You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
September 27 2020 7.34am

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 508 of 586 < 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jul 20 8.41pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Nobody will believe a government revised figure anyway, especially downward for political purposes.

True.

I heavily suspect it's a lot lower but few can deny that many would believe them.

The pandemic seems to have its own bandwagon and life of its own.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 18 Jul 20 10.18pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Agreed but whose figures can we compare ours to? pakistan: 5475,
Bangladesh: 2547, Indonesia: 3957, Nigeria: 769 or are they all being economical with the truth?
The allegation is the UK Government are trying to conceal an additional 30,000 deaths.

Well I dont even know of a friend of a friend of a friend who's died. Not even through acquaintances so who are these 80k dead.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 19 Jul 20 2.51am Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Well I dont even know of a friend of a friend of a friend who's died. Not even through acquaintances so who are these 80k dead.

Got a millwall mate from Peckham, he votes CON, would go further to the right if he could, but he knows 3 people who have died of it, all white, one had health probs before covid, but just saying, and all wern"t older than late 60.I don"t know anyone either to be fair.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twist's Profile twist Flag Miami, Florida 19 Jul 20 5.37am Send a Private Message to twist Add twist as a friend

My cousin, who regrettably is a Chelski fan, has 2 mates in London that died from this.
Over here in the America's, my Wifes cousin's husband died of it, also 2 friends lost someone in their immediate family.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twist's Profile twist Flag Miami, Florida 19 Jul 20 5.47am Send a Private Message to twist Add twist as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

As the figures stand England has x10 the deaths in China but the total is being under-estimated? If we genuinely have x20 the death rate in China then the NHS has failed in spectacular fashion.

When comparing countries deaths, you need to compare deaths per million people. China has reported a total of 3 deaths per million, UK has 667. Staggeringly different.

But you cannot compare the 2, 2 very different cultures and governments and sets of freedoms.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 19 Jul 20 8.19am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by twist

When comparing countries deaths, you need to compare deaths per million people. China has reported a total of 3 deaths per million, UK has 667. Staggeringly different.

But you cannot compare the 2, 2 very different cultures and governments and sets of freedoms.

Thatís true but how likely is it that England has had x10 the number of deaths? The difference is often in the way they are counting them. In England anyone diagnosed who subsequently dies is counted as a Covid death even if theyíve recovered and then had an accident. In Scotland, for example, only people who die with 28 days of being diagnosed are included.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 19 Jul 20 9.20am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Just heard Hugh Pim on socialist weekly Marr programme day its in the papers today about the over recording of Covid deaths, but only 2-4,000. I expect itís a lot more when it comes out. He mentioned the cases of accidents months after Covid and death recorded as Covid. But there will be lots of doctors putting Covid down during the peak when it wasnít, and probably people not going to hospital with their long term health difficulty because they didnít want to catch Covid. When we compare increases in deaths this year I bet itís not that bad at all. Or no different to lots of countries.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Jul 20 10.22am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Just heard Hugh Pim on socialist weekly Marr programme day its in the papers today about the over recording of Covid deaths, but only 2-4,000. I expect itís a lot more when it comes out. He mentioned the cases of accidents months after Covid and death recorded as Covid. But there will be lots of doctors putting Covid down during the peak when it wasnít, and probably people not going to hospital with their long term health difficulty because they didnít want to catch Covid. When we compare increases in deaths this year I bet itís not that bad at all. Or no different to lots of countries.

A skeptical friend of mine under the Freedom of Information Act, applied for death statistics compared to previous years, deaths since Covid vs deaths before Covid. After much prevarication the Central Statistics Office was compelled to compile the figures and send them out.
The deaths, in total are less this year, with Covid, than they were without Covid, only in one month, April, were the deaths slightly higher.
Backs up your argument Rudi, and Stirling's, that the lockdown and killing our economy weren't worth it. The rush to do so was, and is, inexplicable and has now become political, rather than scientific.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 Jul 20 10.30am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Well I dont even know of a friend of a friend of a friend who's died. Not even through acquaintances so who are these 80k dead.

Try working with care homes or supported living then.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 Jul 20 10.31am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

A skeptical friend of mine under the Freedom of Information Act, applied for death statistics compared to previous years, deaths since Covid vs deaths before Covid. After much prevarication the Central Statistics Office was compelled to compile the figures and send them out.
The deaths, in total are less this year, with Covid, than they were without Covid, only in one month, April, were the deaths slightly higher.
Backs up your argument Rudi, and Stirling's, that the lockdown and killing our economy weren't worth it. The rush to do so was, and is, inexplicable and has now become political, rather than scientific.

Many ways people die canít happen easily during lockdown or social distancing

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Jul 20 10.50am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Many ways people die canít happen easily during lockdown or social distancing

Fair enough, however, there were more fatal car accidents and murders during this time, than last year. In fact, the news and government, made a point of wondering how there were so many road fatalities during lockdown. I found it strange myself.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 Jul 20 11.47am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Try working with care homes or supported living then.

And the question I would ask said care home bosses would be how you didnt have plans with all the dough you charge. Years to get ready but no, it's all the governments fault we gone done f***ed up.
Like I said ,scapegoats are easy in a time of crisis. Dead patients relatives should be asking these questions or families of the dead should have taken them home and shielded them, from early doors as they would have seen it happening.
Maybe a bit inconvenient I guess!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 508 of 586 < 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus