You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Killian Phillips
April 17 2024 6.39am

Killian Phillips

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 15 Mar 24 11.43am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

It would appear that his view has not been shared by his clubs this season.
As somebody with an Irish background it would be nice for me to see another Irishman make the breakthrough along with Paddy Mulligan, Delaney and....oops I think I've run out; other fans may be able to add to the list.

Not forgetting Eddie McGoldrick, Ray Houghton and James McCarthy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mtp1958's Profile mtp1958 Flag Grays 15 Mar 24 12.11pm Send a Private Message to mtp1958 Add mtp1958 as a friend

I live in Oswestry now so only 30 mins from shrewsbury may have a trip and watch a match , then give feed back , but he is still a kid so lets see , Conor G was pushed pillar to post before coming to us and we know what happened to him

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 15 Mar 24 12.15pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by mtp1958

I live in Oswestry now so only 30 mins from shrewsbury may have a trip and watch a match , then give feed back , but he is still a kid so lets see , Conor G was pushed pillar to post before coming to us and we know what happened to him

Killian Phillips is on loan at Aberdeen.
He was on loan to Shrewsbury last season, signed by Steve Cotterill.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View KWIL37's Profile KWIL37 Flag Co Tipperary 15 Mar 24 12.40pm Send a Private Message to KWIL37 Add KWIL37 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Not forgetting Eddie McGoldrick, Ray Houghton and James McCarthy.

Clinton Morrison

 


This could be heaven or this could be hell .

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 15 Mar 24 1.10pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

I did a tour of Selhurst Park a few years ago and it was McGoldrick showing us around.
I had a fairly detailed conversation with him about the Coppell years.
Eddie saw himself as a sweeper and was very effective there, but Coppell predominantly saw him as a right winger providing service to Wright and Bright.
He did have some outstanding games for us a sweeper when he demonstrated what a good footballer he was.

Originally posted by KWIL37

Clinton Morrison

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 15 Mar 24 1.19pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

It would appear that his view has not been shared by his clubs this season.
As somebody with an Irish background it would be nice for me to see another Irishman make the breakthrough along with Paddy Mulligan, Delaney and....oops I think I've run out; other fans may be able to add to the list.

Paddy McCarthy, Alan Lee, Owen Garvan, Sean Scannell. Tayo Adaramola technically as well. There must be others!

I think Umeh is the most likely Irishman of the current crop to break the first team - he played the 2nd half with the first team yesterday and has generally been very impressive at U21 this season. Also had a couple of really good games for the Ireland U19s.

I think Phillips will have a decent career due to his desire and his athleticism, but more like Championship/Scottish Prem level - I think he lacks a bit of quality to be a top level player, but he can really impact games with his work rate and running power.

He's really impressed with the Ireland U21s over the last 6m, although I've heard rumours the US national team are trying to tap him up (he was born in the US).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 15 Mar 24 1.24pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Paddy McCarthy, Alan Lee, Owen Garvan, Sean Scannell. Tayo Adaramola technically as well. There must be others!

I think Umeh is the most likely Irishman of the current crop to break the first team - he played the 2nd half with the first team yesterday and has generally been very impressive at U21 this season. Also had a couple of really good games for the Ireland U19s.

I think Phillips will have a decent career due to his desire and his athleticism, but more like Championship/Scottish Prem level - I think he lacks a bit of quality to be a top level player, but he can really impact games with his work rate and running power.

He's really impressed with the Ireland U21s over the last 6m, although I've heard rumours the US national team are trying to tap him up (he was born in the US).

Jerry Murphy?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 15 Mar 24 1.29pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Jerry Murphy?

Before my time, but correct according to Wiki!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 15 Mar 24 2.13pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Elpis

One of our most naturally talented players ever

Clinton O'Morrison will be spitting feathers that you forgot him too


Indeed - what a peach of a left foot, with Nicholas alongside to do the grafting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent 15 Mar 24 3.21pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

I forgot Jerry Murphy for one.

Apart from his name and the fact he had a couple of Irish caps, he was about as Irish as Clinton Morrison Murphy was born in London and played for England schoolboys

 


Made in Bromley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 15 Mar 24 3.22pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Indeed - what a peach of a left foot, with Nicholas alongside to do the grafting.

We could certainly do with him taking free-kicks for us now. He, Sansom and Hilaire were magic down the left-hand side

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent 15 Mar 24 3.24pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by pssguy

We could certainly do with him taking free-kicks for us now. He, Sansom and Hilaire were magic down the left-hand side

Those were the days

 


Made in Bromley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Killian Phillips