You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sir Keir Starmer
September 21 2021 9.48pm

Sir Keir Starmer

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 54 of 58 < 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 >

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Aug 21 5.59pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

I do, absolutely, and the military probably.

Without the United States we still have air and sea superiority.

The taliban are not the force Biden is pretending them to be, withdrawing air support so they can move their lorries into cities easily.

What a c**t he is.

Here's a bit of the history of Britain in Afghanistan. Not the best reading, particularly the withdrawal with one British survivor from the whole army. [Link]

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 15 Aug 21 6.28pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Here's a bit of the history of Britain in Afghanistan. Not the best reading, particularly the withdrawal with one British survivor from the whole army. [Link]

I'm reading The Anarchy about the East India Company, Afghan war lords were entrenched in India, they are a warlike people.

One common theme through the book is how the war lords and armies in that part of the world, Afghan, Indian, Persian would change sides at the drop of a hat or rather brown envelope.

One of the reasons Britain ultimately conquered India was the locals were too busy betraying each other and so we picked them off one by one.

Anyway back to the current Afghan army I suspect that like the Taliban it is an umbrella name for multiple war lords who have their own agenda and don't give a damn about the west.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 15 Aug 21 6.58pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Just a tad concerning that Abbott and her political types are getting media space. And it might only be a tiny bit of media space in an niche newspaper,...but it is still waaaaay more than Starmer is getting.

Even Hancock on holiday has got more coverage than anything Starmer might think of doing. Let's hope he is planning and formulating a formidable opposition party, which has credible designs on power. Soon to be released on the UK public.

Or are we to endure more Hancock holiday selfies and Boris soundbites ?

P155 poor Government, kept in power by inept opposition. UK is politically bankrupt.

Bankrupt indeed!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 15 Aug 21 7.29pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Here's a bit of the history of Britain in Afghanistan. Not the best reading, particularly the withdrawal with one British survivor from the whole army. [Link]

There is a commemorative plaque to this, at the Afghan/pakistan border in the Khyber pass

Edited by Spiderman (15 Aug 2021 7.30pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Aug 21 7.53pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

There is a commemorative plaque to this, at the Afghan/pakistan border in the Khyber pass

Edited by Spiderman (15 Aug 2021 7.30pm)

Quite a sad episode. Thanks for letting me know. Doubt I'll get out there now but you never know. There's a famous painting of the survivor. Could be a Turner but I'm not an art historian or anything.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Aug 21 7.55pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Bankrupt indeed!

Can you imagine how much money the fleeing government has nicked? I bet there was no room for socks in that luggage. Maybe they can live in Pinochet's old mansion or something.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 15 Aug 21 9.20pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Quite a sad episode. Thanks for letting me know. Doubt I'll get out there now but you never know. There's a famous painting of the survivor. Could be a Turner but I'm not an art historian or anything.

I have been there twice. I suspect never to be seen again by us Westerners

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 15 Aug 21 9.57pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Can you imagine how much money the fleeing government has nicked? I bet there was no room for socks in that luggage. Maybe they can live in Pinochet's old mansion or something.

Yes, and watch the events back home on the cinema in the basement.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 17 Aug 21 9.28am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

The sisters led by Cherie Blair want to force their way into the Garrick Club.

So 200 years ago a group of white men risked their money to found a club for like minded individuals. It was a success so the feminists now want to elbow their way in.

I would have more respect for them if they say sod the men we will risk our own money and build a club for ourselves.

If i was them I would focus on stopping fully functional men putting on a dress and demanding access to the women's changing rooms.

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 18 Aug 21 6.15pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

A good HOC performance from Starmer on Afghanistan.

For Starmer, the point was ‘what are the human consequences when power is held by someone so unfit?’.

In other words if you elect flawed people like Johnson and Biden, then tragedy is bound to result, as it has with Afghanistan.

An absurd proposition from Johnson, that they knew this was about to happen.

If that is so, why were the PM and Raab on holiday?

You could not quantify how incompetent our leaders are, the only plus is that the UK cannot do any damage, except to itself.

But the USA is, the consequences of electing Trump and Biden, a sort of Laurel and Hardy let loose upon the world, can have devastating consequences for people far away from the USA.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 18 Aug 21 6.31pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

The sisters led by Cherie Blair want to force their way into the Garrick Club.

So 200 years ago a group of white men risked their money to found a club for like minded individuals. It was a success so the feminists now want to elbow their way in.

I would have more respect for them if they say sod the men we will risk our own money and build a club for ourselves.

If i was them I would focus on stopping fully functional men putting on a dress and demanding access to the women's changing rooms.

[Link]

Typical Labour!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 18 Aug 21 6.50pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

A good HOC performance from Starmer on Afghanistan.

For Starmer, the point was ‘what are the human consequences when power is held by someone so unfit?’.

In other words if you elect flawed people like Johnson and Biden, then tragedy is bound to result, as it has with Afghanistan.

An absurd proposition from Johnson, that they knew this was about to happen.

If that is so, why were the PM and Raab on holiday?

You could not quantify how incompetent our leaders are, the only plus is that the UK cannot do any damage, except to itself.

But the USA is, the consequences of electing Trump and Biden, a sort of Laurel and Hardy let loose upon the world, can have devastating consequences for people far away from the USA.

I'm sure if it was checked there would be a post by you shouting about body bags coming home with our boys in them. How would getting out be done. Its the corbyn types who pursued soldiers for shooting the enemy which in turn let the terrorists go free. You are a corbyn fan so you are really part of the problem!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 54 of 58 < 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sir Keir Starmer