You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan
December 12 2018 2.43am

Sadiq Khan

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 12 Nov 18 1.53pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I did and I posted a link that, at a quick glance, didn't say it was making money back in March.

I couldn't find anything more up to date so I asked how come

In any case, if you make an assertion surely you have the data to support it, a matter of moments I would think.

So what did I miss?

The article says: "The transport body could decide to scrap the Emirates cable car across the Thames, which opened in June 2012 in time for the Olympics, although it is marginally profitable."

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 12 Nov 18 1.53pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

My apologies Penge

I just saw it says 'marginally profitable'

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, how does that happen? I am guessing this is some imaginative financial engineering but, in any case, your point is made.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Nov 18 1.56pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Livingstone bought TfL back under public control and upgraded the buses getting a huge number of people using them again. Also, was successful in supporting the London 2012 bid.

Johnson made huge improvements to cycling in the capital, and was successful in supporting the delivery of the London 2012 games.

Khan's promise to freeze fares has left a 700m shortfall in TfL's budget. All infrastructure schemes apart from Crossrail are on hold. Crossrail is late and hugely over budget suggesting the shortfall will continue for longer. He said he would increase targeted stop and search. Actual stop and Search is lower than ever, more people are getting killed than ever.

He also got in a pointless twitter spat with the president of america.

I recall a journalist claiming that Khan has not even visited any of the victims of knife crime. Now some of them maybe gang members but there have been a number of high profile innocents. So not only is Khan not doing anything about violent crime he is not even "seen" to be doing anything (Of course holding the hand of a bereaved mother doesn't solve the problem).

As I said in my earlier post I think getting the job was his achievement he doesn't seem to know what to do now it is his.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Nov 18 2.04pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

My apologies Penge

I just saw it says 'marginally profitable'

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, how does that happen? I am guessing this is some imaginative financial engineering but, in any case, your point is made.

But my point is it might be marginally profitable now, but is stil a white elephant regarding the 60 million plus it cost and the loss making up to now, and i might as well throw in the west ham stadium fiasco on boris to, forgot that one, but anyhow, like i said, theyre both useless egotistical money wasting overpaid useless cnuts and i would scrap the post like a previous poster said!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Nov 18 2.12pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

But my point is it might be marginally profitable now, but is stil a white elephant regarding the 60 million plus it cost and the loss making up to now, and i might as well throw in the west ham stadium fiasco on boris to, forgot that one, but anyhow, like i said, theyre both useless egotistical money wasting overpaid useless cnuts and i would scrap the post like a previous poster said!

The cable car and the garden bridge are both good ideas with one flaw. They are not really going anywhere where there is a public need. In different places both could have been brilliant.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Nov 18 2.15pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

The cable car and the garden bridge are both good ideas with one flaw. They are not really going anywhere where there is a public need. In different places both could have been brilliant.

I rest my case badger, i rest my case!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 12 Nov 18 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I rest my case badger, i rest my case!

A bit like Transgender Bathrooms. Ok a few but a waste of time for 99% of us

 


[Link]
Give us a like & Follow

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 12 Nov 18 2.18pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Livingstone bought TfL back under public control and upgraded the buses getting a huge number of people using them again. Also, was successful in supporting the London 2012 bid.

Johnson made huge improvements to cycling in the capital, and was successful in supporting the delivery of the London 2012 games.

Khan's promise to freeze fares has left a 700m shortfall in TfL's budget. All infrastructure schemes apart from Crossrail are on hold. Crossrail is late and hugely over budget suggesting the shortfall will continue for longer. He said he would increase targeted stop and search. Actual stop and Search is lower than ever, more people are getting killed than ever.

He also got in a pointless twitter spat with the president of america.

Giving free travel to under 16s and over 60s might have helped with this, rather than upgrading the buses.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the despotic banana's Profile the despotic banana Flag Dept. of Baboon Maintenance 12 Nov 18 2.28pm Send a Private Message to the despotic banana Add the despotic banana as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

The cable car and the garden bridge are both good ideas with one flaw. They are not really going anywhere where there is a public need. In different places both could have been brilliant.

good ideas with one flaw. They are not really going anywhere where there is a public need.

Ha! I've also got a good idea with one flaw: a soluble boat.

 


Ask me about Ronald de Boer.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 12 Nov 18 2.28pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Stuk

Giving free travel to under 16s and over 60s might have helped with this, rather than upgrading the buses.

It was mainly introducing the technology improvements - live departure times, announcements of stops, oyster cards. Gone are the days of guessing when the next bus will come or guessing where to get off. No need to worry about having the right change.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 12 Nov 18 2.34pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

But my point is it might be marginally profitable now, but is stil a white elephant regarding the 60 million plus it cost and the loss making up to now, and i might as well throw in the west ham stadium fiasco on boris to, forgot that one, but anyhow, like i said, theyre both useless egotistical money wasting overpaid useless cnuts and i would scrap the post like a previous poster said!

I agree with you that the West Ham stadium fiasco was a total disgrace. They only had to look at how Man City did it with the Commonwealth Games venue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 12 Nov 18 2.50pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

It was mainly introducing the technology improvements - live departure times, announcements of stops, oyster cards. Gone are the days of guessing when the next bus will come or guessing where to get off. No need to worry about having the right change.

I'm fairly sure the free factor was bigger influence in increased passenger numbers than those.

I never had a problem with asking the driver to shout me when I was at a destination, if I didn't know it.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan