You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
December 1 2021 6.05pm

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 962 of 974 < 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 16 Nov 21 3.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

Yes, he does come across quite different depending on who he's talking to, not as though I see that as much of a negative because I think he's always been interested in people, and wants to hear what their take is and where they are coming from. As you say, that's possibly why his views can often seem to evolve. Well suited to his job really, as more of a listening role as anything. He certainly has very varied and interesting guests on his show. The Alex Jones ones were something else haha, and clued me into comedian Tim Dillon, who is often very intentionally offensive and OTT but as its hilariously done he gets away with it. More Conservative but mocks left and right [Link] \ [Link] \

Yep agree, and Dillon is a talent doing really what all comedians should do....which is mock everything that they can make funny.

Comedy is important to the human condition and its freedom must be protected regardless of it sometimes overstepping....whether that's Joe Brand or whoever.

I watched Bill Hicks yesterday in his routine telling advertisers to kill themselves.....still damn funny all these decades later.....and everyone knew he was only half joking.....but stand up is half stress and steam relief I suppose.

[Link]

It feels weird to even have to say it but creative expression must be protected and offense or politics shouldn't have the power to silence it.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag UK/Thailand 16 Nov 21 3.16pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Grumbles

Can you quote some medical extracts for the vitamin D's impact on covid. I've read several that suggest that it controversial, and there is not enough evidence as yet to make a scientific determination.. So the it could be effective,or it may not.

In respect of not mixing jabs, I feel it was a political decision when it was found the AZ was so less effective that Pfizer and Modena to stop people demanding better protection. Now they can give everyone a dose of the better vaccine under the guise of a booster.


Look at studies which are not covid-19 related for diseases this is the best way because as I stated in another comment the people who put money up for studies do not do it to help people they do it to make money vitamin d and other cheap drugs wont do that for them this is why you have seen so much aggresive push back from the likes of the media to claim people not having vaccine treating with etc is dangerous (Joe Rogan was a big example)


If you are very unhealthy it doesn't matter what you take or have it's not going to help.

The real message should of been to get people to become healthy which Boris did come out with once after he was released from hospital and suddenly went quiet (was clearly told to be quiet)

Pay not attention to the claimed effectiveness if you read the papers and what they based the numbers on its more BS Moderna and Pfizer used mostly young healthy people to gather those stats also it wasnt even controlled environments.

I said it in the past there was no proper controlled studies done for any of these (novavax so far appears to be the only one which has used lots of different groups of people also doesn't use experimental methods but funny how that has not been approved still)

Regarding the boosters they are random not just one brand but tend to be the mRNA ones (not politics money driven again)

If a vaccine kills you or leaves you in poor health you cant prove it this is how they can get away with the whole thing and for a lot of people the poor out comes will comes years down the road.

This type of risk is worth taking for some groups of people but to also put this now on to children this really should wake people up to this whole scam.

Final thing I would like to point out as well even with Zoe study I wouldn't pay to much attention to it a lot of the data they use is from invalid sources or fro example they will take data from mice studies which are useless.

I worked on studies regarding Dengue fever which Ivermectin was used in some trials Zoe claims it did not help this is not true in the human trials it did the problem was the sample size was very small also what happened was they tried to twist the truth on it because it didn't stop people becoming infected. (A lot of it is in the wording the Zoe use a lot of false word "Cure" for example)

Before using all the Zoe data take a look at them and how they are funded this will sum them up the hint is a large amount comes from govt enough said really.

 


Real-Debrid (Multi-Host) - [Link]
SurfShark (VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 27 Nov 21 3.04pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

The news coverage on this seems to have sent the stock market tanking but from what I've read though antibodies may not but as effective against sufficiently different variants, B and T cells change over time to offer much broader protection (and they are of course conveyed by both natural infection and vaccination). As such, one likely scenario is that there might be an uptick (who knows how big) of cases but at the same time logically or 'hopefully' hospitalisations will still be lower than worst case scenarios due to the massive exposure to vaccines and covid. Of course I could be wrong, but wanted to offer a likely or certainly possible scenario based on the doom and gloom coverage .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Nov 21 5.50pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

The new strain-the Omicrom variant- does not appear to be affected by the double jabbed, so I imagine we will be up for an omicrom jab at some point! Lets hope they test it first, its not a race to get a sub standard vaccine out! Masks compulsory in shops again. One last thing, the anagram of Omicron is Moronic-who knew?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Nov 21 5.51pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

The new strain-the Omicrom variant- does not appear to be affected by the double jabbed, so I imagine we will be up for an omicrom jab at some point! Lets hope they test it first, its not a race to get a sub standard vaccine out! Masks compulsory in shops again. One last thing, the anagram of Omicron is Moronic-who knew?

