You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US politics
February 8 2023 6.56am

US politics

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 362 of 369 < 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 25 Jan 23 2.20pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Thatís only because of the way Trump thought he was above the law and refused to cooperate. The odd oversight raises questions about the system. Deliberate retention is in another category.

Pure shameless and quite indefensible TDS.

There is seemingly no double standard you aren't prepared to enact to justify your hatred of someone you have actually never met. You have no knowledge of these actual events yet time and time again we see the same behaviour from you.

It's classic neurotic behaviour.

Maple thinks you're his 'granite shoreline', however all you do on this forum is display how shot full of holes you are....there's no reasonable argument only justifications for hating Trump. Someone who isn't even the favourite to gain the Republican ticket and in my estimation shouldn't.

Indeed, if you were a ship you'd be holed below the waterline.

On the whole, just about anyone is 'holier than thou' at the moment.

Hold those apples.

Edited by Stirlingsays (25 Jan 2023 2.23pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 25 Jan 23 2.28pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It wonít be a surprise to anyone that I donít follow Jimmy Dore! Indeed I am only barely aware of his existence, let alone his politics. So I did some research. He seems strangely popular with the right and not at all with the soft left, though a few on the wierd left appear more tolerant. The general view seems to be that he is another one milking prejudice and on that alone not anyone I am unlikely to be paying him much attention. You can read some opinions on him here:-

[Link]

Well, he literally spat in the face of Alex Jones and the same type of people loved him for it.

Jimmy Dore isn't of the right, the same as Russell Brand isn't of the right. The very idea that because they hold some views, that some on the right agree with only speaks to the fact that they are a part of the left which actually gives a damn over the truth of something winning over political bias.

There are always topics that people can agree on, they are anti the form of globalism you love. Lots of people from different political areas can agree on that.....You know, people who actually give a damn about the working classes for one.

The fact that he isn't liked by the kind of people you....the 'one nation conservative' prefer to listen to is all anyone needs to know.

Edited by Stirlingsays (25 Jan 2023 5.30pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Jan 23 11.35pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Pure shameless and quite indefensible TDS.

There is seemingly no double standard you aren't prepared to enact to justify your hatred of someone you have actually never met. You have no knowledge of these actual events yet time and time again we see the same behaviour from you.

It's classic neurotic behaviour.

Maple thinks you're his 'granite shoreline', however all you do on this forum is display how shot full of holes you are....there's no reasonable argument only justificaltions for hating Trump. Someone who isn't even the favourite to gain the Republican ticket and in my estimation shouldn't.

Indeed, if you were a ship you'd be holed below the waterline.

On the whole, just about anyone is 'holier than thou' at the moment.

Hold those apples.

Edited by Stirlingsays (25 Jan 2023 2.23pm)

What a surprise!

Another bucket load of ad hominems instead of reasoned answers.

If you cannot see the huge difference between what Trump has done and Biden, Pence etc have done then I genuinely pity you. You are so blinded by prejudice that the completely obvious escapes you.

What is to be done about Trump has nothing at all to do with whether he runs again. It has only to do with the law. Deliberately flouting the law and obstructing it has to result in due process. So do mistakes. Itís that the process wonít produce the same result.

As I have said many times I donít hate Trump. I hate the situation in which someone as clearly unsuited to high office can attain it.

I donít like Trump, but he is a product of his upbringing and deserves pity rather than hatred. People like him need to be found out much earlier, punished and then rehabilitated. He is a failure of society.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Jan 23 11.49pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Well, he literally spat in the face of Alex Jones and the same type of people loved him for it.

Jimmy Dore isn't of the right, the same as Russell Brand isn't of the right. The very idea that because they hold some views, that some on the right agree with only speaks to the fact that they are a part of the left which actually gives a damn over the truth of something winning over political bias.

There are always topics that people can agree on, they are anti the form of globalism you love. Lots of people from different political areas can agree on that.....You know, people who actually give a damn about the working classes for one.

