You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > H&M hoodie
June 19 2024 12.14pm

H&M hoodie

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 08 Jan 18 9.01pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Ray in Houston

You are privileged compared to the vast, vast majority of the population of the world. You have clean running water, you have a permanent home, you have access to healthcare, police, fire departments, education for your kids, central heating, the internet, TV, radio, electric lights and on and on and on.

The fact that you see al of this and more as your God-given right, while berating anyone who might call you privileged, is your privilege writ large.

And so is virtually everyone who lives in Europe and the USA.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 08 Jan 18 9.03pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Your posts consistently have the same tone. Insulting.

If also find the whole idea that White people get everything handed to them on a plate insulting.


If I seem insulting, it's because I find your position on this (and other subjects) contemptible.

What's insulting (apart from you capitlising "White" for some reason), is that you seem to think that because others have more privilege than you, that you are somehow not privileged.

[Link]

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 08 Jan 18 9.04pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

And so is virtually everyone who lives in Europe and the USA.

I'm glad you agree with my point.

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 08 Jan 18 9.07pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Ray in Houston

I'm glad you agree with my point.

That has nothing to do with White privilege and everything to do with trying to twist an argument.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 08 Jan 18 9.12pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Ray in Houston


If I seem insulting, it's because I find your position on this (and other subjects) contemptible.

What's insulting (apart from you capitlising "White" for some reason), is that you seem to think that because others have more privilege than you, that you are somehow not privileged.

[Link]

You obviously consider yourself superior. Good luck with that.
Privilege is a relative term. In Britain, I have enjoyed very little privileged and certainly a lot less than some. I don't complain or blame rich people or anyone else. Only losers blame every one else except themselves.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (08 Jan 2018 9.13pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 08 Jan 18 9.16pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

You obviously consider yourself superior. Good luck with that.
Privilege is a relative term. In Britain, I have enjoyed very little privileged and certainly a lot less than some. I don't complain or blame rich people or anyone else. Only losers blame every one else except themselves.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (08 Jan 2018 9.13pm)

Well said. So, for example, it was outrageous that the Jews complained about the National Socialists taking their jobs and homes away. Blooming wimps.

How much evidence do you need that - with a few notable exceptions - people from ethnic minorities have historically found it to not be a level playing field in life? It's out there is you care to open your eyes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 08 Jan 18 9.21pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

You obviously consider yourself superior. Good luck with that.
Privilege is a relative term. In Britain, I have enjoyed very little privileged and certainly a lot less than some. I don't complain or blame rich people or anyone else. Only losers blame every one else except themselves.


I consider myself blessed (in an areligious way, naturally), with being born to hard-working parents who toiled to give me the best start in life they could. I hope I have honored their sacrifice by making a good fist of my life.

But despite my more humble than many but not as humble as some background, I still recognize that there were/are inherent advantages that I have enjoyed, two of the larger ones being that I'm male and white. I do not apologise for this - it's none of my doing, after all - but to deny that those things haven't helped is ridiculous.

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 08 Jan 18 9.25pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Well said. So, for example, it was outrageous that the Jews complained about the National Socialists taking their jobs and homes away. Blooming wimps.

How much evidence do you need that - with a few notable exceptions - people from ethnic minorities have historically found it to not be a level playing field in life? It's out there is you care to open your eyes.

Please don't compare this to Nazi Germany. That is not an intellectual argument.
Of course, people of all races have been opressed and experienced prejudice. How many people in Britain in 2018 are not equal?
What has this all to do with a Monkey TShirt?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 08 Jan 18 9.26pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Ray in Houston

I do not apologise for this - it's none of my doing, after all.

Oh for crying out loud.

You know what Ray....it's alright to be white.

You can give it all away you know.....instead of pushing guilt for skin colour.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 08 Jan 18 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Well said. So, for example, it was outrageous that the Jews complained about the National Socialists taking their jobs and homes away. Blooming wimps.

How much evidence do you need that - with a few notable exceptions - people from ethnic minorities have historically found it to not be a level playing field in life? It's out there is you care to open your eyes.

You are going to compare ethic minorities today to Jews in Nazi Germany? Blimey.

'with a few notable exceptions'? If the reason is racism then the....'few notable exceptions' doesn't work.

So why are Asians the highest earning racial group?

Edited by Stirlingsays (08 Jan 2018 9.29pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 08 Jan 18 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Oh for crying out loud.

You know what Ray....it's alright to be white.

You can give it all away you know.....instead of pushing guilt for skin colour.


This is exactly what I said in the snippet you culled from my post. You might want to try reading again the bit you snipped - or reading again what you wrote - because you are railing against yourself here.

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 08 Jan 18 9.29pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Ray in Houston


This is exactly what I said in the snippet you culled from my post. You might want to try reading again the bit you snipped - or reading again what you wrote - because you are railing against yourself here.

Only in your delusion I am.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > H&M hoodie