You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Independence
May 27 2022 1.22am

Scottish Independence

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 9 << First< 5 6 7 8 9

 

View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 03 Mar 21 9.02am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Wee Jimmy will be back on the cabaret stage before we know it. She is finished, or certainly should be finished. As Matov said, she will be entirely made of Teflon if she walks away unscathed from this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 03 Mar 21 9.35am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Salmond has now produced 2 witnesses to back his version and the release of the legal advice is pretty damming.

I think Sturgeon has a case to answer, Until now she has been the SNP's greatest asset will the public now see her as a liability if yes then she is gone.

A vote of no confidence can only be won if some on the SNP side with the opposition not sure they are ready to do that just yet but I expect more allegations are bound to emerge.

This is all very Scottish sport, just when it looked like independence was a real possibility from the jaws of victory they snatch defeat.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 04 Mar 21 5.45pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

The Lady Krankie is not for turning and put in a shift yesterday.

Polished, professional, knew her subject, above all not intimidated by legal trickery.

Able to say her government had made a mistake, never hostile.

It was easy to see how she had made it to the top.

Definitely not a scottish goalkeeper...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 04 Mar 21 7.10pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

The Lady Krankie is not for turning and put in a shift yesterday.

Polished, professional, knew her subject, above all not intimidated by legal trickery.

Able to say her government had made a mistake, never hostile.

It was easy to see how she had made it to the top.

Definitely not a scottish goalkeeper...

wee jimmy Krankie did her homework and had a catapult in her back pocket.

 


7 points from Manchester this season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 04 Mar 21 7.14pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

The Lady Krankie is not for turning and put in a shift yesterday.

Polished, professional, knew her subject, above all not intimidated by legal trickery.

Able to say her government had made a mistake, never hostile.

It was easy to see how she had made it to the top.

Definitely not a scottish goalkeeper...

George Would

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 04 Mar 21 7.48pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20


It was easy to see how she had made it to the top.

Definitely not a scottish goalkeeper...

She is good. Have to give that to her. And has her game honed to the 'nth degree.

Fronting this out all the way and it is clear that as things stand, has zero intention of resigning. Suspect that she would easily brush off a vote of no-confidence because those Nats are unlikely to back any opposition motions.

Have zero idea around how SNP internal disciplinary matters are structured so I guess we will see how it all pans out.

Would not be willing to bet money on her losing her job over this but I reckon damage has been done. The SNP are an odd bunch in that they really pushing lots of this 'woke' BS which puts them at odds with many of their own supporters and this idea of championing Brussels over Westminster is perhaps a lot more creaky than people in England realise.

SNP success is based on a loathing of England which does not always translate into a love of the EU. It is not a zero sum game.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 05 Mar 21 6.18am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

She is good. Have to give that to her. And has her game honed to the 'nth degree.

Fronting this out all the way and it is clear that as things stand, has zero intention of resigning. Suspect that she would easily brush off a vote of no-confidence because those Nats are unlikely to back any opposition motions.

Have zero idea around how SNP internal disciplinary matters are structured so I guess we will see how it all pans out.

Would not be willing to bet money on her losing her job over this but I reckon damage has been done. The SNP are an odd bunch in that they really pushing lots of this 'woke' BS which puts them at odds with many of their own supporters and this idea of championing Brussels over Westminster is perhaps a lot more creaky than people in England realise.

SNP success is based on a loathing of England which does not always translate into a love of the EU. It is not a zero sum game.

I think the James Hamilton report is key.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 19 Apr 21 4.28pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

One could hardly think of anything more helpful to the Independence cause than Westminster vetoing legislation passed by the scots in their own parliament.

But of course the tories have just done it.

Over 60% of the UK now supports indyref2 apparently.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Apr 21 4.53pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

One could hardly think of anything more helpful to the Independence cause than Westminster vetoing legislation passed by the scots in their own parliament.

But of course the tories have just done it.

Over 60% of the UK now supports indyref2 apparently.

Please clarify can't see mention in the media.

I noticed that Alex Salmond has now said that the Scots should have their own currency. I think last time this was the key area of confusion that lost them the vote.

If he can move the SNP in that direction it should be a major boost for them. Who would vote to leave the union when you have no idea what your currency will be.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 03 Dec 21 12.01pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Shell Oil quits new field to the cheers of the Greens and others.

How is Wee Jimmy going to spin this it was supposed to create a 1000 new jobs in Scotland. However she is in power now with the Greens so has to take their views into account an odd alliance.

Remember the SNP telling us it's Scottish oil and an independent Scotland will have a bonanza?

Not sure you can square this circle as the oil fields are harder to operate and more controversial due to climate change and yet Wee Jimmy is now claiming Scotland doesn't need it as they will use green technologies.

At some point the voters will realise that if you take oil out of it the sums don't add up.

[Link]

Edited by Badger11 (03 Dec 2021 12.02pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 03 Dec 21 3.21pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Shell Oil quits new field to the cheers of the Greens and others.

How is Wee Jimmy going to spin this it was supposed to create a 1000 new jobs in Scotland. However she is in power now with the Greens so has to take their views into account an odd alliance.

Remember the SNP telling us it's Scottish oil and an independent Scotland will have a bonanza?

Not sure you can square this circle as the oil fields are harder to operate and more controversial due to climate change and yet Wee Jimmy is now claiming Scotland doesn't need it as they will use green technologies.

At some point the voters will realise that if you take oil out of it the sums don't add up.

[Link]

Edited by Badger11 (03 Dec 2021 12.02pm)

Shell pulled out on economic grounds but environmentally oil and gas are not viable anymore also.

You are so 'Daily Mail' B, so out-of-date and fossil fuels.

The UKs largest offshore wind tower factory to be built in Scotland, 450 jobs 2023.

Scotland should fly with renewables, already enough to generate its own electricity.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 03 Dec 21 3.25pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Shell pulled out on economic grounds but environmentally oil and gas are not viable anymore also.

You are so 'Daily Mail' B, so out-of-date and fossil fuels.

The UKs largest offshore wind tower factory to be built in Scotland, 450 jobs 2023.

Scotland should fly with renewables, already enough to generate its own electricity.


While I regard this a question purely for the Scots I think that anyone with sense knows that it has to be a mixture of sources for a long time to come......if they make a stupid decision on energy as long as they don't come running to us I'm fine with it.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 9 << First< 5 6 7 8 9

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Independence