You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Views on PV
December 10 2023 5.24pm

Views on PV

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 27 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 16 Feb 23 12.01pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Who do you think would have him, he was forth choice for our job, unemployed, that would be 3 clubs he has failed, he is total rubbish, he couldn't manage a team if you give him 20 new players, the worst manager since Holloway, and i include De Boer.

To be fair, I would think that most French sides except perhaps PSG would want him. Premier League - there's usually someone desperate. Is he worse than Marsch or Jones? Open to debate I would think.
One of the ones I find funny is Silva. Wasn't he totally pants before? Suddenly good. Even FDB will probably find the right club one day. Pardew probably won't.
Maybe Vieira should be at a passing style, bigger club frankly. I don't think he suits the players we have currently or vice versa. Also Lanzo - I was happy with last season - weren't you?

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 16 Feb 23 12.19pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

To be fair, I would think that most French sides except perhaps PSG would want him. Premier League - there's usually someone desperate. Is he worse than Marsch or Jones? Open to debate I would think.
One of the ones I find funny is Silva. Wasn't he totally pants before? Suddenly good. Even FDB will probably find the right club one day. Pardew probably won't.
Maybe Vieira should be at a passing style, bigger club frankly. I don't think he suits the players we have currently or vice versa. Also Lanzo - I was happy with last season - weren't you?

I was Happy with the first half of the season but the problem is the deterioration of all our players, and PV unachievable goal of playing like a top six team without top six money

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.
Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people. The key of joy is disobedience.
Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 16 Feb 23 12.22pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I was Happy with the first half of the season but the problem is the deterioration of all our players, and PV unachievable goal of playing like a top six team without top six money

I do tend to largely agree. However, I believe it won't matter (just a hunch based on absolutely nothing) as he will leave at the end of the season/ during the off season. Probably when he sees the squad.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 16 Feb 23 12.39pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

I think he will be off during the close season / summer -
if the H&B situation (staying or going & if they are going who steps in) remains unclear -
If the squad imbalance remains poor / the large number of out of contract players, inadequate replacements that at least provide the appearance of a squad worthy of a strong season in the PL -
I think that keeping Palace in that 12th - 16th position for 2 seasons will be enough of a CV strengthener to see him offered a position at a club of similar / slightly better standing than Palace - (with a larger stadium & more money available)
Maybe Leeds / Leicester / Everton / WH / etc ( obviously dependant upon who gets relegated)


Originally posted by ASCPFC

I do tend to largely agree. However, I believe it won't matter (just a hunch based on absolutely nothing) as he will leave at the end of the season/ during the off season. Probably when he sees the squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 16 Feb 23 1.29pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I was Happy with the first half of the season but the problem is the deterioration of all our players, and PV unachievable goal of playing like a top six team without top six money

Who has deteriorated though? Guehi, Mitchell and Gallagher all got England call-ups last season. This season Guehi has looked better and Andersen has been very good. Schlupp and Ayew look no better but no worse. Edouard and Mateta the same. Eze has been out of form, but he has yet to convince in games against teams above us and we have only played one game against a team below us since November. The only player who I think has looked worse this season is Mitchell, but then I've never been 100% convinced by him anyway. It's almost like the club want him to be the next AWB when he's really not. Olise has been making baby steps but has been slowly growing into the PL. He still looks like he's scared of being tackled though.

With regard to your relegation comment I'd happily wager you a hundred quid that we won't go down this season. Next season I think will largely depend on the squad as we are set to lose a lot of players and even Midas won't keep us up if we don't replace Wilf properly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 17 Feb 23 1.17am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

If Shaun Derry hadn't had the playing career he did, he wouldn't have been in the job he was at Palace. It certainly wouldn't have been on the back of his management credentials.

proves my point...

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 17 Feb 23 1.22am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Lets all be happy that you are not calling the shots

So you think PV is the best choice for us right now and working out well??

You think he's worked hard and earnt his spot as a prem manager?

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 17 Feb 23 4.40am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Keep playing Schlupp in midfield and Vieira's reputation will soon end up on ground zero.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 17 Feb 23 6.34am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Who has deteriorated though? Guehi, Mitchell and Gallagher all got England call-ups last season. This season Guehi has looked better and Andersen has been very good. Schlupp and Ayew look no better but no worse. Edouard and Mateta the same. Eze has been out of form, but he has yet to convince in games against teams above us and we have only played one game against a team below us since November. The only player who I think has looked worse this season is Mitchell, but then I've never been 100% convinced by him anyway. It's almost like the club want him to be the next AWB when he's really not. Olise has been making baby steps but has been slowly growing into the PL. He still looks like he's scared of being tackled though.

With regard to your relegation comment I'd happily wager you a hundred quid that we won't go down this season. Next season I think will largely depend on the squad as we are set to lose a lot of players and even Midas won't keep us up if we don't replace Wilf properly.

i think all of the players you mentioned have deteriorated, Except Andersen, i will happily accept your bet, with the proviso that if PV leaves his post as manager, for whatever reason, until the last match has finished, you lose the bet.

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.
Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people. The key of joy is disobedience.
Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 17 Feb 23 6.56am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

i think all of the players you mentioned have deteriorated, Except Andersen, i will happily accept your bet, with the proviso that if PV leaves his post as manager, for whatever reason, until the last match has finished, you lose the bet.

Ok, Lanzo, it's a bet. But can we say whomever loses gives £100 to the charity of the winner's choice? Before you agree I will just point out that data analytics have us with a less than 2% chance of relegation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 17 Feb 23 8.13am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Ok, Lanzo, it's a bet. But can we say whomever loses gives £100 to the charity of the winner's choice? Before you agree I will just point out that data analytics have us with a less than 2% chance of relegation.

Yes, i will take a cheque, made to Charity Arrecife Spare Hotels, just use the Initials

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.
Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people. The key of joy is disobedience.
Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 20 Feb 23 6.55am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

Iím torn on Vieira.
He seems very personable, has good football principles in terms of how he wants to play the game and appears to be a draw for attracting players to the club.
However, is the team better than the sum of itís parts?
I look at Fulham for example, who totally dominated us at Selhurst.
One centre half in his mid thirties, the other a former West Ham reserve.
A midfield made up of Reed (who couldnít get into Southamptonís team), Pereira (£10m from Man Utd) and Paulinha.
An attack made up of an average former Bristol City forward, an Arsenal reject who was seen as past it and admittedly a very good forward in Mitrovic.
They are not huge names but appear to operate as a well oiled machine with balance all over the field and look very well coached.
You could make similar observations about the likes of Brentford and Brighton.

People point to squad deficiencies as a reason for our struggles, but are our players any worse than those in the above teams?
These teams have players who are not exactly household names nor cost a fortune.
Spending big sums as West Ham, Leeds and Everton have done is not necessarily always the answer.
Which brings me back to Vieira.
If you accept that you donít have to have 11 outstanding players to make a good team should our core of talented players ( Anderson, Guehi, Doucoure, Eze, Olise, Zaha) provide enough of a platform for a well coached team to produce better performances and results?
This is where I think the jury is still out on Vieira.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 27 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Views on PV