Omicron.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Nov 21 5.58pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Omicron-moronic! Rumour has it, Boris and Jacob were seen unloading an artic at the back end of Downing street, the Horseguards entrance, it was for 10 million facemasks apparently, my source asked the driver! Apparently the poor fellow was only 15 and told Boris on the phone on Wednesday night he didn"t have a licence or a visa, but bungle said if he driven a bumper care at the fair ground, that is good enough-exceptional circumstances apparently.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 27 Nov 21 6.31pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Omicron-moronic! Rumour has it, Boris and Jacob were seen unloading an artic at the back end of Downing street, the Horseguards entrance, it was for 10 million facemasks apparently, my source asked the driver! Apparently the poor fellow was only 15 and told Boris on the phone on Wednesday night he didn"t have a licence or a visa, but bungle said if he driven a bumper care at the fair ground, that is good enough-exceptional circumstances apparently.

It might be funny but sadly your own mother was amongst 140k in the UK alone who have succumbed to this nasty disease. Without the poor souls who have ended their own lives due to stress, worry and financial issues; show a little respect CP please. This s*** could get extremely real in the coming days and weeks. No-one actually knows yet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Nov 21 6.43pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

It might be funny but sadly your own mother was amongst 140k in the UK alone who have succumbed to this nasty disease. Without the poor souls who have ended their own lives due to stress, worry and financial issues; show a little respect CP please. This s*** could get extremely real in the coming days and weeks. No-one actually knows yet.

I was just making a statement that we will have to wear masks in shops again mate, and as for the Artic, with pre ordered masks, for a decision sat on until they were ordered, it wouldn"t suprise me!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 27 Nov 21 6.47pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

2 steps backward, however if this strain is as bad as they say it...

The new restrictions don't bother me I have continued to wear a mask in shops and on public transport.

What is worrying is how come 60+ passengers on the flight to Amsterdam had COVID after taking a PCR test in SA. A PCR test is not 100% but that number of infected passengers suggest more than the usual margin of error. Were they genuinely tested? You hear stories of fake test results.

Anyway having had 4 holidays on the trot cancelled by the tour operator I am in no rush to book again until we see how this plays out.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Nov 21 6.54pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

2 steps backward, however if this strain is as bad as they say it...

The new restrictions don't bother me I have continued to wear a mask in shops and on public transport.

What is worrying is how come 60+ passengers on the flight to Amsterdam had COVID after taking a PCR test in SA. A PCR test is not 100% but that number of infected passengers suggest more than the usual margin of error. Were they genuinely tested? You hear stories of fake test results.

Anyway having had 4 holidays on the trot cancelled by the tour operator I am in no rush to book again until we see how this plays out.


I"m no expert Badger, and know that most things we use these days never work as advertised, car miles to the watt for example, but do you think that a few on the plane , leaving SA, could have infected the others during the flight?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 27 Nov 21 6.59pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I was just making a statement that we will have to wear masks in shops again mate, and as for the Artic, with pre ordered masks, for a decision sat on until they were ordered, it wouldn"t suprise me!

Well it does seem another bash at hmg who are and have made choices which I wouldn't want to. This SA variant might well be less dangerous. Mask are now mandatory again so someone has to supply them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Nov 21 7.08pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Well it does seem another bash at hmg who are and have made choices which I wouldn't want to. This SA variant might well be less dangerous. Mask are now mandatory again so someone has to supply them.

I would trust you making the decisions over hmg mate, lets just hope the next batch come direct to the nhs and retail outlets without the help of the cabinet supplying them through there own private companies.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 962 of 974 < 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus