You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Independence
May 10 2021 6.17am

Scottish Independence

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 9 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 Feb 21 11.01am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I respect the desire for independence and would of course respect it without rancor if it actually happened (if it were fair to the rest of us).....though there are practical issues like defence that would require serious cooperation.

However, what I respect is true independence....leaving the UK just to join the EU super-state and obey whatever the German Chancellor thinks seems less about independence and more about hating the English.

Also continuing to use the sterling currency is trying to have your cake and eat it too and shouldn't be allowed.

Edited by Stirlingsays (28 Feb 2021 10.54am)

Yup it's just nonsense if you get divorced you would not allow your ex free access to your bank account and credit cards and to take out loans in your joint names.

That's what the SNP want they also expect to take very little of their share of the national debt.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 28 Feb 21 11.03am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Well Salmond has made some pretty damming allegations, essentially that there was a conspiracy between politicians, civil service, police and the Scottish law office to discredit him and subvert the cause of justice.

He also says that Scotland is not ready for independence under the current leadership, this could be a body blow to the SNP.

However his allegations so far are long on accusations and short on evidence which no doubt Wee Jimmy will point out next week. He does however say he has texts and witnesses that back it all up, we shall see.

If even half of what he says is true it essentially means that the SNP has been running Scotland as a one party state and interfering with due process and the independence of the civil service and justice system.

I suspect a lot of what he says has a ring of truth the question is who do the Scottish voters believe?

Latest polls show a big drop in support for independence not unexpected we will now see how good a politician Sturgeon is, can she survive this and get the "cause" back on track.

Badger, I think you're right in your suggestion that Salmond has enough dirt to dish on Sturgeon to, at least weaken her position, if not bring her down.

I would welcome the downfall of the SNP. They are poisonous and a blight on our United Kingdom. Ever since Sturgeon refused to accept the result of the 'once in a lifetime' referendum I have taken a dislike for all things Scottish, even giving up on Scotch whisky in favour of American and Welsh varieties.

What always fascinates me is why, if Scotland is such a wonderful place, so many of the folk move south of the border.
It seems to me that nearly every other voice over, news reporter, sports commentator etc has a Scottish accent.

Having said all that I love the country itself. Best driving roads in the UK.

 


Dad and I would watch games on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end, probably at the same time as Roy.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 28 Feb 21 11.06am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Badger, I think you're right in your suggestion that Salmond has enough dirt to dish on Sturgeon to, at least weaken her position, if not bring her down.

I would welcome the downfall of the SNP. They are poisonous and a blight on our United Kingdom. Ever since Sturgeon refused to accept the result of the 'once in a lifetime' referendum I have taken a dislike for all things Scottish, even giving up on Scotch whisky in favour of American and Welsh varieties.

What always fascinates me is why, if Scotland is such a wonderful place, so many of the folk move south of the border.
It seems to me that nearly every other voice over, news reporter, sports commentator etc has a Scottish accent.

Having said all that I love the country itself. Best driving roads in the UK.

I've worked all over the world through work - and even in the most remote spot they'll be a Caledonian Society.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 28 Feb 21 11.08am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Yup it's just nonsense if you get divorced you would not allow your ex free access to your bank account and credit cards and to take out loans in your joint names.

That's what the SNP want they also expect to take very little of their share of the national debt.

Seems an accurate summary to me.

Less Braveheart, more Fraudheart.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 Feb 21 11.39am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Badger, I think you're right in your suggestion that Salmond has enough dirt to dish on Sturgeon to, at least weaken her position, if not bring her down.

I would welcome the downfall of the SNP. They are poisonous and a blight on our United Kingdom. Ever since Sturgeon refused to accept the result of the 'once in a lifetime' referendum I have taken a dislike for all things Scottish, even giving up on Scotch whisky in favour of American and Welsh varieties.

What always fascinates me is why, if Scotland is such a wonderful place, so many of the folk move south of the border.
It seems to me that nearly every other voice over, news reporter, sports commentator etc has a Scottish accent.

Having said all that I love the country itself. Best driving roads in the UK.

