You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > John Textor
December 9 2022 6.00am

John Textor

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 20 Nov 22 9.09am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays
&#8312;
I keep hearing about this massive money backing the club.....Still, even when they finish refitting Selhurst we'll have a lower capacity than Leeds do now.....So, while I'm not ungrateful we aren't shooting for any stars here.

Also, we have been very sensible in our transfers and invested in good up and coming players. However, it would be nice if some of this big player money resulted in a couple of stars coming here.

Edited by Stirlingsays (19 Nov 2022 10.11pm)

Selhurst is a very slow work in progress. Restricted by a far from supportive local authority, a hostile local community and sensible prudent management. It will be a proper size but I'm questioning whether I will live to see it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 20 Nov 22 9.17am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

For sure its easy to forget that there are plenty of clubs in the footballing pyramid that are a lot worse off than us.

Originally posted by Badger11

I read IntotheValley their fan forum. They are complaining on there that Danish Dave has cut back spending on the various youth teams, so parents have to wash their own kit, there is not enough kit etc.

Charlton have a good track record of bringing young players through so this is an opportunity to do some poaching, they are not happy at the Valley.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 20 Nov 22 9.21am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Why, and like whom? I think the club should aim for a wage structure that avoids the travesty of the likes of Benteke, another player hyped up to be that which he is not and with a crazy wage to match. Also, realistically any true star performer won't be coming to Palace if there are other higher placed clubs involved offering more money.

100% correct

 



Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Nov 22 12.23pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Why, and like whom? I think the club should aim for a wage structure that avoids the travesty of the likes of Benteke, another player hyped up to be that which he is not and with a crazy wage to match. Also, realistically any true star performer won't be coming to Palace if there are other higher placed clubs involved offering more money.

Well apparently we have big money backing us. How is that different to Man City for example? As for whom, I'm hardly a scout.

What I would like is some clarity I suppose.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Nov 22 12.25pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

Selhurst is a very slow work in progress. Restricted by a far from supportive local authority, a hostile local community and sensible prudent management. It will be a proper size but I'm questioning whether I will live to see it.

Well, let's hope you do and see many matches there.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 20 Nov 22 1.16pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

A friend of my kid brother is in some way connected with the youth set up at Charlton (I think he is assistant to the manager of one of the younger teams, 8 / 9 10 year olds) anyway he was complaining that if a London based kid shows lots of potential at that age there is a real struggle to keep them at Charlton because of the money from PL top 6 clubs, then the draw of the new Palace academy, yes he specifically mentioned the Palace academy as becoming a major headache because when Parents bring their kids to Palace, they get a good vibe from the tour, the set up, the senior coaches at the Academy & the possibilities of a route to the first team & more recently the experience's of Plange, getting moved out to other clubs in the same football family, so for sure its having the desired effect further down the tree - as the years go by if it continues to be managed properly for sure both the academy & this multi club set up could be the pathway to a brighter future for Palace -


Chelsea had six starters the other day from their academy so it shows academies can work. Even if only 3% make it into the premier, that would still be about 3 a year for us moving forward. So hopefully that will prove a good investment for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 20 Nov 22 3.22pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I keep hearing about this massive money backing the club.....Still, even when they finish refitting Selhurst we'll have a lower capacity than Leeds do now.....So, while I'm not ungrateful we aren't shooting for any stars here.

Also, we have been very sensible in our transfers and invested in good up and coming players. However, it would be nice if some of this big player money resulted in a couple of stars coming here.

Edited by Stirlingsays (19 Nov 2022 10.11pm)

Define '' massive '' !

My definition would be in the City, Newcastle state owned bracket, and the likes of Chelsea. We have had a lot of money invested into the club but it's still not on a par with, for example, Bloom's bankrolling of Brighton or the Dildo Brothers at West Ham.

Elland Road is not in the middle of a built up area. We are limited with what we can do at Selhurst Park. The proposed new stand will certainly increase corporate revenue and enable an improvement on what is currently on offer.

As for signing so called stars, history tells us that it doesn't usually work out for Palace - Benteke and Sakho being recent examples. And I think you are barking up the wrong tree if you think the club is sitting on a vast amount of transfer money.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Nov 22 3.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Define '' massive '' !

My definition would be in the City, Newcastle state owned bracket, and the likes of Chelsea. We have had a lot of money invested into the club but it's still not on a par with, for example, Bloom's bankrolling of Brighton or the Dildo Brothers at West Ham.

Elland Road is not in the middle of a built up area. We are limited with what we can do at Selhurst Park. The proposed new stand will certainly increase corporate revenue and enable an improvement on what is currently on offer.

As for signing so called stars, history tells us that it doesn't usually work out for Palace - Benteke and Sakho being recent examples. And I think you are barking up the wrong tree if you think the club is sitting on a vast amount of transfer money.

I appreciate your input on the relative financial situation as it's hard to get a real gauge on it.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Nov 22 5.58pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider


Chelsea had six starters the other day from their academy so it shows academies can work. Even if only 3% make it into the premier, that would still be about 3 a year for us moving forward. So hopefully that will prove a good investment for us.

Especially if you're stealing the cream of youngsters from other set ups.....probably should call it the 'Beckham system'.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 03 Dec 22 6.12pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Surprise no one has picked up on this. It's in other media as well.

[Link]


In order for Textor and his consortium to complete the takeover of Lyon he wants to transfer his part ownership of CP to a new holding company which will also own OL.

There are 2 issues with this as I understand it.

1. Rather than saying transferring ownership of CP it would be more accurate to say selling his ownership as the new holding company has other shareholders apart from him and they would then have a say in CP.

Who are these people and are they good for us.

2. By selling his ownership and using it as surety for the purchase of OL essentially he is putting CP on the hook for his debit with OL. So if OL went bust CP shares would be part of the assets that the administrator would be looking to maximize.

I don't like this idea of multiple ownership and I have mentioned this many times.

I hope the other shareholders squash the idea.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 03 Dec 22 6.31pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Surprise no one has picked up on this. It's in other media as well.

[Link]


In order for Textor and his consortium to complete the takeover of Lyon he wants to transfer his part ownership of CP to a new holding company which will also own OL.

There are 2 issues with this as I understand it.

1. Rather than saying transferring ownership of CP it would be more accurate to say selling his ownership as the new holding company has other shareholders apart from him and they would then have a say in CP.

Who are these people and are they good for us.

2. By selling his ownership and using it as surety for the purchase of OL essentially he is putting CP on the hook for his debit with OL. So if OL went bust CP shares would be part of the assets that the administrator would be looking to maximize.

I don't like this idea of multiple ownership and I have mentioned this many times.

I hope the other shareholders squash the idea.

I get the feeling albeit a gut feeling that there is an element of 'Emperors new clothes' about Textor

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 03 Dec 22 6.32pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

I get the feeling albeit a gut feeling that there is an element of 'Emperors new clothes' about Textor

You and me.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > John Textor