The fact that he isn't liked by the kind of people you....the 'one nation conservative' prefer to listen to is all anyone needs to know.

Edited by Stirlingsays (25 Jan 2023 5.30pm)

It seems to me that both Brand and Dore are cut from the same cloth.

Both, allegedly, were comedians who built their reputations by taking ďprogressiveĒ positions.

They both though are actually grifters who have tapped into the appetite of the right for people with their background supporting the kind of things they believe in. They both spread populist conspiracy theories and have carved out a mass of revenue producing followers by so doing.

It might be smart, but it isnít clever.

The fact that you follow both says all that anyone needs to know.

They fit right into the centre of the self opinionated, unedited, muck spreading ranks of basement conspiracy theorists that you seem to think are replacements for real investigative journalism.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Jan 23 12.26am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It seems to me that both Brand and Dore are cut from the same cloth.

Both, allegedly, were comedians who built their reputations by taking ďprogressiveĒ positions.

They both though are actually grifters who have tapped into the appetite of the right for people with their background supporting the kind of things they believe in. They both spread populist conspiracy theories and have carved out a mass of revenue producing followers by so doing.

It might be smart, but it isnít clever.

The fact that you follow both says all that anyone needs to know.

They fit right into the centre of the self opinionated, unedited, muck spreading ranks of basement conspiracy theorists that you seem to think are replacements for real investigative journalism.

Maybe you're been sunning yourself on the top deck and the heat's got to your noggin.

The idea that Brand - a multi millionaire - is a grifter is about as ignorant a suggestion as I've heard from you since....well your last post.

Your talent for fatuous commentary is just about award winning.

Your can't point out inaccuracies so you just spread your post with aimless vindictiveness.

By the way genius, Brand and Dore are both edited and have lawyers. So considering how much you've gone on about those points I guess they must now suddenly count as purveyors of the truth.

Edited by Stirlingsays (26 Jan 2023 12.27am)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Jan 23 12.29am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

What a surprise!

Another bucket load of ad hominems instead of reasoned answers.

If you cannot see the huge difference between what Trump has done and Biden, Pence etc have done then I genuinely pity you. You are so blinded by prejudice that the completely obvious escapes you.

What is to be done about Trump has nothing at all to do with whether he runs again. It has only to do with the law. Deliberately flouting the law and obstructing it has to result in due process. So do mistakes. Itís that the process wonít produce the same result.

As I have said many times I donít hate Trump. I hate the situation in which someone as clearly unsuited to high office can attain it.

I donít like Trump, but he is a product of his upbringing and deserves pity rather than hatred. People like him need to be found out much earlier, punished and then rehabilitated. He is a failure of society.

He's your soulmate.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 26 Jan 23 1.05am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It seems to me that both Brand and Dore are cut from the same cloth.

Both, allegedly, were comedians who built their reputations by taking ďprogressiveĒ positions.

They both though are actually grifters who have tapped into the appetite of the right for people with their background supporting the kind of things they believe in. They both spread populist conspiracy theories and have carved out a mass of revenue producing followers by so doing.

It might be smart, but it isnít clever.

The fact that you follow both says all that anyone needs to know.

They fit right into the centre of the self opinionated, unedited, muck spreading ranks of basement conspiracy theorists that you seem to think are replacements for real investigative journalism.

Zelensky was a comedian. It can be that sense and comedy can overlap.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Jan 23 8.28am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Maybe you're been sunning yourself on the top deck and the heat's got to your noggin.

The idea that Brand - a multi millionaire - is a grifter is about as ignorant a suggestion as I've heard from you since....well your last post.

Your talent for fatuous commentary is just about award winning.

Your can't point out inaccuracies so you just spread your post with aimless vindictiveness.

By the way genius, Brand and Dore are both edited and have lawyers. So considering how much you've gone on about those points I guess they must now suddenly count as purveyors of the truth.

