You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread
December 1 2021 6.30pm

Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 392 of 396 < 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 >

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 24 Nov 21 10.44pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Untrue. I have a "West-End" quality venue 10 mins drive from my door, The Playhouse Theatre in the Hall for Cornwall. The Eden Project is 40 mins away. The Minack Theatre provides a spectacular cliff side, open air venue throughout the summer. The Boardmasters Festival attracts world-class acts. There is great dining, history, culture, heritage and gardens everywhere.

And that's before you even mention the wonderful beaches, water sports and countryside. And no traffic to mention. Superfast broadband. Cheapish housing. Friendly, unstressed people.

Rather that then endless jams, crowded trains and people who look straight through you.

I live in Kent. It is certainly not true to say that Cornwall has no traffic jams. The main arteries can be a nightmare in the Summer.
The attractions of Cornwall are certainly enjoyable, but you can't do them every week. Once or twice is enough for most people.
I visit Cornwall quite regularly for a change of scenery, but it can't be described as exciting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 24 Nov 21 10.54pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Untrue. I have a "West-End" quality venue 10 mins drive from my door, The Playhouse Theatre in the Hall for Cornwall. The Eden Project is 40 mins away. The Minack Theatre provides a spectacular cliff side, open air venue throughout the summer. The Boardmasters Festival attracts world-class acts. There is great dining, history, culture, heritage and gardens everywhere.

And that's before you even mention the wonderful beaches, water sports and countryside. And no traffic to mention. Superfast broadband. Cheapish housing. Friendly, unstressed people.

Rather that then endless jams, crowded trains and people who look straight through you.

Who was your favourite act at Boardmasters? Dizzie Rascal? Snoop Dogg? Chemical Brothers? Stormzy ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the silurian's Profile the silurian Flag The garden of England.(not really) 25 Nov 21 6.26am Send a Private Message to the silurian Add the silurian as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Untrue. I have a "West-End" quality venue 10 mins drive from my door, The Playhouse Theatre in the Hall for Cornwall. The Eden Project is 40 mins away. The Minack Theatre provides a spectacular cliff side, open air venue throughout the summer. The Boardmasters Festival attracts world-class acts. There is great dining, history, culture, heritage and gardens everywhere.

And that's before you even mention the wonderful beaches, water sports and countryside. And no traffic to mention. Superfast broadband. Cheapish housing. Friendly, unstressed people.

Rather that then endless jams, crowded trains and people who look straight through you.

Now I Know you are on a wind up, I was in Cornwall in July this year and the traffic was HORRENDOUS...every road was full of traffic...Scorrier to Truro town centre at least 30 minutes, should be 10-15 mins IF as you say there is no traffic to mention!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Nov 21 8.23am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I live in Kent. It is certainly not true to say that Cornwall has no traffic jams. The main arteries can be a nightmare in the Summer.
The attractions of Cornwall are certainly enjoyable, but you can't do them every week. Once or twice is enough for most people.
I visit Cornwall quite regularly for a change of scenery, but it can't be described as exciting.

Not for those who live here. We avoid the A30 at peak times and know the back doubles and little lanes. Only the emmets get snarled up. Tough luck.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Nov 21 8.25am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by the silurian

Now I Know you are on a wind up, I was in Cornwall in July this year and the traffic was HORRENDOUS...every road was full of traffic...Scorrier to Truro town centre at least 30 minutes, should be 10-15 mins IF as you say there is no traffic to mention!!!

Then you don't know the best way. Unless there was an accident, which can happen anywhere. Even here occasionally, but routinely 10-15 mins would be about right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Nov 21 8.27am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Who was your favourite act at Boardmasters? Dizzie Rascal? Snoop Dogg? Chemical Brothers? Stormzy ?

Not my scene, of course, but for some it is.

Booked to see Brian Adams and Diana Ross at the Eden project next summer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the silurian's Profile the silurian Flag The garden of England.(not really) 25 Nov 21 10.08am Send a Private Message to the silurian Add the silurian as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Then you don't know the best way. Unless there was an accident, which can happen anywhere. Even here occasionally, but routinely 10-15 mins would be about right.

so as a local, you know the short cuts and how to avoid jams?Well done,we can all say that about where we live cant we, doesnt mean there are no traffic jams......as you stated, sorry that us 'emmets" dont know our way around as well as you do.......go and have a cream tea and have a day off posting nonsense

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 25 Nov 21 10.48am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Not for those who live here. We avoid the A30 at peak times and know the back doubles and little lanes. Only the emmets get snarled up. Tough luck.

Emmets? Could a tourist take offence at being called that? Or is this ok? Your last 2 sentences seem to sum up the Cornish population’s view of “outsiders” but they still want their money

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 25 Nov 21 11.58am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Not for those who live here. We avoid the A30 at peak times and know the back doubles and little lanes. Only the emmets get snarled up. Tough luck.

This is a rather surprising attitude from a man who thinks that the country should be subjected to mass immigration.

We have an increasing population blocking up our roads in London and the South East. Don't get too smug. It's coming your way soon enough. White flight will only increase.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Nov 21 1.43pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by the silurian

so as a local, you know the short cuts and how to avoid jams?Well done,we can all say that about where we live cant we, doesnt mean there are no traffic jams......as you stated, sorry that us 'emmets" dont know our way around as well as you do.......go and have a cream tea and have a day off posting nonsense

I didn't say there was no traffic! Only that the problems weren't worth a mention, as they are insignificant if you live here all the year. I have been out. Just waiting for my pasty to bake.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Nov 21 1.47pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Emmets? Could a tourist take offence at being called that? Or is this ok? Your last 2 sentences seem to sum up the Cornish population’s view of “outsiders” but they still want their money

You could, but it wouldn't be justified. The local people only use the term to describe the uncouth types who don't respect the narrow lanes or the quieter, slower pace of life that applies here.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 25 Nov 21 1.51pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You could, but it wouldn't be justified. The local people only use the term to describe the uncouth types who don't respect the narrow lanes or the quieter, slower pace of life that applies here.

So it’s the same as Londoners calling people carrot crunching bumpkins when they clutter up the escalators on the tube.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 392 of 396 < 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread