You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The immigration thread
September 17 2019 3.47pm

The immigration thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 27 of 34 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

 

Park Road Flag 16 Apr 19 11.04am

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I wouldn't be proud to say it but it isn't racist and that's what is being discussed.

Why wouldn't you be proud to say it?
It originated from white kids emulating their black brothers.
Lauren Aitken and many other black Jamaican artists loved them and the skinheads loved their music back.
You're right in saying it isn't racist, but I'm confused on why you would not be proud.
Maybe, your sub culture history is not all there, or maybe its reggae and ska you don't approve of

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 16 Apr 19 11.49am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

There is nothing at all "anti-white" in my comment and for you to see some smacks of closet racism, something that many who show it are in complete denial about.

No-one should have any problem with being proud of their heritage but being proud of it because of their skin colour demands further investigation. Those with black skins currently have a valid positive historical reasons to refer to it. Those with white skins have no valid reasons at all. If they claimed to be "British and proud" or "South London and proud" there would be no issue, but using the term "white"in this context is racist. Whether you can see it seems in doubt.

It won't be me who determines when it is acceptable. It is only when the use of both terms fade into disuse that that will happen.

So for you it isn't 'racist' to say, 'black and proud'.

But it is 'racist' to say, 'white and proud'.

Historical claims either way are besides the point. I would never say to a black person you can't be proud of being black and shouldn't say it because of reason A from historical period B. They can choose whatever reason they like and there are plenty of different 'takes' on it.

You on the other hand appear to be demonising white people because of your selective view of history.....Yet you start your post claiming your aren't 'anti white'.

You said you were a traditional conservative Wisbech. Tell me, which Conservative in history ever held these views about white people?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Pussay Patrol Flag 16 Apr 19 12.24pm

I suppose at the end of the day it's not illegal to be an idiot

Maybe that answers some of the questions?

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 16 Apr 19 12.30pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

I suppose at the end of the day it's not illegal to be an idiot

Maybe that answers some of the questions?

Just when Titania McGrath’s run was meant to be at an end.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 16 Apr 19 12.54pm

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

I suppose at the end of the day it's not illegal to be an idiot

Maybe that answers some of the questions?

Certain explains why you're not doing a whole life tariff!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 16 Apr 19 1.48pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Park Road

Why wouldn't you be proud to say it?
It originated from white kids emulating their black brothers.
Lauren Aitken and many other black Jamaican artists loved them and the skinheads loved their music back.
You're right in saying it isn't racist, but I'm confused on why you would not be proud.
Maybe, your sub culture history is not all there, or maybe its reggae and ska you don't approve of

I wouldn't be proud to say it because I was never one for tribal groups and saw the skinhead cult as just another version of the mods and rockers phenomenon of my own youth, which I also avoided. So long though as it does no harm I have no real issue with it, although some who belonged did not appear to be very attractive characters to me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 16 Apr 19 1.58pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

So for you it isn't 'racist' to say, 'black and proud'.

But it is 'racist' to say, 'white and proud'.

Historical claims either way are besides the point. I would never say to a black person you can't be proud of being black and shouldn't say it because of reason A from historical period B. They can choose whatever reason they like and there are plenty of different 'takes' on it.

You on the other hand appear to be demonising white people because of your selective view of history.....Yet you start your post claiming your aren't 'anti white'.

You said you were a traditional conservative Wisbech. Tell me, which Conservative in history ever held these views about white people?

As I have already said it all depends on context. That you either refuse to see the logic of that or are in denial that it matters is not my responsibility. Racists rarely acknowledge their racism but that doesn't mean they don't hold racist attitudes.

I am not "anti white" anymore than I am "anti-black"! I am anti racism by those hiding behind a cloak of lies.

I am a traditional One Nation Conservative. Others who would claim to also be on the same wing of the party hold views on this subject which are unknown to me but I would wager are much closer to mine than yours.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 16 Apr 19 2.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

As I have already said it all depends on context. That you either refuse to see the logic of that or are in denial that it matters is not my responsibility. Racists rarely acknowledge their racism but that doesn't mean they don't hold racist attitudes.

I am not "anti white" anymore than I am "anti-black"! I am anti racism by those hiding behind a cloak of lies.

I am a traditional One Nation Conservative. Others who would claim to also be on the same wing of the party hold views on this subject which are unknown to me but I would wager are much closer to mine than yours.

Well essentially you are on here stating that it's fine for black people to state 'black and proud' but there are 'racist attitudes' around saying 'white and proud'.

I'm ok for others to conclude as to where the 'racism' is there. The previous posts are there to read. I defend your right to hold hypocritical views on race if you want to....you certainly aren't alone. But you are rightly open to criticism for these views from the right....well, I know some on the left who wouldn't like them as well.

I asked you to tell me which Conservative in history has publicly stated your views on white people here. You failed to provide one.

I certainly can't think of one and that's even amongst the ridiculous collection we have at the moment.

Edited by Stirlingsays (16 Apr 2019 2.15pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View elgrande's Profile elgrande Flag bedford 16 Apr 19 2.09pm Send a Private Message to elgrande Add elgrande as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I wouldn't be proud to say it but it isn't racist and that's what is being discussed.

Why wouldn't you be proud to say it.
I was in my youth in west norwood and we had as many black skinheads as white.
But because we were not "racist " they were just mates.
It was taken over by racists,we loved the music and the fashion.

 


always a Norwood boy, where ever I live.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Pussay Patrol Flag 16 Apr 19 4.47pm

Racism is born out of ignorance and immaturity, both attributes being displayed on this thread

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 16 Apr 19 4.59pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Pussay Patrol

Racism is born out of ignorance and immaturity, both attributes being displayed on this thread


Yawn. Ok then. Let's discuss immigration from Poland ?

Personal opinion : language and religion matter.

Far happier to see immigrants from : Australia, ireland, new Zealand, USA, Zimbabwe, afrikaaners, Canada etc... especially if those family roots mirror ours.

Nothing to do with race .... but everybody else can join the back of the queue , especially those groups who hate us and always cause trouble or always scrounging.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 16 Apr 19 5.03pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It seems to me that you are proposing an equivalence that is incorrect. These terms are used for different reasons because of different circumstances.

It is because of racism that "Black and proud" has grown as a means for people of colour to establish respect and gain dignity when in the past they were considered as lesser beings by those with white skins.

It is because of racist attitudes that "White and proud", as used by particular groups of white skinned people, has been tainted with sinister attributes.

If the day ever arrives when both terms mean the same to everyone then I for one will be very happy that racism has been eliminated throughout society. Right now there is no equivalence. As with so many things context is everything and to ignore it is misleading or even possibly dangerously disingenuous.

I know exactly why you believe this but your attitude has very short term credibility which is quickly running out.

We all know about recent Black history in the West but the idea that one group has to retain guilt for this history and be deprived of racial pride while everyone else can freely express it is bonkers.

It is as racist as you can get.

Slavery and subsequent persecution of Black people was a symptom of the prevailing circumstances. It was a consequence of human behaviour that has probably existed since there have been humans. It was a tiny blip in the grand scheme of history.

If you think that one particular demographic should feel an endless responsibility for that and have to hang their heads till the end of time, then you are a lunatic.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (16 Apr 2019 5.05pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 27 of 34 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The immigration thread