Edited by Stirlingsays (26 Jan 2023 12.27am)

Brand might well now be a multi millionaire but he wasnít until he discovered how to monetise the prejudices of people like you and produce content they eagerly lap up to sustain their biases. His career was going nowhere until he saw how others were milning a newly discovered vein of dissatisfaction and decided to join in.

Both Brand and Dore depend for their income on people watching them. Itís what they do. Finding a new script that brings in the audience is nothing new in their world. Whatís new is people believing that the scripts are real.

So far as I know neither have editorial oversight. Both livestream. They may well decide the subject but what they do is offer opinions on the opinions of others. They donít have teams of people behind them doing the investigative work, or fact checking the validity of the work of others. The only editing might be the post production removal of any content likely to be in legal jeopardy. Thatís not what I mean by editing.

They are both, at best, entertainers. So long as they are regarded as such, no problem. As soon as they start getting thought of as producing more than entertainment we start to enter the territory first occupied by Trump. We ought to have all learned that lesson.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Jan 23 8.38am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Zelensky was a comedian. It can be that sense and comedy can overlap.

He was and he was regarded as a joke by many as a consequence.

It was him who was embroiled by Trumpís attempts to find dirt on Biden and clearly out of his depth.

I have no idea who is actually deciding day to day policy in Ukraine but most of it is, in any case, reactionary rather than proactive. Zelensky is the face but who is writing the scripts isnít clear. Nor does it matter, so long as they are sensible and followed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 27 Jan 23 4.20am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Brand might well now be a multi millionaire but he wasnít until he discovered how to monetise the prejudices of people like you and produce content they eagerly lap up to sustain their biases. His career was going nowhere until he saw how others were milning a newly discovered vein of dissatisfaction and decided to join in.

Both Brand and Dore depend for their income on people watching them. Itís what they do. Finding a new script that brings in the audience is nothing new in their world. Whatís new is people believing that the scripts are real.

So far as I know neither have editorial oversight. Both livestream. They may well decide the subject but what they do is offer opinions on the opinions of others. They donít have teams of people behind them doing the investigative work, or fact checking the validity of the work of others. The only editing might be the post production removal of any content likely to be in legal jeopardy. Thatís not what I mean by editing.

They are both, at best, entertainers. So long as they are regarded as such, no problem. As soon as they start getting thought of as producing more than entertainment we start to enter the territory first occupied by Trump. We ought to have all learned that lesson.

Just how out of the loop are you? You actually think that Brand became a multi millionaire from monetizing online political content? I doubt he makes enough money from that to cover what he spends on it.

You seriously have no idea about the things you waffle on about.

I can't believe I have to tell you this but Brand became a multi millionaire from being a comedian and starring in successful Hollywood movies.

Even on the editing point you just have no idea what you're talking about. If you had actually watched Brand you'd in fact know that he does have a team behind him both legal and investigative......That's what being a multi millionaire brings.

You really should know what you're talking about if you are going to make claims.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 27 Jan 23 3.57pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Defund the police will be back on the agenda [Link]

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 27 Jan 23 4.06pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Just how out of the loop are you? You actually think that Brand became a multi millionaire from monetizing online political content? I doubt he makes enough money from that to cover what he spends on it.

You seriously have no idea about the things you waffle on about.

I can't believe I have to tell you this but Brand became a multi millionaire from being a comedian and starring in successful Hollywood movies.

Even on the editing point you just have no idea what you're talking about. If you had actually watched Brand you'd in fact know that he does have a team behind him both legal and investigative......That's what being a multi millionaire brings.

You really should know what you're talking about if you are going to make claims.

Apparently he stays a multi-millionaire principally through his YouTube activity. But nobody seems to quite know. I think it is true it is massively in his interests to create a stir to get people to watch his YouTube videos and read his books. That always worries me in anyone that claims to be a unique purveyor of truth.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 362 of 369 < 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US politics