You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
September 28 2020 5.47am

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 318 of 587 < 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 >

 

View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 28 Apr 20 1.44pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Had a noisy s*** during the minute silence by the way.

What a weak non-society we have become.

I see nothing weak about a respectful minutes silence towards those who are on the front line and have lost their lives doing so. Ironically the nurses and doctors that have died would've readily done so trying to save your life too if you needed their help. Feel free to ponder that the next time you're taking a dump.


You've been led down the garden path by David Ike level nonsense, cobbling together some kind of BBC enabled Bill Gates vaccine conspiracy. I'm not sure that you're in any position, in your mean spirited and mentally frazzled state, to lecture others on the nature of reality.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 28 Apr 20 2.08pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I do take what Bill Gates says with a pinch of salt. This is nothing to do with conspiracy theories but more to do with Microsoft business interests.

You only have to look at how Facebook and Google crumble before the Chinese and make whatever changes the government insists on. I would imagine that Gates is just as wary of upsetting the Chinese government.

Bill Gates now owns about 1% of Microsoft so is no longer in a position of influence there. His foundation does though do some great work, free of government direction. That it needs to operate in the context of it's environment is just a factor of "realpolitik". You need to deal with the cards you have and not those you wish you had, and use your influence to push gently every time you get the opportunity.

I well remember the company I used to work for setting up it's Chinese subsidiary and being required to allow 51% of the shares to be held locally with a full release of all intellectual property. This was more than 20 years ago and I thought then it was a recipe for disaster. They did it though, as they thought the local market share was going to make them a fortune.

Which has little, or nothing, to do with C19!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 28 Apr 20 2.22pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

[Link]

"Critics have in the past raised concerns the foundation should not have any association with the program due to apparent conflicts of interest. That’s because the foundation also backs GAVI, a global vaccine alliance that counts big pharmaceutical companies as its partners"

The traditional drugs business model is broken due to the cost to develope a drug, the time to market (they have to re-coup investment within 20 years before the drug becomes generic and most of that is development), the fact that some drugs don't make it to market and the huge cost of associated lawsuits.

The answer to this is vaccinations as (1) they reach a huge mass market by default and (2) there are more prtections against litigation for the drug companies and if you google "Gates" and "indemnity" I'm sure you will find more being proposed as we speak due to the "pandemic".

It's a huge scam at your expense.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 28 Apr 20 3.09pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


[Link]

This just got serious.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 28 Apr 20 3.14pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by W12

[Link]

"Critics have in the past raised concerns the foundation should not have any association with the program due to apparent conflicts of interest. That’s because the foundation also backs GAVI, a global vaccine alliance that counts big pharmaceutical companies as its partners"

The traditional drugs business model is broken due to the cost to develope a drug, the time to market (they have to re-coup investment within 20 years before the drug becomes generic and most of that is development), the fact that some drugs don't make it to market and the huge cost of associated lawsuits.

The answer to this is vaccinations as (1) they reach a huge mass market by default and (2) there are more prtections against litigation for the drug companies and if you google "Gates" and "indemnity" I'm sure you will find more being proposed as we speak due to the "pandemic".

It's a huge scam at your expense.

You go on thinking that vaccination is a scam if you like. I, and I hope most others, will go on using them as they save lives. Of course GAVI involves the pharma industry. It couldn't function effectively without them. That doesn't mean it's designed to do us harm. It just means that capitalism is being harnessed for good.

I note that you cherry pick what is actually in that article to suit your argument and miss out the context. Including, for instance, :-


“There was a perception that an external agency is funding it, so there could be influence,” Swaminathan said on Wednesday.

Swaminathan, however, stressed there were no instances of influence found and the decision was only in part prompted by a wider perception about foreign funding of the program."

Perceptions brought about by those who promote conspiracy theories.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 28 Apr 20 4.13pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You go on thinking that vaccination is a scam if you like. I, and I hope most others, will go on using them as they save lives. Of course GAVI involves the pharma industry. It couldn't function effectively without them. That doesn't mean it's designed to do us harm. It just means that capitalism is being harnessed for good.

I note that you cherry pick what is actually in that article to suit your argument and miss out the context. Including, for instance, :-


“There was a perception that an external agency is funding it, so there could be influence,” Swaminathan said on Wednesday.

Swaminathan, however, stressed there were no instances of influence found and the decision was only in part prompted by a wider perception about foreign funding of the program."

Perceptions brought about by those who promote conspiracy theories.

Whenever you post, it reminds me of Poppers paradox

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 28 Apr 20 4.24pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Whenever you post, it reminds me of Poppers paradox

Which is I’ve had a skinful of Guinness and I really want to let fly but is it worth the risk?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 28 Apr 20 4.54pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Which is I’ve had a skinful of Guinness and I really want to let fly but is it worth the risk?

No

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 28 Apr 20 5.02pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Whenever you post, it reminds me of Poppers paradox

Oh my tolerance has very definite limits. For instance I will tolerate fools for a while, in the hope that I might be able to help them, but when it becomes clear I cannot then they get left to wallow in their own self deception.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 28 Apr 20 10.22pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

2 Border Force Officers have now died from Coronavirus, I know some posters felt they were in more danger than anyone else but let me quote a Home Office spokesperson and perhaps it will show what BF staff are up against:
“ it is not necessary for BF staff to where PPE at all times, only when they are dealing with a person who is showing symptoms” by which time they have handled documents and the person is standing within a foot or two of them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 28 Apr 20 10.46pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Whenever you post, it reminds me of Poppers paradox

Funnily enough it doesn’t me.

Whenever you post I think of sect members in a darkened room.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 29 Apr 20 12.00am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Quite dispiriting that Germany have urged people to stay at home as the infection rate has risen again. They had got it down as low as 0.7 in mid April but on Monday it rose to 0.96. Still just under 1, but only just.

Scientists believe the basic reproduction rate of Covid-19, R0, to lie somewhere between 2.4 and 3.3.

Wieler from the RKI disease control agency said, “Let us continue to stay at home as much as possible, keep observing the restrictions and keep a distance of 1.5 metres from one another.”

1.5 metres and not 2 in Germany?


Edited by Rudi Hedman (29 Apr 2020 9.32am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 318 of 587 < 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus