You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Continued mass shootings in America
July 12 2020 1.47am

Continued mass shootings in America

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 19 of 26 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

 

View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 07 Aug 19 4.15pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You just don't get it do you?

Just as we don't carry the responsibility for our forefathers owning slaves because we have moved on in our way of thinking so will the future generations of immigrants, so long as we manage the situation correctly.

Going to British schools, watching British TV and being involved in British culture will ensure that. It's the schooling though that is the key. In the internet age if we allow a situation in which children grow up entirely surrounded by another culture nothing will change.

You donít get it either.
Weíre dealing with a group of people who not only donít want to be part of British culture but will actively resist the proposal. The Asst Police Commissioner has said that British Muslims, and others, should not be forced to assimilate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 Aug 19 7.42pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

You donít get it either.
Weíre dealing with a group of people who not only donít want to be part of British culture but will actively resist the proposal. The Asst Police Commissioner has said that British Muslims, and others, should not be forced to assimilate.

Let me try to help you get it.

The "group of people" you refer to will, over time, become another group of people. They will become second and third generation children of immigrants, who have been brought up surrounded by British culture and, so long as we don't isolate them, by British people too. That changes people. You can already see it with some of the youngsters kicking back against the authoritarian control of their parents. We need to slowly draw them into the mainstream.It's happened before and there is no valid reason why it cannot again. It just takes effort and patience.

I agree though with the Commissioner. Some folk are set in their ways and will not change so it would be counter productive to try to force them. We must not allow radical groups to claim martyrdom and recruit the young to their cause. That, by the way, is the biggest danger of the "Robinson" approach to this issue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 07 Aug 19 7.50pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Let me try to help you get it.

The "group of people" you refer to will, over time, become another group of people. They will become second and third generation children of immigrants, who have been brought up surrounded by British culture and, so long as we don't isolate them, by British people too. That changes people. You can already see it with some of the youngsters kicking back against the authoritarian control of their parents. We need to slowly draw them into the mainstream.It's happened before and there is no valid reason why it cannot again. It just takes effort and patience.

I agree though with the Commissioner. Some folk are set in their ways and will not change so it would be counter productive to try to force them. We must not allow radical groups to claim martyrdom and recruit the young to their cause. That, by the way, is the biggest danger of the "Robinson" approach to this issue.

So your solution is to wait 50 years and the situation will resolve itself.
In the meanwhile what happens with new arrivals? The process starts again and so will never end.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 07 Aug 19 8.02pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Lovely stuff when the fellow person who doesnít leave his bedroom quotes his hero PJW and then has the temerity to call someone else senile.


Bless.

Maybe you should ask old Steptoe for a cheap room and a reacharound.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 07 Aug 19 8.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

So your solution is to wait 50 years and the situation will resolve itself.
In the meanwhile what happens with new arrivals? The process starts again and so will never end.

Yeah, it's not as though we haven't already had much more than fifty years of significant immigration already compared to before.....to lead us to this downgrade with higher crime, much higher social costs and much higher social incohesion.....all while immigration continues at the same pace.

All while fools and liars, told the populous exactly the same half truths and delusions you have dealing with here.

Different year, same BS.

Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Aug 2019 8.13pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 07 Aug 19 8.08pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

So your solution is to wait 50 years and the situation will resolve itself.
In the meanwhile what happens with new arrivals? The process starts again and so will never end.

Wisbech seems to have lost the capacity to think things through properly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 07 Aug 19 8.11pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Wisbech seems to have lost the capacity to think things through properly.

Dust on the brain.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 07 Aug 19 8.29pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The assimilation argument was a lie to begin with.

Only now we see officials start to drop it.....and we have the next step in delusions.

Look at even the Russians in Georgia, they were welcomed in, expected to assimilate with a similar culture...there have been Russians in Georgia for centuries....Look what happened.

Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Aug 2019 8.31pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 Aug 19 9.13pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

So your solution is to wait 50 years and the situation will resolve itself.
In the meanwhile what happens with new arrivals? The process starts again and so will never end.

It will take as long as it takes, but 10 years will see a difference and 25 years a big difference. In 50 years we will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.

With the benefit of hindsight and experience I expect that any new arrivals will be handled somewhat differently than in the past. How many will enter in the future and from where is though still an open question.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 Aug 19 9.18pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Wisbech seems to have lost the capacity to think things through properly.

Your insults, and those of your room mate, are not "dust on the brain" but water off the ducks back to me.

I have long given up expecting people like you two to find any sense in my viewpoints. You are far too out of kilter on the right to be able to understand a balanced view in the centre.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 07 Aug 19 9.25pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It will take as long as it takes, but 10 years will see a difference and 25 years a big difference. In 50 years we will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.

With the benefit of hindsight and experience I expect that any new arrivals will be handled somewhat differently than in the past. How many will enter in the future and from where is though still an open question.

The last ten years have certainly made a difference. Not many of us will be looking at very much in 50 years but future generations may well be aware of exactly what the fuss was about.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 07 Aug 19 9.37pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Your insults, and those of your room mate, are not "dust on the brain" but water off the ducks back to me.

I have long given up expecting people like you two to find any sense in my viewpoints. You are far too out of kilter on the right to be able to understand a balanced view in the centre.

It wasn't an insult Wisbeach, it was an observation.

Your take on this is somewhere between wishful thinking and half baked logic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 19 of 26 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Continued mass shootings in America