You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan
December 11 2018 1.16pm

Sadiq Khan

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Mr Palaceman's Profile Mr Palaceman Flag 12 Nov 18 2.55pm Send a Private Message to Mr Palaceman Add Mr Palaceman as a friend

Originally posted by the despotic banana

good ideas with one flaw. They are not really going anywhere where there is a public need.

Ha! I've also got a good idea with one flaw: a soluble boat.

This is why I love the HOL, practical solutions to practical problems.

Where do I send my cheque. Are you crowd funding?

 


"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"

Stan Laurel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mr Palaceman's Profile Mr Palaceman Flag 12 Nov 18 3.35pm Send a Private Message to Mr Palaceman Add Mr Palaceman as a friend

Reading through the post, I can't see him getting re-elected.

I'm glad I posted this thread as I genuinely wanted to know what he has done. I thought there's bound to be someone who would stand up for him, maybe a labour supporter but not one. There's still time.

Interesting about the 700 million, black hole in TFL finance, I didn't know that, although I find in hard to accept that the only reason for this is a fares freeze. The rate that fares have been going up over the last 25 years has been scandalous. We have one of the worst services in Europe and the highest fares, so I'm lead to believe. I travel a lot and do notice that the standard of public transport is much better in Europe and the fares lower. How do they do it?

I do think London needs a Mayor. A good mayor can have a very positive impact on a city, I just feel that we have the post but no one in it.

I definitely agree that he appears to be a self serving individual.

I may have run next time.

What do Hol'ers want to see in my manifesto. I am here for you, Let's make London Great again, Yes we can. I want a London that works for everyone not the few, we are a big society, it's time for change.

 


"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"

Stan Laurel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 12 Nov 18 4.25pm Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

I think an independent candidate could become the next Mayor. People are sick of politicians and if the Mayor is Labour and the government is Tory it is impossible to get the funding for any real policies.

The black hole in the TFL budget, I believe, is caused due to money from central government being cut. Prices are already ridiculously high so something needs to give.

Despite his faults (both real and imagined) Ken was the only Mayor who had actually cared about London, the others have used the office as a potential stepping stone. Boris though it ok to do the job part time.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 12 Nov 18 4.26pm Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

PS; VOTE FOR MR PALACEMAN. You know it makes sense.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Nov 18 4.33pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

It doesn't matter how bad Khan is....and he's pretty awful....he's getting reelected. The only chance of change is if the Tories or whoever field a famous BAME candidate to challenge him.

Learning about the history of Detroit taught me this......It's obviously a known fact within political circles and it's why Labour always put BAME candidates in areas with high minority representation.

It's no accident, it's human nature.

Demographics are destiny.


Edited by Stirlingsays (12 Nov 2018 4.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the despotic banana's Profile the despotic banana Flag Dept. of Baboon Maintenance 12 Nov 18 4.57pm Send a Private Message to the despotic banana Add the despotic banana as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

It's obviously a known fact within political circles and it's why Labour always put BAME candidates in areas with high minority representation.


Edited by Stirlingsays (12 Nov 2018 4.52pm)

Some mishtake, surely? Ken Livingstone was barmy not BAME.

 


Ask me about Ronald de Boer.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Nov 18 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by the despotic banana

Some mishtake, surely? Ken Livingstone was barmy not BAME.


Good one.....In London I think Livingstone was around the tipping point time....Johnson beat him.....But I couldn't see something like happening against Khan.....Not now....I think the demographics have reached that point.

Identity politics isn't nice....it goes against the nature of European sensibilities.....it's why Europeans are the only group who will vote in reasonable numbers against it.

But it's an unfortunate reality....It's not a lie....it's human nature.

Edited by Stirlingsays (12 Nov 2018 5.04pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the despotic banana's Profile the despotic banana Flag Dept. of Baboon Maintenance 12 Nov 18 5.30pm Send a Private Message to the despotic banana Add the despotic banana as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Identity politics isn't nice...

Edited by Stirlingsays (12 Nov 2018 5.04pm)

Or effective, if the Conservatives' clumsy attempts at racially profiling people with 'Indian sounding names' for Zac Goldsmith's mayoral campaign is any measure.

 


Ask me about Ronald de Boer.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Nov 18 5.38pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Mr Palaceman

Reading through the post, I can't see him getting re-elected.

I'm glad I posted this thread as I genuinely wanted to know what he has done. I thought there's bound to be someone who would stand up for him, maybe a labour supporter but not one. There's still time.

Interesting about the 700 million, black hole in TFL finance, I didn't know that, although I find in hard to accept that the only reason for this is a fares freeze. The rate that fares have been going up over the last 25 years has been scandalous. We have one of the worst services in Europe and the highest fares, so I'm lead to believe. I travel a lot and do notice that the standard of public transport is much better in Europe and the fares lower. How do they do it?

I do think London needs a Mayor. A good mayor can have a very positive impact on a city, I just feel that we have the post but no one in it.

I definitely agree that he appears to be a self serving individual.

I may have run next time.

What do Hol'ers want to see in my manifesto. I am here for you, Let's make London Great again, Yes we can. I want a London that works for everyone not the few, we are a big society, it's time for change.

It's true that fares are cheaper in Europe because the governments choose to subside public transport more. It's purely a political decision, who pays?

If I travel to London once every 2-3 months why should I subside through taxes someone who goes more regularly? Shouldn't the user pay? Or public transport should be cheap to take the pressure of the roads and help working people on low incomes keep more of their money. Take your pick.

On the point about better quality. In fairness to this country we have far more rail services across the country than many of our European neighbours. No doubt transport links in the major cities are good but outside of that I think we hold are own.

Edited by Badger11 (12 Nov 2018 5.41pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Nov 18 6.07pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by the despotic banana

Or effective, if the Conservatives' clumsy attempts at racially profiling people with 'Indian sounding names' for Zac Goldsmith's mayoral campaign is any measure.


Oh identity politics is very effective, it just depends upon the group it's being aimed at.

At the moment Europeans are the least identitarian. Most people just live their lives and don't think about this stuff. I was one of them....and not knowing this stuff was nicer.

However, it's going to become increasingly obvious as we go forward and more and more people will come to understand.....that the people who weren't meant to be representing them.....were really only representing themselves and they always took the politically expedient choice over the long term one.

Then you have your idealogs.....who are doing it deliberately and just want to flip their societies.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 12 Nov 18 6.10pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mr Palaceman

I may have run next time.

What do Hol'ers want to see in my manifesto. I am here for you, Let's make London Great again, Yes we can. I want a London that works for everyone not the few, we are a big society, it's time for change.


You're a Palace fan.....So I'd probably vote for you regardless of your politics....I mean you could hardly feck up London worst than this clown.

I suggest for free bus passes to all Palace Holers!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Nov 18 6.17pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


You're a Palace fan.....So I'd probably vote for you regardless of your politics....I mean you could hardly feck up London worst than this clown.

I suggest for free bus passes to all Palace Holers!

Free hair transplants and gastric bands for men of a certain age, oh alright then just me.

And before anyone says it I am not responsible for the dearth of pies at the game.

Edited by Badger11 (12 Nov 2018 6.18pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan