You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > biggest poppulation & biggest debt
January 29 2022 1.06pm

biggest poppulation & biggest debt

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Rubin's Profile Rubin Flag 28 Dec 17 10.36pm Send a Private Message to Rubin Add Rubin as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

That has got to be the stupidest logic dealt out by the left of thinking.

How can a lack of housing be a problem but increased population not add to that problem?
All the time more people come here, we have to keep building more houses.

Duh!

The left are just such nice people though Hrolf, can't you just see how much they just care about people that they'll never actually meet? They're just so empathetic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Dec 17 10.49pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Rubin

The left are just such nice people though Hrolf, can't you just see how much they just care about people that they'll never actually meet? They're just so empathetic.

Or...they are virtue signalling hypocrites who wish to ease their own irrational guilt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 28 Dec 17 10.52pm

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Or...they are virtue signalling hypocrites who wish to ease their own irrational guilt.

[Link]

What irrational guilt? You are making s*** up and then using it as a put down.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Dec 17 10.53pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset

[Link]

What irrational guilt? You are making s*** up and then using it as a put down.

As if by magic......

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 28 Dec 17 10.54pm

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

That has got to be the stupidest logic dealt out by the left of thinking.

How can a lack of housing be a problem but increased population not add to that problem?
All the time more people come here, we have to keep building more houses.

Duh!

Over half a million properties laying empty.

On the subject of housing. Frequently they use prebuilt houses factory built and assembled on site on Gran Designs. Must be the way forward surely. Posh pre fabs.

Edited by nickgusset (28 Dec 2017 10.55pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Dec 17 10.59pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset

Over half a million properties laying empty.

On the subject of housing. Frequently they use prebuilt houses factory built and assembled on site on Gran Designs. Must be the way forward surely. Posh pre fabs.

Edited by nickgusset (28 Dec 2017 10.55pm)

Deflection. More people means bigger housing crisis.

I don't want to live in a country with an insane population density and I'm not wasting my time engaging with irrational people on ths subject.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnfirewall's Profile johnfirewall Flag 28 Dec 17 11.59pm Send a Private Message to johnfirewall Add johnfirewall as a friend

Originally posted by Kermit8

The lack of new social accommodation/council housing added to the major housing deregulation acts back in the 80's and exposing it to the full force of free market economics has been the biggest let-down for the general population imo and absolutely nothing to do with over-population but successive governments lack of will and foresight and unhealthy obsessions.

The younger can work as hard as they like but how are the majority going to be able to get a mortgage in their mid-twenties when flats are way out of reach financially and for independence there are no council places either?

Thatcher started the rot.

Edited by Kermit8 (28 Dec 2017 6.09pm)

I was wondering why she didn't appear in your first line but I guess that was just a clever way of saying she sold off the houses that in reality no cnut wanted to live in.

Now they do, in their millions, just in London, so how the addition of new stock to the public market has caused this problem, you'll have to explain.

Not sure why you're talking about workers and social housing in the same sentence either, or even affordable, which has always been a myth since the term's inception, not least when we're talking about national debt.

Maybe plot GDP/ debt/ population rather for a more balanced evaluation. Someone get the graphs.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 29 Dec 17 12.19am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Mass immigration is a disaster waiting to happen.
When the idiots who promote it realise, it will be too late.
I suspect they don't care.

Might be better to answer the question.

Immigrants are more likely to have jobs and less likely to use any and all public services.

Our problem is dreadful productivity fuelled by poor investment decisions. Immigration has disguised the scale of the problem but canít reasonably be claimed to have caused it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CambridgeEagle's Profile CambridgeEagle Flag Sydenham 29 Dec 17 12.20am Send a Private Message to CambridgeEagle Add CambridgeEagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

We didn't give it to the banks and on reselling the shares we have made a profit.
If they thought it was goner lose dough they wouldn't have done it.
Also it isn't the same as Freddie Mac and Fannie may in the USA.
It saved thousands of jobs as well.
Also the money spent wouldn't have been spent on us anyway as it wasn't in any budget.
Need to stop blaming investing as the big problem. That is tons of people not putting in and still taking out.

Most of the shares are still in public ownership and slated to be liquidated at a massive loss by this government in next two years

Edited by CambridgeEagle (29 Dec 2017 12.53am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CambridgeEagle's Profile CambridgeEagle Flag Sydenham 29 Dec 17 12.24am Send a Private Message to CambridgeEagle Add CambridgeEagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

We didn't give it to the banks and on reselling the shares we have made a profit.
If they thought it was goner lose dough they wouldn't have done it.
Also it isn't the same as Freddie Mac and Fannie may in the USA.
It saved thousands of jobs as well.
Also the money spent wouldn't have been spent on us anyway as it wasn't in any budget.
Need to stop blaming investing as the big problem. That is tons of people not putting in and still taking out.

Investing or the lack of it is a major problem. UK has one of the worst levels of corporate investment in developed world and in fact its lower than the rate of capital depreciation meaning we're now having to try and do more with less in the private sector. Hence very poor productivity. Add to this austerity and lack of public investment and bingo. Diminishing living standards and crumbling public services and infrastructure.

Businesses want immigration as it's cheap labour but don't want to pay for the means to support it and governments have been too incompetent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 29 Dec 17 12.26am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

We didn't give it to the banks and on reselling the shares we have made a profit.
If they thought it was goner lose dough they wouldn't have done it.
Also it isn't the same as Freddie Mac and Fannie may in the USA.
It saved thousands of jobs as well.
Also the money spent wouldn't have been spent on us anyway as it wasn't in any budget.
Need to stop blaming investing as the big problem. That is tons of people not putting in and still taking out.

Who told you we made a profit on the shares? On some subsets a small return was made, not commensurate with returns from other investments over the period. But there were also elements carved out as bad banks where we lost our shirts.

As Cambridge says above. Check out the NAO report from July

Edited by Mapletree (29 Dec 2017 12.36am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kermit8's Profile Kermit8 Flag Hevon 29 Dec 17 9.36am Send a Private Message to Kermit8 Add Kermit8 as a friend

Originally posted by johnfirewall

I was wondering why she didn't appear in your first line but I guess that was just a clever way of saying she sold off the houses that in reality no cnut wanted to live in.

Now they do, in their millions, just in London, so how the addition of new stock to the public market has caused this problem, you'll have to explain.

Not sure why you're talking about workers and social housing in the same sentence either, or even affordable, which has always been a myth since the term's inception, not least when we're talking about national debt.

Maybe plot GDP/ debt/ population rather for a more balanced evaluation. Someone get the graphs.

Ignorant, shows you to be a snob and totally wrong.

The rest of your post lacks clarity but not, perhaps, alcohol.

 


Big chest and massive boobs

[Link]


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > biggest poppulation & biggest debt