You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Boris on holiday in Marbs-why not support gb?
October 20 2021 2.16am

Boris on holiday in Marbs-why not support gb?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 11 Oct 21 3.00pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

And when that's gone in 9 years with inflation then what?
You can't just keep throwing money at things by shelving projects which will advance the country.
Have you seen Europe's train network. Makes ours look like Stephensons rocket.
The policy you want to implement of giving giving giving takes money and pain for the givers. Do you admit many on welfare could help themselves and if so propose how that could be done. Cosy little existence for many on the back of my graft. Piss taking oxygen theives need stopping doing it. I've already said I know there are also many who can't work and need help. You can call me callous or far right but if you ran your own budget as you want hmg to you would be potless in 3 years.

Do you ever think your anger is targeted at the wrong people? Who might have an interest in convincing you that the poorest in society should bear the brunt of your frustration?

40% of people on universal credit are in work. The fact wages have not even come close to matching inflation over decades is not their fault, and it's very clear who has been benefitting during that time.

Is it right that people who are genuinely struggling to make ends meet or feed their families should go without just in case there is some people who take the piss? Or you think everyone should starve just in case there are some chancers?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 11 Oct 21 3.36pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Pushing people into poverty is economically illiterate.

We should not be doing this in 2021 with its history of failure, what is the economy for if not our people.

One thing we could actually do is re-direct QE to poorer families, giving them money to spend and stimulating demand, Keynesian theory.

QE has not been causing inflation this time.

Forget high wages, it means rising inflation prices and therefore uncompetitive, unless you could make huge productivity gains at which I'm afraid we are spectacularly bad.

The biggest problem we have is not being in the single market imo, we are no longer competitive with europe.

Maintaining an empirical fantasy in the South China Sea, ill-thought out projects like HS2, corruption, still lords and ladies and serfs, and brexit itself which is clearly going to be ruinous.

Looking at Tony Robinson re-visiting Suez last night I was struck how similar the circumstances are now.

In that case the economy could no longer bear the cost of the war, but we haven't really learnt its lesson well enough.

A Prime Minister, Eden, vain and totally uncomprehending of the real world situation, blustering and deceiving everybody, who does he remind you of?


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 11 Oct 21 3.51pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Pushing people into poverty is economically illiterate.

We should not be doing this in 2021 with its history of failure, what is the economy for if not our people.

One thing we could actually do is re-direct QE to poorer families, giving them money to spend and stimulating demand, Keynesian theory.

QE has not been causing inflation this time.

Forget high wages, it means rising inflation prices and therefore uncompetitive, unless you could make huge productivity gains at which I'm afraid we are spectacularly bad.

The biggest problem we have is not being in the single market imo, we are no longer competitive with europe.

Maintaining an empirical fantasy in the South China Sea, ill-thought out projects like HS2, corruption, still lords and ladies and serfs, and brexit itself which is clearly going to be ruinous.

Looking at Tony Robinson re-visiting Suez last night I was struck how similar the circumstances are now.

In that case the economy could no longer bear the cost of the war, but we haven't really learnt its lesson well enough.

A Prime Minister, Eden, vain and totally uncomprehending of the real world situation, blustering and deceiving everybody, who does he remind you of?


The Suez went like clockwork. The issue was the USA and Middle Eastern States colluding to cut off the oil. Really, Britain should have a huge issue with the US over that. It wasn't money, in the way you state, or at all the same as today, and I tend not to listen to the current revisionism to suit current agendas.
If you only fight the wars you can afford then Willkommen meine Freund. And whatever the equivalent is in Chinese.
Some wars have more than monetary value but if everyone wants to live under Chinese rule, either in the South China Sea, Asia or Europe, then fair enough. Because that's the outcome of doing nothing.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 11 Oct 21 6.52pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Bitter old man, inherited the title from Ted Heath.

Once upon a time he had an interesting view point but once he was rejected by the Tory party as their leader he became more and more ridiculous especially his utterings over Brexit.

Nothing wrong in supporting leave but he was one of many senior politicians that refused to accept his side lost. I stopped listening to him after that, perhaps he can find a telephone box for him and Major and Blair they could start their own party..

Edited by Badger11 (11 Oct 2021 12.06pm)

Heseltine was the best leader the Tories, and the country, never had. If he had been chosen, we would not be in the mess we are now.

I met him once, and integrity shone from him like a beacon of hope. I don't think he is personally bitter. He is very sad, disillusioned and disappointed at the direction taken by his Party and the consequences for our country.

Him, Major and Blair stand miles above anything we now have. The current lot are minnows in a sea full of sharks. Out of their depth, in the wrong kind of water, with the tide against them, just hoping that something turns up to save them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 11 Oct 21 7.36pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

And when that's gone in 9 years with inflation then what?
You can't just keep throwing money at things by shelving projects which will advance the country.
Have you seen Europe's train network. Makes ours look like Stephensons rocket.
The policy you want to implement of giving giving giving takes money and pain for the givers. Do you admit many on welfare could help themselves and if so propose how that could be done. Cosy little existence for many on the back of my graft. Piss taking oxygen theives need stopping doing it. I've already said I know there are also many who can't work and need help. You can call me callous or far right but if you ran your own budget as you want hmg to you would be potless in 3 years.

