You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World
January 29 2023 8.01pm

Post EU World

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 152 of 154 < 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 >

 

View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Jan 23 6.48pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

I am pretty sure the EU commissions record, or indeed anybody's record, compares favourably with the UK government.

Even Jordan Ayew has a better record than them.


Rwanda’s record? If favourable with ours then what is the problem?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 03 Jan 23 10.09pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Rwanda’s record? If favourable with ours then what is the problem?

Well, one is that The Government hasn’t been able to successfully select anyone suitable to get on a flight.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 04 Jan 23 9.46am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Have you on here?
CP, Orange man for starters, never admitted any mistakes by the EU, it was all Brexit bad man

Can you point to one other remainer on here that has posted that the EU has made mistakes?

Edited by Spiderman (03 Jan 2023 6.54pm)

Edited by Spiderman (03 Jan 2023 7.07pm)

There was never an argument that the EU is perfect or even particularly brilliant - go and read the original Brexit thread and you'll see how ridiculous an assertion that is. A total straw man.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 04 Jan 23 9.47am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Well, one is that The Government hasn’t been able to successfully select anyone suitable to get on a flight.

Everyone knows the policy will fail, with another few hundred million wasted, but at least it gets them good headlines in the Daily Mail.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 04 Jan 23 10.09am Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

There was never an argument that the EU is perfect or even particularly brilliant - go and read the original Brexit thread and you'll see how ridiculous an assertion that is. A total straw man.

Can you give us an idea of the shortcomings that you see in the EU.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 18 Jan 23 4.57pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Brexit is to blame for the collapse of the British electric car battery start-up Britishvolt causing hundreds of job losses, according to former Conservative leader Lord William Hague.

The Tory grandee said the failure of the company – which had plans to build a giga-factory in Northumberland – was “part of the damage” of the UK’s exit from the EU.

Britishvolt made the majority of its 300 staff redundant on Wednesday after appointing administrators when it failed to raise enough funding for its Cambois site.

Lord Hague added: “So that’s part of the damage that’s been done by leaving the EU.”

This is quite serious, the EU is up and running with these plants
but we are not, and it takes 5 years to get one going, how could such a plant not succeed but investors not interested.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Jan 23 12.08pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Brexit is to blame for the collapse of the British electric car battery start-up Britishvolt causing hundreds of job losses, according to former Conservative leader Lord William Hague.

The Tory grandee said the failure of the company – which had plans to build a giga-factory in Northumberland – was “part of the damage” of the UK’s exit from the EU.

Britishvolt made the majority of its 300 staff redundant on Wednesday after appointing administrators when it failed to raise enough funding for its Cambois site.

Lord Hague added: “So that’s part of the damage that’s been done by leaving the EU.”

This is quite serious, the EU is up and running with these plants
but we are not, and it takes 5 years to get one going, how could such a plant not succeed but investors not interested.


Yup nothing to do with starting up a battery business without a major financial backer e.g. car manufacturer.

Nothing to do with Brexit all to do with electric cars and bad management.

Edited by Badger11 (19 Jan 2023 12.10pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Jan 23 12.21pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Croatia update after adopting the euro.

[Link]

What a surprise price gauging takes me back to the good old days of decimalisation when 1d became 1p.

I was in Croatia about 6 months ago I was surprised that the local shops etc were not interested in taking euros at that point. Still as a country relying on tourism I can see the sense.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 20 Jan 23 9.38pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

There are big questions about the future of the British electric car industry.

In January 2022 Boris Johnson hailed the “EV battery pioneer” for planning to create “thousands of jobs”. Less than a year later, Johnson is out of Downing Street, Britishvolt is bankrupt, and the future of the UK car industry is under serious threat.

The most likely outcome?

They will have to be made and imported, from the EU with obvious price and competitiveness problems.

The sky is falling in for the UK car industry unless a rapid effective solution can be found.

Investors into a UK project do not any longer, have access to the EU single market.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 20 Jan 23 9.59pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

There are big questions about the future of the British electric car industry.

In January 2022 Boris Johnson hailed the “EV battery pioneer” for planning to create “thousands of jobs”. Less than a year later, Johnson is out of Downing Street, Britishvolt is bankrupt, and the future of the UK car industry is under serious threat.

The most likely outcome?

They will have to be made and imported, from the EU with obvious price and competitiveness problems.

The sky is falling in for the UK car industry unless a rapid effective solution can be found.

Investors into a UK project do not any longer, have access to the EU single market.

Is that because the EU is a price-fixing, protectionist, monopolising racket?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 21 Jan 23 8.23pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Stranded seal pup rescued after being spotted outside kebab shop in Norfolk.

Marine and Wildlife Rescue called to scene at 11pm on Friday and tracked down seal outside amusement arcade.

Even I have to admit that this is a major benefit of leaving the EU.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 21 Jan 23 9.48pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Will someone tell Steeleye that we voted to leave the EU nearly 7 years ago and the war is over and he is entitled to a demob suit.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 152 of 154 < 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World