You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
June 1 2020 3.56pm

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 147 of 150 < 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 09 Apr 20 11.11am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Sorloth was picked as a starter in his first 4 games for the club.
The following season all his 12 PL appearances were from the bench with 7 of those in the last 15 minutes.

He got off to a good start in Turkey.In his first game in the Europa League he came off the bench and scored, in his next game he started and scored in the Europa League and in his next game he started again and scored in the Turkish League.
Such a sequence encourages a manager to keep starting a player.
Had he scored in his first 3 games for us, his career might have taken a different path.

Edited by Willo (03 Apr 2020 8.38pm)

Games he started where Everton away (1-3), Spurs Home (0-1), Man United (2-3), Chelsea (1-2).

We were 2-0 up against Man U but didnt make any subs in the entire game. He scored against Chelsea but was dissallowed. It was suprising that he didn't get another look in after that. It wasn't like anyone else was scoring.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 09 Apr 20 1.03pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

The only point being proven is your irrational blaming of Hodgson for anything and everything.

It must grate on you that at the time the season was suspended Palace were in such a healthy position in the league and that Hodgson had another year's contract extension.

The only downside of that is that it means another year of your bitch whining

How about HDS - Hodgson Derangement Syndrome. You sound like Sean Hannity talking about Trump.

I blame Hodgson for anything and everything? What on earth are you going on about? I blame Hodgson for the things I mentioned in my post. If you think the way the likes of Meyer, Camarasa and Sorloth were introduced to the first team gave them a good chance to succeed and build confidence at this football club, then I have a time share to sell you in Lanzarote.

If you dont want to see any "bitch whining" (gonna steal that one) you may wish to stay off the thread called "moaning about parish/hodgson/freedman".

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 09 Apr 20 1.04pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Sorloth was picked as a starter in his first 4 games for the club.
The following season all his 12 PL appearances were from the bench with 7 of those in the last 15 minutes.

He got off to a good start in Turkey.In his first game in the Europa League he came off the bench and scored, in his next game he started and scored in the Europa League and in his next game he started again and scored in the Turkish League.
Such a sequence encourages a manager to keep starting a player.
Had he scored in his first 3 games for us, his career might have taken a different path.

Edited by Willo (03 Apr 2020 8.38pm)

Aaaah Statto. How I have missed you and your endless stats and statistics.

If you believe Alex Sorloth was given a fair shake at this club, and given a chance to show the level of talent he clearly has (Real Madrid anyone) then fair play to you.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Apr 20 1.45pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Aaaah Statto. How I have missed you and your endless stats and statistics.

If you believe Alex Sorloth was given a fair shake at this club, and given a chance to show the level of talent he clearly has (Real Madrid anyone) then fair play to you.


On the (very) off chance he goes to Real Madrid it'll be interesting to see their fans reaction. Hazard, Bale, Benzema....Sorloth?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 09 Apr 20 4.49pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

How about HDS - Hodgson Derangement Syndrome. You sound like Sean Hannity talking about Trump.

I blame Hodgson for anything and everything? What on earth are you going on about? I blame Hodgson for the things I mentioned in my post. If you think the way the likes of Meyer, Camarasa and Sorloth were introduced to the first team gave them a good chance to succeed and build confidence at this football club, then I have a time share to sell you in Lanzarote.

If you dont want to see any "bitch whining" (gonna steal that one) you may wish to stay off the thread called "moaning about parish/hodgson/freedman".

Thanks for the suggestion re staying off this thread and I did say earlier in it that I would but lockdown boredom got the better of me.

Now, I don’t think that Hodgson is the Messiah, but he’s not the naughty boy you are making him out to be.

The debate about Meyer has been done to death. Camarasa was a strange one I grant you. Sorloth I saw play live a number of times and I can tell you now he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and way out of his depth .

But to return, as we frequently have to do, to your bitch whining , so what has Hodgson ever done for us ? Well he has ;

Taken the club to 39 points this season
Worked with a minimal budget since taking over
Kept Palace up after 0 wins and 0 goals in the opening 6 games 2 years ago
Has the confidence of the squad - I never see any complaints from the players in the press about him or his methods
brought some much needed stability to the club

Nobody gets it right every time all the time but you seem to be keener on blaming than giving any credit.

Ultimately neither of us are going to shift our position on this subject so from that point of view I guess we are both wasting our time.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 10 Apr 20 4.19pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Thanks for the suggestion re staying off this thread and I did say earlier in it that I would but lockdown boredom got the better of me.

Now, I don’t think that Hodgson is the Messiah, but he’s not the naughty boy you are making him out to be.

