You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World
April 10 2021 8.23pm

Post EU World

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 49 of 49 First< 45 46 47 48 49

 

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Mar 21 9.08pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

And repeat!

Just in case someone missed it mate, and that old chestnut if you say it enough times it must be true!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 27 Mar 21 9.08pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

I never gave it, or brexit, any time at all.

And Raab wants us to come back to it in 10 years, when the culprits have fled back to the shires.

Worse than Suez, a trend started and completed by the conservative party.

A glance at a map shows us as a little dot of an island on the edge of europe, once Great Britain.

You will need a microscope to see us in a few years such is the decline.

Surely old fashioned crypto-communists like you welcome the alleged decline of Britain - a 'little dot' that is the 5th largest economy in the world.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 28 Mar 21 6.13am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Just in case someone missed it mate, and that old chestnut if you say it enough times it must be true!

Its true about the over spend but the point is where would this have got us if the incentive for the manufacturers wasn't there. It was and still is a free for all for supplies, ppe and the population who can get away with it. Im not advocating overspending my money,I'm advocating it was correct to look at health and protection over money. I don't see your criticism of our spend on vaccines and I reckon its because that was money well spent and it actually has and is saving lives. The ppe could and did the same. You and ma have had the jab and I would hazard a guess you would or may have used a supplied mask or hand sanitiser on arrival for said jab. Its hypocritical to then blast the one supplying it. Your point is purely a political one as you have a personal grudge against hmg. Sometimes you have to be more holistic and zoom out and see the bigger picture for certain situations!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 28 Mar 21 5.44pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Its true about the over spend but the point is where would this have got us if the incentive for the manufacturers wasn't there. It was and still is a free for all for supplies, ppe and the population who can get away with it. Im not advocating overspending my money,I'm advocating it was correct to look at health and protection over money. I don't see your criticism of our spend on vaccines and I reckon its because that was money well spent and it actually has and is saving lives. The ppe could and did the same. You and ma have had the jab and I would hazard a guess you would or may have used a supplied mask or hand sanitiser on arrival for said jab. Its hypocritical to then blast the one supplying it. Your point is purely a political one as you have a personal grudge against hmg. Sometimes you have to be more holistic and zoom out and see the bigger picture for certain situations!


The point is, i would rather they paid the going rate, 2.5 billion, and spent the other 10 billion they shared out amongst their friends and companies they have shares in, so you and yours could have had the vacines earlier mate, hopefully its soon going to be a distant memory and we can get back to some sort of normal, is the plumbing game booming? I heard it is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 28 Mar 21 6.58pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


The point is, i would rather they paid the going rate, 2.5 billion, and spent the other 10 billion they shared out amongst their friends and companies they have shares in, so you and yours could have had the vacines earlier mate, hopefully its soon going to be a distant memory and we can get back to some sort of normal, is the plumbing game booming? I heard it is.

So would I cp obviously, its our tax dollars but as I said lives were saved by both the ppe and purchase of the vaccines. Im sure it wasn't 'shared' out intentionally and some other high profile political figures of all colours have benefitted.
Any how im a pipe fitter; a plumber is a pipe fitter with his head kicked in
I said before I don't work for myself I'm a paye building service engineer looking after offices,schools, gyms,big residential sites etc. Mainly boilers (some as big as a car and bigger) and associated plant so I don't benefit from cash jobs im afraid!
I should do though as there is dough to be earned and im good, I always wanted the security though what with a family and as paye I get sick pay, holiday pay, pension and a van and tools.
Whats not to like when someone else has to find my work

Edited by cryrst (28 Mar 2021 6.59pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 28 Mar 21 7.50pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

So would I cp obviously, its our tax dollars but as I said lives were saved by both the ppe and purchase of the vaccines. Im sure it wasn't 'shared' out intentionally and some other high profile political figures of all colours have benefitted.
Any how im a pipe fitter; a plumber is a pipe fitter with his head kicked in
I said before I don't work for myself I'm a paye building service engineer looking after offices,schools, gyms,big residential sites etc. Mainly boilers (some as big as a car and bigger) and associated plant so I don't benefit from cash jobs im afraid!
I should do though as there is dough to be earned and im good, I always wanted the security though what with a family and as paye I get sick pay, holiday pay, pension and a van and tools.
Whats not to like when someone else has to find my work

Edited by cryrst (28 Mar 2021 6.59pm)


Ha Ha, head kicked in, the pipefitters on the sites i was on back in the day were definately capable of that, bruisers most of them. Yes, paye might be the best way to go in the future, once the back log has been cleared, lots of self employed might struggle, especially when the cash claw back begins.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 29 Mar 21 4.58am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


Ha Ha, head kicked in, the pipefitters on the sites i was on back in the day were definately capable of that, bruisers most of them. Yes, paye might be the best way to go in the future, once the back log has been cleared, lots of self employed might struggle, especially when the cash claw back begins.

The claw back being legitimate if its been claimed fraudulently which you must agree is correct. Tax rises are inevitable and unavoidable though. Spending on this c19 has been huge even without the
'Wasted' as you say and i have some agreement;money on ppe and track and trace. Albeit only about 10% of the spend.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 29 Mar 21 3.16pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

The claw back being legitimate if its been claimed fraudulently which you must agree is correct. Tax rises are inevitable and unavoidable though. Spending on this c19 has been huge even without the
'Wasted' as you say and i have some agreement;money on ppe and track and trace. Albeit only about 10% of the spend.

Yes,its going to be a tough time ahead whether self employed or paye, just glad i"m not starting out leaving school now! You were up early mate, suprised you arent having a siesta now, thats just what i"m going to do!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davenotamonkey's Profile davenotamonkey Flag 29 Mar 21 11.03pm Send a Private Message to davenotamonkey Add davenotamonkey as a friend

"...our European friends and neighbours"

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 49 of 49 First< 45 46 47 48 49

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World