You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > 2020 US Presidential Election.
October 26 2020 6.56pm

2020 US Presidential Election.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 78 of 89 < 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 15 Oct 20 10.58pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Oddly enough I feel Antifa have more to fear from Biden than Trump.

If Trump wins then the US establishment doubles up in its efforts to effectively protect both Antifa and BLM. They serve a purpose in that the Democrats will want to keep up the pressure and chaos. If Democrat controlled states like California and Washington are not going to do anything about them at the moment, I cannot see that changing if Trump remains in the White House.

But if Biden wins then I suspect that both organisations will be smashed. They have served their purpose and by the Democrats turning on them, it gives them something to show the Republican states that they are actually for law and order after all.

History is littered with political institutions using street violence groups to further their ends and then when in power destroying them by way of a sacrifice/sop.

Edited by Matov (15 Oct 2020 7.54pm)

Antifa have nothing to fear from Biden! They can only get hope from him. If he allows the US security forces to deal with what they regard as the biggest internal terrorism threat, that of far-right activism, then their own purpose evaporates and their membership will shrink away to nothing.

Antifa's rise has been as a consequence of Trump. Remove him and they will fade from view again.

History is littered with all kinds of things. The wise learn from them. The foolish repeat them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Oct 20 11.19pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I don't think too much brandy is available in jail, although that won't bother him as he doesn't drink does he? What will is having his Twitter account suspended.

Dream on, you been watching videos again havent you!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Oct 20 11.21pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Antifa have nothing to fear from Biden! They can only get hope from him. If he allows the US security forces to deal with what they regard as the biggest internal terrorism threat, that of far-right activism, then their own purpose evaporates and their membership will shrink away to nothing.

Antifa's rise has been as a consequence of Trump. Remove him and they will fade from view again.

History is littered with all kinds of things. The wise learn from them. The foolish repeat them.

Far right activism
Oh republicans, yup that's about it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 15 Oct 20 11.50pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Dream on, you been watching videos again havent you!

The only videos I regularly watch are sport or instructional. I do though follow the news and current affairs and reach my own conclusions. I don't dream of Trump being in jail. Getting rid is the most important event. Retribution takes a back seat. That, or a secure hospital, is where I think he is headed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 15 Oct 20 11.54pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Far right activism
Oh republicans, yup that's about it.

The Republicans, or at least the real ones, aren't far right at all. They are decent patriotic folk. It's the Trump wing of the GOP that has attracted into it's arms and given freedom to some seriously nasty elements.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Oct 20 7.29am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

When you say something that is true then I will agree with it. This issue has nothing at all to do with free speech and everything to do with stopping the spread of disinformation. When that stops so will the need for oversight. If you cannot see that the difference between information and disinformation is not simply a matter of opinion then I am unable to help you.

With all due respect and I have neither asked for or want your help, why would I? You are so blinkered in your views and are completely obsessed with Trump, it is not I that needs help

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Oct 20 7.33am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Not in any way. I was answering another point that used it as an example.

Brexit has happened. The task now is to expose why and then reverse it. No point in crying. Too much to do. Johnson is assisting a lot though.

Not crying over it but want to EXPOSE why it happened! and the reverse it, dream on ainít ever going to happen. Europe is in a mess, which imo it will never get out of, if they continue to be run the way they are now. Still letís not derail this thread

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 16 Oct 20 7.44am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

With all due respect and I have neither asked for nor want your help, why would I? You are so blinkered in your views and are completely obsessed with Trump, it is not I that needs help

That you neither want, nor ask, for my help doesn't mean that I am unable to provide any. It was my position I was commenting on, not yours. Why would you? You wouldn't but that's unrelated to whether you need it.

I am not the least "obsessed" with Trump as an individual. I am very concerned by his Presidency and the political forces that enabled it which are visible on both sides of the Atlantic. Removing him is only the first step in restoring some ethics, dignity, morality and safety to the world. When the USA is led in this way I shiver for us all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 16 Oct 20 7.51am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Not crying over it but want to EXPOSE why it happened! and the reverse it, dream on ainít ever going to happen. Europe is in a mess, which imo it will never get out of, if they continue to be run the way they are now. Still letís not derail this thread

There is though a political thread which connects Brexit to Trump. Not for nothing does Farage regard him as a hero, or Trump suggest Farage as Ambassador. It's all part of the same dangerous trend. Trump's removal could well be seen, when the history books are written, as the tipping point when the climb back begun.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Oct 20 8.37am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

There is though a political thread which connects Brexit to Trump. Not for nothing does Farage regard him as a hero, or Trump suggest Farage as Ambassador. It's all part of the same dangerous trend. Trump's removal could well be seen, when the history books are written, as the tipping point when the climb back begun.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Oct 20 8.38am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That you neither want, nor ask, for my help doesn't mean that I am unable to provide any. It was my position I was commenting on, not yours. Why would you? You wouldn't but that's unrelated to whether you need it.

I am not the least "obsessed" with Trump as an individual. I am very concerned by his Presidency and the political forces that enabled it which are visible on both sides of the Atlantic. Removing him is only the first step in restoring some ethics, dignity, morality and safety to the world. When the USA is led in this way I shiver for us all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 16 Oct 20 9.47am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

No Bias here

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 78 of 89 < 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > 2020 US Presidential Election.