You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread
December 1 2021 7.19pm

Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 391 of 396 < 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 >

 

View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 24 Nov 21 8.37pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

No. Public relations, possibly. Because of ongoing investigations, possibly. Who knows?

Well, Iíd have thought ďwe canít afford for this to come outĒ was quite self explanatory but alright.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 24 Nov 21 9.08pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Stirling is right. As I have thought from the start, you just post this stuff to wind people up.

It's the only possible explanation because no one could possibly think that funding was a reasonable excuse for the obvious cover up and inaction by police and local government.

I guess we need to read everything you post with that in mind.


Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (24 Nov 2021 8.01pm)

Untrue. I don't ever post things to wind people up. I post to offer alternative possibilities to the assertions made by people like you, which always start from a place I don't care for, so instinctively distrust, and therefore look for others.

That you get wound up so often indicates to me that I am touching a nerve and picking the bias balloons.

People don't cover up just when they are embarrassed. They can do so when to reveal everything might lead to more harm than not doing so.

You argue that a different policy ought to have been adopted. With hindsight, that may well be true, but that doesn't mean that those whose job it was to actually take the decisions at the time acted in bad faith. If enquiries show it to be true, then no doubt appropriate actions will follow.

In the meantime, I am very thankful that you don't actually take any political decisions. What a mess we would be in then!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 24 Nov 21 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Untrue. I don't ever post things to wind people up. I post to offer alternative possibilities to the assertions made by people like you, which always start from a place I don't care for, so instinctively distrust, and therefore look for others.

That you get wound up so often indicates to me that I am touching a nerve and picking the bias balloons.

People don't cover up just when they are embarrassed. They can do so when to reveal everything might lead to more harm than not doing so.

You argue that a different policy ought to have been adopted. With hindsight, that may well be true, but that doesn't mean that those whose job it was to actually take the decisions at the time acted in bad faith. If enquiries show it to be true, then no doubt appropriate actions will follow.

In the meantime, I am very thankful that you don't actually take any political decisions. What a mess we would be in then!

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't get wound up by strangers posting rubbish.
I appreciate that you enjoy taking opposing positions for some sort of retired man's sport, but I hope to god that you don't actually believe everything that you post.

It's interesting that you think that 'harm' might result from full disclosure when harm has actually occurred because of a desire to ignore the obvious fact that pakistani Muslims were systematically abusing girls in a dozen towns with authorities scared of being accused of racism. This seems not to be a problem for you. You would rather talk about budgets and racism.

If you spent more time accepting the obvious rather than trying to avoid it for the sake of your ideals, then you might be seen in a more favourable light.

We do agree on some things. I certainly would not make a good politician, for sure. I like the truth too much.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 24 Nov 21 9.41pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't get wound up by strangers posting rubbish.
I appreciate that you enjoy taking opposing positions for some sort of retired man's sport, but I hope to god that you don't actually believe everything that you post.

It's interesting that you think that 'harm' might result from full disclosure when harm has actually occurred because of a desire to ignore the obvious fact that pakistani Muslims were systematically abusing girls in a dozen towns with authorities scared of being accused of racism. This seems not to be a problem for you. You would rather talk about budgets and racism.

If you spent more time accepting the obvious rather than trying to avoid it for the sake of your ideals, then you might be seen in a more favourable light.

We do agree on some things. I certainly would not make a good politician, for sure. I like the truth too much.


Good post mate.

He's truly awful and for me his apologist attitudes have become symbolic of why what happened happened.

He's bad for my blood pressure, that's for sure.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 24 Nov 21 10.01pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


Good post mate.

He's truly awful and for me his apologist attitudes have become symbolic of why what happened happened.

He's bad for my blood pressure, that's for sure.

This is just a little bit of entertainment to him. Cornwall is not the most exciting place, unless you call dog walking, sheep worrying and biggest vegetable competitions exciting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 24 Nov 21 10.14pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't get wound up by strangers posting rubbish.
I appreciate that you enjoy taking opposing positions for some sort of retired man's sport, but I hope to god that you don't actually believe everything that you post.

It's interesting that you think that 'harm' might result from full disclosure when harm has actually occurred because of a desire to ignore the obvious fact that pakistani Muslims were systematically abusing girls in a dozen towns with authorities scared of being accused of racism. This seems not to be a problem for you. You would rather talk about budgets and racism.

If you spent more time accepting the obvious rather than trying to avoid it for the sake of your ideals, then you might be seen in a more favourable light.

We do agree on some things. I certainly would not make a good politician, for sure. I like the truth too much.

You said you agreed with Stirling! It's good to know you don't, as you two seem so compatible, you'll be getting a room soon. I wouldn't wish that on either of you.