To actually advance the countries railways you would scrap HS2 altogether.

As there is no money, after HS32, to fully electrify the network, to improve connectivity, the passengers experience and most importantly the rolling stock.

HS2 does not connect to any airport or europe it is not environmentally friendly either.

Its an absurd fantasy the distances are too short for bullet trains, at most you may get 30 minutes faster but we all know it is just not like that.

From 40 billions originally they are now talking 150 billions, imagine how much that is.

It looks like some of it may be delayed or not going ahead.

If it is then hopefully some sanity will prevail.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 11 Oct 21 7.38pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Heseltine was the best leader the Tories, and the country, never had. If he had been chosen, we would not be in the mess we are now.

I met him once, and integrity shone from him like a beacon of hope. I don't think he is personally bitter. He is very sad, disillusioned and disappointed at the direction taken by his Party and the consequences for our country.

Him, Major and Blair stand miles above anything we now have. The current lot are minnows in a sea full of sharks. Out of their depth, in the wrong kind of water, with the tide against them, just hoping that something turns up to save them.

As a socialist supporter I do endorse your view of Michael Heseltine I also liked Ted Heath, a man tested by events this lot will hopefully never encounter.

God help us if they do.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 11 Oct 21 9.09pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Do you ever think your anger is targeted at the wrong people? Who might have an interest in convincing you that the poorest in society should bear the brunt of your frustration?

40% of people on universal credit are in work. The fact wages have not even come close to matching inflation over decades is not their fault, and it's very clear who has been benefitting during that time.

Is it right that people who are genuinely struggling to make ends meet or feed their families should go without just in case there is some people who take the piss? Or you think everyone should starve just in case there are some chancers?

I'm not angry I'm a realist. How long can you keep giving when the pot is not filling up as quickly as its emptying. look at your reaction to the NI rise and lack of pay rise for nurses.
I've said I know many need help, My question is how to stop the ones taking. Unfortunatly they could be part of the reason that UC temporary payments are stopping. Too many free loaders. 1 million job vacancies atm and many unemployed more than capable.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 11 Oct 21 9.12pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Heseltine was the best leader the Tories, and the country, never had. If he had been chosen, we would not be in the mess we are now.

I met him once, and integrity shone from him like a beacon of hope. I don't think he is personally bitter. He is very sad, disillusioned and disappointed at the direction taken by his Party and the consequences for our country.

Him, Major and Blair stand miles above anything we now have. The current lot are minnows in a sea full of sharks. Out of their depth, in the wrong kind of water, with the tide against them, just hoping that something turns up to save them.

You didn't want brexit did you? If heseltine said he was for it you wouldn't even post about him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 11 Oct 21 9.27pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

You didn't want brexit did you? If heseltine said he was for it you wouldn't even post about him.

As Heseltine has, like me, always understood the need for us to participate in the European project, there was nil chance of him ever being in favour of Brexit.

Heseltine is a long-term strategic thinker with clarity of purpose etched into everything he does.

If he was for Brexit he wouldn't be Heseltine. The two are mutually exclusive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 12 Oct 21 5.35am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

As Heseltine has, like me, always understood the need for us to participate in the European project, there was nil chance of him ever being in favour of Brexit.

Heseltine is a long-term strategic thinker with clarity of purpose etched into everything he does.

If he was for Brexit he wouldn't be Heseltine. The two are mutually exclusive.

OK so are any mps who voted or promoted brexit worth your time?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Oct 21 12.06pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

OK so are any mps who voted or promoted brexit worth your time?

Depends on what, but many are, in Jim Royle's memorable quip, "not worth the steam off my p*ss".

Those who put their own interests first because they feared UKIP, failed to do their primary duty of using their conscience to determine the best interests of their constituents, if they believed leaving was a mistake. Many come in this spineless category.

People like Jacob Rees-Mogg, Bill Cash, Mark Francois, Priti Patel, Suella Braverman, etc etc ought to be locked in the Tower until convicted as traitors.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ghostship's Profile Ghostship Flag Norfolk 12 Oct 21 1.10pm Send a Private Message to Ghostship Add Ghostship as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Depends on what, but many are, in Jim Royle's memorable quip, "not worth the steam off my p*ss".

Those who put their own interests first because they feared UKIP, failed to do their primary duty of using their conscience to determine the best interests of their constituents, if they believed leaving was a mistake. Many come in this spineless category.

People like Jacob Rees-Mogg, Bill Cash, Mark Francois, Priti Patel, Suella Braverman, etc etc ought to be locked in the Tower until convicted as traitors.

On the subject of locking people in the tower they could be joined by the traitors that call themselves British Citizens who waved the EU flag in front of the Houses Of Parliament or at events such as the Proms. Truly despicable people

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Boris on holiday in Marbs-why not support gb?