They won't be doing that after independence they will be treated the same as any other country they can only come if they have the right qualifications.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 28 Feb 21 12.00pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Seems an accurate summary to me.

Less Braveheart, more Fraudheart.

Often itís more Loudfart from those in charge.
Iíve lived here for four years and havenít met any animosity (not to my face anyway) certainly nothing like the insults and ill feeling my wife got from certain factions when we lived in east London.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 28 Feb 21 12.24pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Often itís more Loudfart from those in charge.
Iíve lived here for four years and havenít met any animosity (not to my face anyway) certainly nothing like the insults and ill feeling my wife got from certain factions when we lived in east London.

The Scots are practically the same as us, similar to the British isles in general. However they are playing a dangerous game with the SNP....unless they actually want out. I do wish they would make their mind up.

East London....Well the exploiters and idealists are responsible for the destruction of its heritage. In many parts only the buildings remind you that it's supposed to be England.

Edited by Stirlingsays (28 Feb 2021 12.25pm)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nobody's Profile nobody Flag sussex 01 Mar 21 10.05am Send a Private Message to nobody Add nobody as a friend

Towards the end of my working life I worked for a Scottish Company in London.

To say that in general they were a bit racist towards the English would be an understatement. On a daily basis locals were put down ignored and generally regarded as inferior.

Luckily I was in a position to ignore most of it and was happy to come back to them with home truths.

Funnily enough being posted to London was the dream job for all of them.There was always much wailing and Gnashing of teeth when they were posted back north.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 Mar 21 10.10am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by nobody

Towards the end of my working life I worked for a Scottish Company in London.

To say that in general they were a bit racist towards the English would be an understatement. On a daily basis locals were put down ignored and generally regarded as inferior.

Luckily I was in a position to ignore most of it and was happy to come back to them with home truths.

Funnily enough being posted to London was the dream job for all of them.There was always much wailing and Gnashing of teeth when they were posted back north.

Back in the day when I worked in banking it was well know that the Scottish banks had a glass ceiling for the English. I'm sure that's gone now but it wasn't that long ago.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 Mar 21 10.27am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Back on the Salmond allegations either Alex is full of it and there is no smoking gun or he is playing a blinder. He says he has the evidence and will produce it this week.

If he has got the goods he knows how to twist the knife in he has built up his story with refusing to appear then dropping hints in the media and finally showing up.

I would imagine the political temperature in Jock Land is white hot at the moment.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 01 Mar 21 2.02pm Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Back on the Salmond allegations either Alex is full of it and there is no smoking gun or he is playing a blinder. He says he has the evidence and will produce it this week.

If he has got the goods he knows how to twist the knife in he has built up his story with refusing to appear then dropping hints in the media and finally showing up.

I would imagine the political temperature in Jock Land is white hot at the moment.

He's going to look a complete t*** if he doesn't back up his allegations with something quite solid. Hopefully we will see what he's got soon.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 01 Mar 21 2.32pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

He's going to look a complete t*** if he doesn't back up his allegations with something quite solid. Hopefully we will see what he's got soon.

He definitely has something over them. Problem is that I am not sure how he can be paid off? They clearly cannot offer him a job in the Scottish Government and not sure what kind of powers they hold in terms of appointing people to international positions (the EU and to a lesser extent NATO where always the great dumping grounds for any problematic political type who knew far too many skeletons in cupboards to just be left by the wayside but neither of them fall under the remit of the Scotch Government).

I think he wants Sturgeon to sweat. To have her, and her husband, dangling on a hook. This is sheer vindictiveness now.

Amusing to watch. Question is does Salmond truly want an independent Scotland or does he loath Wee Nicky so much that he will effectively destroy her and potentially damage the SNP for years to come?

Scottish politics is a toxic cess-pool at the best of times so I am going for the almost Shakespearian drama of it all and Salmond looking to destroy the top echelons of the SNP. It already has structural problems in terms of opposition to its wokeness so this could split it in half.

However, and this is me going out on a limb here, I wonder if Westminster is dangling a lucrative job in front of Salmond's nose? Wheels within wheels.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 9 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Independence