You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Topic
December 9 2022 4.08pm

Coronavirus (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1119 of 1255 < 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


Topic Locked

BlueJay Flag UK 09 Jan 22 3.20pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Unless you're talking about the elderly and immune vulnerable we don't agree. And while I'd have recommended vaccines for those groups I don't think the fear and coercion campaign was in anyway ethical.

I think the amount of money spent has criminal repercussions and while the economy was fecked before then that's no excuse to essentially double the size of the well....Everything about it has been negative save for a few billionaires.

My view remains that of the policy on pandemics that stood for many years and that Johnson and co themselves started with was the more realistic approach to a horrendous situation that was none of our making....essentially I agree with the 'Great Barrington declaration' approach....an approach we will essentially be moving back to.

Edited by Stirlingsays (09 Jan 2022 3.09pm)

I'm relieved that those most as risk almost universally opted for the vaccine, and in those groups see the campaign to make that happen as reality not fear based. We of course don't get to rewind time and see the impact of them not bothering. However from the proportion of unvaccinated in hospital beds and also the first wave impact, we have a decent insight into the fate that would've waited those not bothering to get a 5 second jab. Even in countries like Brazil where they seemed happy to let a good 500k die wave after wave while doing sod all, they eventually see the benefits of actually doing something that helps.

In any case, I'm hoping that the virus doesn't take a more negative term, in which case it may all be academic. Things have been pretty 'normal' for the most part for a while. The timing of Omicron was unfortunate for businesses, but that demonstrates what many countries have seen, that even without lockdowns and the like there is a substantial impact due to the virus itself. Though of course there's little mileage being angry at a virus, so to an extent we all direct it elsewhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 10 Jan 22 8.00pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

'A Texas judge has ruled that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must release thousands of documents relating to the approval of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine in a timely period lasting no more than eight months, as opposed to the 75 years that the agency had argued would be required to make the pertinent materials available to the public.'

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Jan 22 9.12pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

'A Texas judge has ruled that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must release thousands of documents relating to the approval of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine in a timely period lasting no more than eight months, as opposed to the 75 years that the agency had argued would be required to make the pertinent materials available to the public.'

That makes it sound as though there is something devious going on, so if speeding up the release kills the conspiracy theories it must be a good thing.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 10 Jan 22 9.53pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That makes it sound as though there is something devious going on, so if speeding up the release kills the conspiracy theories it must be a good thing.

[Link]

Well, Pfizer asking for 75 years was obviously considered a non starter by the judge.

Sure, if it dispels inaccurate theories of whatever type then that's a good thing....As the truth in all matters should be the aim, especially so in relation to health.

However, I regard it as a problem that a large body of people are overly trusting of corporations and their regulation and I for one am happy that some independent scientists are actually out there pushing for data transparency.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 10 Jan 22 10.55pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Well, Pfizer asking for 75 years was obviously considered a non starter by the judge.

Sure, if it dispels inaccurate theories of whatever type then that's a good thing....As the truth in all matters should be the aim, especially so in relation to health.

However, I regard it as a problem that a large body of people are overly trusting of corporations and their regulation and I for one am happy that some independent scientists are actually out there pushing for data transparency.

I note your usual lack of regard for facts

Pfizer was not the subject of the FOI request, the FDA was. It did not ask for 75 years. The issue is that PHMPT requested every single document not only relevant ones, each of which will need redacting.

This explains it quite well

[Link]

Meanwhile Pfizer released its ‘’Reports of Postmarketing Experience from Section 5.3.6 of the [biologics licence application] file”.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 10 Jan 22 11.28pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I note your usual lack of regard for facts

Pfizer was not the subject of the FOI request, the FDA was. It did not ask for 75 years. The issue is that PHMPT requested every single document not only relevant ones, each of which will need redacting.

This explains it quite well

[Link]

Meanwhile Pfizer released its ‘’Reports of Postmarketing Experience from Section 5.3.6 of the [biologics licence application] file”.

I read your link and in reality it's a defence that lists excuse after excuse. People should read it.

An industry that is swimming in billions is lying about its ability to process these requests in a timely manner and that's exactly the view the Judge came to.

People can see exactly where your sentiments sit.

Here is a video by Jimmy Dore on this specific issue.

[Link]


Edited by Stirlingsays (10 Jan 2022 11.38pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 11 Jan 22 8.50am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I read your link and in reality it's a defence that lists excuse after excuse. People should read it.

An industry that is swimming in billions is lying about its ability to process these requests in a timely manner and that's exactly the view the Judge came to.

People can see exactly where your sentiments sit.

Here is a video by Jimmy Dore on this specific issue.

[Link]


Edited by Stirlingsays (10 Jan 2022 11.38pm)

The FDA is an industry? You get weirder. For the avoidance of doubt it is the regulator.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 11 Jan 22 9.54am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

The FDA is an industry? You get weirder. For the avoidance of doubt it is the regulator.

The FDA receives considerable funding from the pharmaceutical companies it regulates.

It most definitely is an industry.... and as for who's weird....

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 11 Jan 22 10.13am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The FDA receives considerable funding from the pharmaceutical companies it regulates.

It most definitely is an industry.... and as for who's weird....

""Nine FDA scientists appealed to then president-elect Barack Obama over pressures from management, experienced during the George W. Bush presidency, to manipulate data, including in relation to the review process for medical devices. Characterized as "corrupted and distorted by current FDA managers, thereby placing the American people at risk," these concerns were also highlighted in the 2006 report[119] on the agency as well.[121]""


From Wikipedia.

A signifiant chunk of funding comes from the drug companies which has led to criticisms that they have too much influence over the FDA.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 11 Jan 22 10.25am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

""Nine FDA scientists appealed to then president-elect Barack Obama over pressures from management, experienced during the George W. Bush presidency, to manipulate data, including in relation to the review process for medical devices. Characterized as "corrupted and distorted by current FDA managers, thereby placing the American people at risk," these concerns were also highlighted in the 2006 report[119] on the agency as well.[121]""


From Wikipedia.

A signifiant chunk of funding comes from the drug companies which has led to criticisms that they have too much influence over the FDA.

Yep, there are clear conflicts of interests that are troubling.

You would have thought that the politicians themselves would have sorted out this system long ago.....but there we see how lobbying disfigures that process as well.

Money makes the world go round....and the drugs too.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 11 Jan 22 1.09pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Reading some of the comments would lead to the conclusion this site is populated by socialists who want to see everything in state ownership and private enterprise neutered.

Making companies pay fees to register their products is hardly unusual. The issue here is more of regulation and oversight than one of principle.

As I can only imagine the Democrats being in favour of strict regulation, and the Republicans pushing for relaxation at every turn, the smell of hypocrisy is in the air.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 11 Jan 22 4.36pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

After receiving back a negative covid test result, I'm off for a shoulder operation.

I should be back after a short break...but hopefully not in the shoulder.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 1119 of 1255 < 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Topic