My fear is that you DO believe everything you write. That's enough to give people nightmares.

Are you so completely obsessed with your own narrative that you cannot imagine any other? Maybe the authorities had another way of trying to deal with the issue other than confronting it head on? Maybe they thought that working quietly, without publicity, would yield more information and result in better detection and conviction rates.

Everyone had the same objective. That the route taken to get there either didn't work, or got exposed before it could, isn't known to any of us. Enquiries can only reveal what is known. Some things may well be held back and only revealed when cabinet papers are unsealed.

I don't know any more than you do. But the reverse is also true.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 24 Nov 21 10.19pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You said you agreed with Stirling! It's good to know you don't, as you two seem so compatible, you'll be getting a room soon. I wouldn't wish that on either of you.

My fear is that you DO believe everything you write. That's enough to give people nightmares.

Are you so completely obsessed with your own narrative that you cannot imagine any other? Maybe the authorities had another way of trying to deal with the issue other than confronting it head on? Maybe they thought that working quietly, without publicity, would yield more information and result in better detection and conviction rates.

Everyone had the same objective. That the route taken to get there either didn't work, or got exposed before it could, isn't known to any of us. Enquiries can only reveal what is known. Some things may well be held back and only revealed when cabinet papers are unsealed.

I don't know any more than you do. But the reverse is also true.

Maybe they did think that but thirty years is a long time to maintain a policy that isnít working. Even then surely they could have taken steps to protect some of the girls involved.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 24 Nov 21 10.19pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


Good post mate.

He's truly awful and for me his apologist attitudes have become symbolic of why what happened happened.

He's bad for my blood pressure, that's for sure.

Can I recommend asking your GP to prescribe Statins.

By the way, I am not apologising for anyone, or anything. I am merely suggesting alternative scenarios to those you assume must be true. Keeping an open mind is at least as important as maintaining free speech.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 24 Nov 21 10.25pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Maybe they did think that but thirty years is a long time to maintain a policy that isnít working. Even then surely they could have taken steps to protect some of the girls involved.

I think it's an accepted fact that the scale of the problem wasn't understood for a very long time, partly because of the distrust among the communities in which the criminals hide themselves.

Overcoming that distrust looks as though it was a central plank of the strategy.

That said, social work departments did try to help but, as anyone who has any dealings with them knows, they are over-run with work.

Criticism is cheap and easy. Finding solutions much harder.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 24 Nov 21 10.37pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

This is just a little bit of entertainment to him. Cornwall is not the most exciting place, unless you call dog walking, sheep worrying and biggest vegetable competitions exciting.

Untrue. I have a "West-End" quality venue 10 mins drive from my door, The Playhouse Theatre in the Hall for Cornwall. The Eden Project is 40 mins away. The Minack Theatre provides a spectacular cliff side, open air venue throughout the summer. The Boardmasters Festival attracts world-class acts. There is great dining, history, culture, heritage and gardens everywhere.

And that's before you even mention the wonderful beaches, water sports and countryside. And no traffic to mention. Superfast broadband. Cheapish housing. Friendly, unstressed people.

Rather that then endless jams, crowded trains and people who look straight through you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 24 Nov 21 10.37pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You said you agreed with Stirling! It's good to know you don't, as you two seem so compatible, you'll be getting a room soon. I wouldn't wish that on either of you.

My fear is that you DO believe everything you write. That's enough to give people nightmares.

Are you so completely obsessed with your own narrative that you cannot imagine any other? Maybe the authorities had another way of trying to deal with the issue other than confronting it head on? Maybe they thought that working quietly, without publicity, would yield more information and result in better detection and conviction rates.

Everyone had the same objective. That the route taken to get there either didn't work, or got exposed before it could, isn't known to any of us. Enquiries can only reveal what is known. Some things may well be held back and only revealed when cabinet papers are unsealed.

I don't know any more than you do. But the reverse is also true.

Mmm, except that it went on for years in many places and is probably still going on. Not a very good strategy was it? Not that anyone would believe that for a minute.

I'm sure there must be some more excuses that you can cook up given time rather than just accept what is staring you in the face.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 24 Nov 21 10.39pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I think it's an accepted fact that the scale of the problem wasn't understood for a very long time, partly because of the distrust among the communities in which the criminals hide themselves.

Overcoming that distrust looks as though it was a central plank of the strategy.

That said, social work departments did try to help but, as anyone who has any dealings with them knows, they are over-run with work.

Criticism is cheap and easy. Finding solutions much harder.

My criticism is only for those responsible for this supposed policy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 391 of 396 < 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread