You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
July 14 2020 1.06am

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 323 of 494 < 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 >

 

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 30 Apr 20 9.05pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I think he advised social distancing then snowdonia filled up. Remember ?

He actually told us to mix, go down the pub and football game, when the rest of Europe were in lockdown, then 5 days later changed his mind and told us to stay in,and stay 2 meters apart, he didn"t like agreeing with European scientists see, thats not brexit, we know better than them.......only we don"t, he had to eat his words, and say stay in!So in answer to your post, he did say stay in, but 5 days after saying go out! God knows how many people have died from that original clanger, 5 days of mixing , herd mentality, but you wouldn"t noitice that would you, to busy admiring the gentry!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 30 Apr 20 10.05pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

I am far from being a Tory but do you really think labour under Corbyn would have handled this better had they been in power?

The answer is f**k no by the way

You are wrong silver, they had a better handle on all things NHS, and with advisers, wouldn"t have made half the cock ups these CONS have, i don"t mind Boris as a person, but his boys have made mistake after mistake, starting with him not going to first 5 meetings on the virus, the rest followed that i mentioned in earlier post, you might not like Jeremy, but he wouldn"t have dropped the ball like this lot have!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 30 Apr 20 10.56pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

You are wrong silver, they had a better handle on all things NHS, and with advisers, wouldn"t have made half the cock ups these CONS have, i don"t mind Boris as a person, but his boys have made mistake after mistake, starting with him not going to first 5 meetings on the virus, the rest followed that i mentioned in earlier post, you might not like Jeremy, but he wouldn"t have dropped the ball like this lot have!

It's not something any country anticipated dealing with so they're all winging it really. The only approach I'd say is unforgivable is the likes of Brazil, virus denials, indifference and carrying on as usual as the bodies pile up, with little access to medical help.

The community spirit and common sense of how the average person in the UK is dealing with this has to be commended. If we ease restrictions in May, make mask wearing the norm and limit crowd sizes we can hopefully keep the r0 rate to the level where hospitals can cope and business are getting back into their stride. Arguably we should've done taken that approach in the first place when numbers were really low, but hindsight is 20/20.


Edited by BlueJay (30 Apr 2020 10.57pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 30 Apr 20 11.03pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

It's not something any country anticipated dealing with so they're all winging it really. The only approach I'd say is unforgivable is the likes of Brazil, virus denials, indifference and carrying on as usual as the bodies pile up, with little access to medical help.

The community spirit and common sense of how the average person in the UK is dealing with this has to be commended. If we ease restrictions in May, make mask wearing the norm and limit crowd sizes we can hopefully keep the r0 rate to the level where hospitals can cope and business are getting back into their stride. Arguably we should've done taken that approach in the first place when numbers were really low, but hindsight is 20/20.


Edited by BlueJay (30 Apr 2020 10.57pm)


Lets hope so!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 May 20 6.25am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

He actually told us to mix, go down the pub and football game, when the rest of Europe were in lockdown, then 5 days later changed his mind and told us to stay in,and stay 2 meters apart, he didn"t like agreeing with European scientists see, thats not brexit, we know better than them.......only we don"t, he had to eat his words, and say stay in!So in answer to your post, he did say stay in, but 5 days after saying go out! God knows how many people have died from that original clanger, 5 days of mixing , herd mentality, but you wouldn"t noitice that would you, to busy admiring the gentry!

And god would be the only one who knows or knew what to do. I'm glad you see now that any mere mortal wouldn't. You are actually arguing over the early days without the social distancing advice. Even then the normal man in the street knew how contagious this was but still waited to be advised, then had to be told. I blew the last home game out because of this. Was I really the only person who made a decision on my own. I'm not the sheep,maybe you are.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 01 May 20 7.55am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

As I have said before, mistakes have been made, some inexcusable ( not closing borders) however imo most countries were dealing with an unknown enemy and were therefore going into this with very little knowledge. Some experts have said this may have been around in China since last September, when did they actually admit to having it? You can blame the Government if that is your want but the biggest culprits in all this are the Chinese, who are now reopening the disgusting markets that appear to be at the heart of this.
With regard to the question whether Labour would have handled the crisis better, personally I do not think, as it was unknown

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View blackheatheagle's Profile blackheatheagle Flag Blackheath 01 May 20 9.33am Send a Private Message to blackheatheagle Add blackheatheagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

As I have said before, mistakes have been made, some inexcusable ( not closing borders) however imo most countries were dealing with an unknown enemy and were therefore going into this with very little knowledge. Some experts have said this may have been around in China since last September, when did they actually admit to having it? You can blame the Government if that is your want but the biggest culprits in all this are the Chinese, who are now reopening the disgusting markets that appear to be at the heart of this.
With regard to the question whether Labour would have handled the crisis better, personally I do not think, as it was unknown

I have started to watch Chernobyl yesterday night, first episode so far only.

Just wondered if we will have similar TV series in coming years for China and the virus

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 01 May 20 9.50am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

As I have said before, mistakes have been made, some inexcusable ( not closing borders) however imo most countries were dealing with an unknown enemy and were therefore going into this with very little knowledge. Some experts have said this may have been around in China since last September, when did they actually admit to having it? You can blame the Government if that is your want but the biggest culprits in all this are the Chinese, who are now reopening the disgusting markets that appear to be at the heart of this.
With regard to the question whether Labour would have handled the crisis better, personally I do not think, as it was unknown

At the start of February I was at Gatwick and found it funny that people were wearing masks.

Through February and the start of mark people where still treating the advise to wash your hands to happy birthday, and to elbow bump instead of shaking hands with a pinch of salt.

European boarders should probably have shut earlier, flights should have been cancelled earlier (Trump got slammed for banning flights to Europe btw), and the lockdown should have probably started a couple of weeks earlier.

However, if Governments impossed measures that were too strong, too soon, they wouldn't have got the buy in from the public they needed to impliment restrictions. The mad rush to national parks shows how seriously people were taking it at the time.

An incrimental approach to lock down is the only aproach that would have worked.

That's all probably going to be forgotten about when the inquiry comes.

Will be interesting to see if the EU goes back to being completely boarderless as it was, or puts in some kind of boarder control which can be quickly implimented... could solve the Northern Ireland problem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 May 20 10.18am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

At the start of February I was at Gatwick and found it funny that people were wearing masks.

Through February and the start of mark people where still treating the advise to wash your hands to happy birthday, and to elbow bump instead of shaking hands with a pinch of salt.

European boarders should probably have shut earlier, flights should have been cancelled earlier (Trump got slammed for banning flights to Europe btw), and the lockdown should have probably started a couple of weeks earlier.

However, if Governments impossed measures that were too strong, too soon, they wouldn't have got the buy in from the public they needed to impliment restrictions. The mad rush to national parks shows how seriously people were taking it at the time.

An incrimental approach to lock down is the only aproach that would have worked.

That's all probably going to be forgotten about when the inquiry comes.

Will be interesting to see if the EU goes back to being completely boarderless as it was, or puts in some kind of boarder control which can be quickly implimented... could solve the Northern Ireland problem.

I think this is a valid point look at the US, idiots protesting about their rights.

I think the government has made mistakes and should have moved quicker however the approach to lead us into accepting a lockdown was the right one in my opinion. In this country we do not like being told what to do by politicians and normally this scepticism is a healthy thing but not in this case. The government needed the consent of the public.

We should have stockpiled PPE sooner, started the progress to lockdown sooner and possibly restricted incoming travellers. That said hindsight is a wonderful thing and when this is over the hindsight experts will have a field day.

The last point I would make is that politicians from all parties seem to be broadly in agreement with the approach apart from the issues I have mentioned, I hope they remember that later.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 01 May 20 10.20am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

At the start of February I was at Gatwick and found it funny that people were wearing masks.

Through February and the start of mark people where still treating the advise to wash your hands to happy birthday, and to elbow bump instead of shaking hands with a pinch of salt.

European boarders should probably have shut earlier, flights should have been cancelled earlier (Trump got slammed for banning flights to Europe btw), and the lockdown should have probably started a couple of weeks earlier.

However, if Governments impossed measures that were too strong, too soon, they wouldn't have got the buy in from the public they needed to impliment restrictions. The mad rush to national parks shows how seriously people were taking it at the time.

An incrimental approach to lock down is the only aproach that would have worked.

That's all probably going to be forgotten about when the inquiry comes.

Will be interesting to see if the EU goes back to being completely boarderless as it was, or puts in some kind of boarder control which can be quickly implimented... could solve the Northern Ireland problem.


Very good post. I will add that has always been normal for Asian passengers to wear masks, apparently they do it to protect other people as well as themselves

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 01 May 20 10.22am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Oh dear! How we will miss the EU diplomacy ( not)

2E60D9E7-1B08-4500-9947-ED76345F1164.jpeg Attachment: 2E60D9E7-1B08-4500-9947-ED76345F1164.jpeg (56.60Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 01 May 20 1.51pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

And god would be the only one who knows or knew what to do. I'm glad you see now that any mere mortal wouldn't. You are actually arguing over the early days without the social distancing advice. Even then the normal man in the street knew how contagious this was but still waited to be advised, then had to be told. I blew the last home game out because of this. Was I really the only person who made a decision on my own. I'm not the sheep,maybe you are.


Bahhhhh............Humbug!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 323 of 494 < 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus