You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Oxbridge here we come!
April 26 2019 5.17am

Oxbridge here we come!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 8 First< 4 5 6 7 8

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 23 Jan 19 9.16pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

Agreed but it's hard to tell how people will turn out when they're still children and the IQ of their parents isn't going to offer any clues.

I've known some utterly reprehensible Jews. And some very wonderful ones.

The IQ of parents is very much an indication, above the average, of the IQ of their children.

Of course parents will have variations in both directions.....But the children of two members of Mensa has a far higher chance of being intelligent than the children of two low IQ individuals.

That's just a reality of nature.

I will add that any individual's genetics is not their fault nor their achievement as they had no choice either way.......And I've always strongly believed that society should look to have worthwhile roles for everybody....not just those who won the genetic 'parent' or luck lottery by birth.


Edited by Stirlingsays (23 Jan 2019 11.15pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
steve1984 23 Jan 19 10.49pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The IQ of parents is very much an indication, above the average, of the IQ of their children.

I meant it gives no indication of virtue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View .TUX.'s Profile .TUX. Flag 23 Jan 19 11.08pm Send a Private Message to .TUX. Add .TUX. as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

Agreed but it's hard to tell how people will turn out when they're still children and the IQ of their parents isn't going to offer any clues.

I've known some utterly reprehensible Jews. And some very wonderful ones.

But to be play devil's advocate for a minute I might argue that too many intelligent b******s is equally bad.

Edited by steve1984 (23 Jan 2019 9.12pm)

Those disproportionately heading the Federal Reserve for how many years now i guess?
We finally agree on something.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 23 Jan 19 11.13pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

I meant it gives no indication of virtue.


No argument there.

....though I feel that the word virtue has been a little sullied in modern times....personally I prefer the word conscientious.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
steve1984 23 Jan 19 11.53pm

Originally posted by .TUX.

Those disproportionately heading the Federal Reserve for how many years now i guess?
We finally agree on something.

No I've never met them. I meant some other ones.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
steve1984 23 Jan 19 11.55pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


No argument there.

....though I feel that the word virtue has been a little sullied in modern times....personally I prefer the word conscientious.

It's entirely possible to be a b****** conscientiously. I'll stick with virtuous.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 24 Jan 19 6.28am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

Thanks for that insight, which given the complete absence of evidence says so much more about you than it does about a whole load of people that none of us have ever met.

There is more chance of me being correct about my assumption than your theory about me.
Maybe it says that i say as i see and not sit on the fence flipping and flapping.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
steve1984 24 Jan 19 12.58pm

Except that your assumption wasn't based on any evidence whilst my statement about you was based on the evidence provided by your assumption.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 24 Jan 19 5.44pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

Except that your assumption wasn't based on any evidence whilst my statement about you was based on the evidence provided by your assumption

Ah but do you think with our politically correct environment that those figures would be available?
No i dont think so either; so my assumption is probably correct due to a lack of evidence to dispute it.
Cased closed sir.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
steve1984 24 Jan 19 6.00pm

Actually the way a civilised society works is that you support a position by pointing to evidence. That way other people can look at your argument and judge its value.

If you want speculate then that's a different matter. Then we can just ignore you.

It's a bit like the legal principle of presumed innocence until proven guilty.

Otherwise you just end up with everyone running around making unsubstantiated accusations against people they don't like and anarchy ensues.

So whilst you might like to think that the case is closed I can assure you that you're entirely wrong.

Sorry about that.

Edited by steve1984 (24 Jan 2019 6.07pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 24 Jan 19 8.18pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steve1984

Actually the way a civilised society works is that you support a position by pointing to evidence. That way other people can look at your argument and judge its value.

If you want speculate then that's a different matter. Then we can just ignore you.

It's a bit like the legal principle of presumed innocence until proven guilty.

Otherwise you just end up with everyone running around making unsubstantiated accusations against people they don't like and anarchy ensues.

So whilst you might like to think that the case is closed I can assure you that you're entirely wrong.

Sorry about that.

Edited by steve1984 (24 Jan 2019 6.07pm)

I dont dislike you steve.
Far from it. I dont even know you but as a fellow eagles fan we at least share the same element of pain and hope.
My knowledge admittedly is far outwayed by yours judging by your post with Stirling and hrolf and the like but everyday i learn.
Going forwards i will not alter how i write or think.
I wouldnt mind evidence from you on these kids legitimacy against others though to go to oxbridge.

Also the last time i ignored someone was way back at school. You are too learned to stoop so low.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag Wisbech, England 24 Jan 19 8.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I dont dislike you steve.
Far from it. I dont even know you but as a fellow eagles fan we at least share the same element of pain and hope.
My knowledge admittedly is far outwayed by yours judging by your post with Stirling and hrolf and the like but everyday i learn.
Going forwards i will not alter how i write or think.
I wouldnt mind evidence from you on these kids legitimacy against others though to go to oxbridge.

Also the last time i ignored someone was way back at school. You are too learned to stoop so low.

We don't know of course but I think you are right to be suspicious.

Within the political left and current so called 'right' the attitude towards affirmative action is warm.
In terms of our public educational institutions they are pushing against an open door....as its leadership is practically dominated by the progressive left. Unlike the right before them who promoted them and allowed them in....they only promote in their own image.

As I say, I don't know if this is an example of it or not but don't be fooled....they are doing it already with how they allocate funding.

Edited by Stirlingsays (24 Jan 2019 9.01pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 8 First< 4 5 6 7 8

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Oxbridge here we come!