 2016, the number of reported rapes increased again to 6,715[7]. The number of convictions has remained relatively unchanged since 2005, with approximately 190 convictions on average each year.[8][

 


I used to be immortal

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 05 Dec 17 3.16pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by Sheks Crows Eye

As a forward-thinking progressive, I’m always on the lookout for common English phrases that are likely to offend people of color. Yes, I may be “married” to a “person of color,” but I understand that this is simply not enough to absolve me of the white supremacy from which I’ve enjoyed so many benefits. And, yes, I may have a few children who wouldn’t be considered “white” according to the one-drop rule. I grew up hating that rule. But I now realize how it has the potential to advance the interests of marginalized communities. So, it’s all kewl.
So, what about “chocolate”?
Mark Henry, the former WWE wrestler, used to refer to himself as “Sexual Chocolate.” Yeah, just try to defend that one in the post-Harvey Weinstein era!
At best, the enjoyment of chocolate by people in North America is reflective of an innocent ignorance of the mesoamerican origins of this treat. At worst, it is cultural appropriation of the most sinister type. This goes for the Muslims in europe as well.
I like chocolate. But, every time I take a bite, I try to remind myself of the diseases my people brought to this continent, which wiped out so many of its original inhabitants.

Edited by Sheks Crows Eye (05 Dec 2017 2.58pm)

He also used to refer to himself as the world's strongest man, despite never even competing in it.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
jamiemartin721 Flag Reading 05 Dec 17 3.18pm

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Something is either true or not. How you interpret facts depends on your point of view.
If you are hell bent on ignoring reality because it does not fit with your belief system or your self interests, then you will ignore the facts or invent other 'facts' or comparisons to counter them.

Given that a human can only ever interpret the world around them, rather than directly experience it, how can one establish that something is true, as only intrepretations of the phenomena can be expressed and shared.

Truth is a social construction, built out of arguments around the evidence, supporting a interpretation or series of interpretation.

Now I do think you can establish that something is likely or reasonably true, in the presentation of evidence that supports the argument of an interpretation, but that is always just an interpretation (its just evidences, rather than an opinion).

Its the fundamental problem of philosophy, the nature of truth, in light of a world in which we only can establish truth as a 'consensual understanding'

 


"One Nation Under God, has turned into One Nation Under the Influence of One Drug"
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 05 Dec 17 3.19pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by crystal balls

But it is uncontested that the numbers of cases reported had remained largely the same over the last 20 years, and the number of convictions has similarly remained the same.
The massive difference between reported cases and the number of convictions is, perhaps, a topic for discussion, but the figures themselves cannot be categorised as "suspect".

The number of reported cases has definitely gone up on women since 2015.... on men it's gone down.

I do suspect that 'sensitivities' play a part here....but as said that is purely suspicion with no evidence.

Unfortunately...but necessarily, Police forces are run by governments and governments decide how crimes are reported and categorised....and how they procede......Political footballs.

Edited by Stirlingsays (05 Dec 2017 3.20pm)

reported.JPG Attachment: reported.JPG (47.15Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 05 Dec 17 3.22pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by jamiemartin721

Nah, both sides are doing that. What people probably don't realise is that they're playing into the kind of polarisation of issues, that the far right and the far left use as a means of removing the middle ground.

Exactly my thoughts on reading through this thread - worrying to see from both 'sides'.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 05 Dec 17 3.28pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by danny choo choo

both sides? one side is the people with common sence who are reacting on what they see and go on facts and statistics who just won't a proper open debate and are not scared of higlighting what is going on, the other side are people who are either blinkerred appologists who dont won't to listen to anything that they find dufficult talking about and cry rascist and islamaphobe at the earliest opportunity and indoing so stifle debate and ignore the important issues we face and only add fuel to the f*** witt racsist c***s that do exist and they are happy just to carry on in their sugar coated fluffy lifes.

You can't claim the moral high ground on wanting a 'proper open debate' whilst also claiming that only one side is made up of people with common sense, and the other by 'blinkered apologists' - surely you see the glaring contradiction in that?

Edited by EverybodyDannsNow (05 Dec 2017 3.29pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 05 Dec 17 3.37pm

Originally posted by crystal balls

But it is uncontested that the numbers of cases reported had remained largely the same over the last 20 years, and the number of convictions has similarly remained the same.
The massive difference between reported cases and the number of convictions is, perhaps, a topic for discussion, but the figures themselves cannot be categorised as "suspect".


I've heard it said that Sweden is used as 'evidence ' by right wing groups here and in America because not many people really knows much about the place so it's easy to make up stuff without being called out on.it.
Oh and the Swedish far right party are losing a lot of ground in the latest polls. Nowhere near leading them as was said earlier in the thread.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 05 Dec 17 3.59pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset


I've heard it said that Sweden is used as 'evidence ' by right wing groups here and in America because not many people really knows much about the place so it's easy to make up stuff without being called out on.it.
Oh and the Swedish far right party are losing a lot of ground in the latest polls. Nowhere near leading them as was said earlier in the thread.

Not even close. I think someone is confusing the Social Democrats (leading) with the Swedish Democrats. (3rd)

But I wouldn't trust a poll the day before an election, never mind 9 months before.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crystal balls's Profile crystal balls Flag The Garden of Earthly Delights 05 Dec 17 4.01pm Send a Private Message to crystal balls Add crystal balls as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The number of reported cases has definitely gone up on women since 2015.... on men it's gone down.

I do suspect that 'sensitivities' play a part here....but as said that is purely suspicion with no evidence.

Unfortunately...but necessarily, Police forces are run by governments and governments decide how crimes are reported and categorised....and how they procede......Political footballs.

Edited by Stirlingsays (05 Dec 2017 3.20pm)

That graph doesn't show rape statistics in isolation; it includes a number of offences of a sexual nature. Figures for reported rape offences throughout the period have remained within the 5,500 - 6,500 per annum level, while convictions have remained around 190-200 per annum.

 


I used to be immortal

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 05 Dec 17 4.21pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by jamiemartin721

Given that a human can only ever interpret the world around them, rather than directly experience it, how can one establish that something is true, as only intrepretations of the phenomena can be expressed and shared.

Truth is a social construction, built out of arguments around the evidence, supporting a interpretation or series of interpretation.

Now I do think you can establish that something is likely or reasonably true, in the presentation of evidence that supports the argument of an interpretation, but that is always just an interpretation (its just evidences, rather than an opinion).

Its the fundamental problem of philosophy, the nature of truth, in light of a world in which we only can establish truth as a 'consensual understanding'

Very nice, but in your world, nothing is ever entirely true or untrue. That means that your assertion is not true either.
Some things you just have to accept as fact if the evidence is undeniable. Not everything can be spun or reinterpreted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Strange Death of Europe - Douglas K Murry