You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Continued mass shootings in America
November 14 2019 4.04am

Continued mass shootings in America

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 25 of 26 < 21 22 23 24 25 26 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Aug 19 10.53am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

With all due respect, you're describing yourself.

With all due respect, you're confirming the point I made.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 01 Sep 19 12.09am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Yet another one.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 01 Sep 19 5.41pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Yet another one.

Tragically, it's rather routine at this point. I don't ever see the gun issue being a non issue. Maybe better background checks, but even that is routinely promised and never delivered.

Edited by dollardays (01 Sep 2019 8.31pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View corkery's Profile corkery Flag Cork City 01 Sep 19 8.13pm Send a Private Message to corkery Add corkery as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Yet another one.

I didn't see that coming.

 


We'll never die

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 01 Sep 19 8.20pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Another one? What's happened?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 01 Sep 19 8.51pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Another one? What's happened?

Texas yesterday. [Link]

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 01 Sep 19 11.35pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

They're so frequent it almost stands out when there hasn't been one for a while. Culturally, reaching for a gun to solve a problem has become a mentally ingrained option.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 02 Sep 19 3.02pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

There is a huge correlation with drug use in mass shootings. Add to that general nihilism (post religion), consumer/celebrity culture, atomization/polarization due to social media, mainstream normalization of extremism (calling people nazi's for having a different point of view, support for "antifa". Calling for white genocide etc) and now a complete demonization of white men in modern culture (almost all the Democrat candidates have peddled this apart from Gabbard & Yang). Literally every mainstream Hollywood movie is evil white men versus good everyone else. It's not particularly subtle and they are getting the message that they are worse than useless, practically evil and not wanted.

Is it any wonder that white men are getting screwed up?

All that said though I think the mass shooting statistics are being massaged hugely to suit the agenda of gun control e.g. they include drive by shooting when it suits them and exclude them when it doesn't.

Legal gun owners in the US need to hang on tight to their firearms. The 2nd amendment is there for good reason and may yet even save the world.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 02 Sep 19 3.47pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by W12

There is a huge correlation with drug use in mass shootings. Add to that general nihilism (post religion), consumer/celebrity culture, atomization/polarization due to social media, mainstream normalization of extremism (calling people nazi's for having a different point of view, support for "antifa". Calling for white genocide etc) and now a complete demonization of white men in modern culture (almost all the Democrat candidates have peddled this apart from Gabbard & Yang). Literally every mainstream Hollywood movie is evil white men versus good everyone else. It's not particularly subtle and they are getting the message that they are worse than useless, practically evil and not wanted.

Is it any wonder that white men are getting screwed up?

All that said though I think the mass shooting statistics are being massaged hugely to suit the agenda of gun control e.g. they include drive by shooting when it suits them and exclude them when it doesn't.

Legal gun owners in the US need to hang on tight to their firearms. The 2nd amendment is there for good reason and may yet even save the world.

Black or white, if someone shoots up a classroom of kids, or club full of adults they are solely responsible for that. The existence of ANTIFA and a bad run of Netflix selections do not make a person put a bullet in an innocent person's head. Racial grievances taken to the extent above, whether from blacks or whites, just act as excuses for not being accountable for actions and behaviour.

If I hear that someone who strapped on a suicide belt was 'marginalised' and bullied and turned to religious extremism as result, I'm still infinitely more concerned for the victims than whatever personal weaknesses resulted in them thinking it was okay to destroy innocent lives.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 02 Sep 19 3.53pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by W12

There is a huge correlation with drug use in mass shootings. Add to that general nihilism (post religion), consumer/celebrity culture, atomization/polarization due to social media, mainstream normalization of extremism (calling people nazi's for having a different point of view, support for "antifa". Calling for white genocide etc) and now a complete demonization of white men in modern culture (almost all the Democrat candidates have peddled this apart from Gabbard & Yang). Literally every mainstream Hollywood movie is evil white men versus good everyone else. It's not particularly subtle and they are getting the message that they are worse than useless, practically evil and not wanted.

Is it any wonder that white men are getting screwed up?

All that said though I think the mass shooting statistics are being massaged hugely to suit the agenda of gun control e.g. they include drive by shooting when it suits them and exclude them when it doesn't.

Legal gun owners in the US need to hang on tight to their firearms. The 2nd amendment is there for good reason and may yet even save the world.

The second amendment in the US is the only tool the republicans have once they have permanent Democratic governance.....which is coming.

It's going to be very interesting over these next ten to twenty years.

Edited by Stirlingsays (02 Sep 2019 3.54pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 02 Sep 19 4.16pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Black or white, if someone shoots up a classroom of kids, or club full of adults they are solely responsible for that. The existence of ANTIFA and a bad run of Netflix selections do not make a person put a bullet in an innocent person's head. Racial grievances taken to the extent above, whether from blacks or whites, just act as excuses for not being accountable for actions and behaviour.

If I hear that someone who strapped on a suicide belt was 'marginalised' and bullied and turned to religious extremism as result, I'm still infinitely more concerned for the victims than whatever personal weaknesses resulted in them thinking it was okay to destroy innocent lives.

I don't disagree with you but that doesn't stop it happening.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 02 Sep 19 4.29pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by W12

I don't disagree with you but that doesn't stop it happening.

Unfortunately I don't think anything will. How we cover these events should probably change though. The 24 news cycle focus. People realise that there's an attention they can receive through this that would never otherwise be remotely possible. There's likely sometimes a disturbingly fine line between someone committing these acts of barbarism vs just getting on with the mundanity of a semi ordinary life.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 25 of 26 < 21 22 23 24 25 26 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Continued mass shootings in America