The debate about Meyer has been done to death. Camarasa was a strange one I grant you. Sorloth I saw play live a number of times and I can tell you now he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and way out of his depth .

But to return, as we frequently have to do, to your bitch whining , so what has Hodgson ever done for us ? Well he has ;

Taken the club to 39 points this season
Worked with a minimal budget since taking over
Kept Palace up after 0 wins and 0 goals in the opening 6 games 2 years ago
Has the confidence of the squad - I never see any complaints from the players in the press about him or his methods
brought some much needed stability to the club

Nobody gets it right every time all the time but you seem to be keener on blaming than giving any credit.

Ultimately neither of us are going to shift our position on this subject so from that point of view I guess we are both wasting our time.

Why do you think I'm here, old timer.

Anyway Hodgson is what he is, you know what you are gonna get. You will never ever convince me that this collection of players could be doing better than the turgid brand of football we are so often treated to (that would be just fine right now though eh!).

He will keep us up year after year.

I am glad you dont think RH is the messiah, as thats the message I took from your earlier post where you said "I blame him for everything" or whatever it was.

Harry Kane on corners is all I need to say to someone who thinks RH is the messiah.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 10 Apr 20 6.16pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

From an interview he gave.

Hodgson said: “Harry wasn’t scoring goals, he had only one all season at the time. So you want the best deliverer of the ball taking corners because we thought we had a few other players who were good at attacking the ball in the area.

“Had we had someone else on corners and Harry in the middle, it wouldn’t have made one ha’p’orth of difference to our results.

‘There wasn’t a lot of criticism at the time, we weren’t playing too badly. We thought he might be the trump card before the Championships – and he has certainly done it since – but there has to be something to talk about hasn’t there.”

It was Hodgson who first capped Kane.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 10 Apr 20 7.12pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Sørloth was pure gash for us, total and utter s***e. I will not hear a word said otherwise.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 10 Apr 20 10.02pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

From an interview he gave.

Hodgson said: “Harry wasn’t scoring goals, he had only one all season at the time. So you want the best deliverer of the ball taking corners because we thought we had a few other players who were good at attacking the ball in the area.

“Had we had someone else on corners and Harry in the middle, it wouldn’t have made one ha’p’orth of difference to our results.

‘There wasn’t a lot of criticism at the time, we weren’t playing too badly. We thought he might be the trump card before the Championships – and he has certainly done it since – but there has to be something to talk about hasn’t there.”

It was Hodgson who first capped Kane.

The guy who built the Titanic once said:

"this boat is s*** hot, and aint gonna get sunk by no stinking ice berg".

Harry Kane taking corners is a dips*** move at best, sabotage at worst.

Please refrain from attempting to justify making Harry Kane take corners, it was f&cking bonkers.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 10 Apr 20 10.04pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

Sørloth was pure gash for us, total and utter s***e. I will not hear a word said otherwise.

Yes, but hes not an utter s***e and gash player is he. He has proved that in Turkey and Real Madrid are sniffing around.

Hmmmm what does that tell you? He didnt realize his potential at Palace. Whose job is it to ensure all players excel and realize their potential at our football club?

He was given a hand full of starts in tough games then discarded to the bench and given 10 mins here and there. There is no way on earth that constitutes having a proper look at a foreign striker.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 10 Apr 20 10.14pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

The guy who built the Titanic once said:

"this boat is s*** hot, and aint gonna get sunk by no stinking ice berg".

Harry Kane taking corners is a dips*** move at best, sabotage at worst.

Please refrain from attempting to justify making Harry Kane take corners, it was f&cking bonkers.

It’s not my justification- it’s the man responsible for the decision and he knows more about football than I do.
Just out of interest why would he try to sabotage his team?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Apr 20 11.02pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

From an interview he gave.

Hodgson said: “Harry wasn’t scoring goals, he had only one all season at the time. So you want the best deliverer of the ball taking corners because we thought we had a few other players who were good at attacking the ball in the area.

“Had we had someone else on corners and Harry in the middle, it wouldn’t have made one ha’p’orth of difference to our results.

‘There wasn’t a lot of criticism at the time, we weren’t playing too badly. We thought he might be the trump card before the Championships – and he has certainly done it since – but there has to be something to talk about hasn’t there.”

It was Hodgson who first capped Kane.

I understand his reasoning entirely.
Good delivery from a corner is very important.
If you have players who are good at attacking the ball at corners you need good delivery so that these players are a real-threat in the opposition box.

Edited by Willo (10 Apr 2020 11.02pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 147 of 150 < 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread