You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Good bye Roy
May 20 2024 7.50pm

Good bye Roy

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 36 of 59 < 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 >

 

View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 06 Feb 24 8.35pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Well done Steve! News now coming through that he is finally pulling the trigger on the Hodgesaurus in the morning.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 Feb 24 8.41pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Gribbo

Well done Steve! News now coming through that he is finally pulling the trigger on the Hodgesaurus in the morning.

Got any links or else Gribbo?

No worries if not

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 06 Feb 24 8.45pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by Charlie B

It's being reported that our short listed candidates for the managers job, do not want it!

If you were one of those managers why would you want to come to a club whose supporters put up banners, slamming the board; dish out dogs abuse to our players and constantly boo the manager…..this could be me!!

We must be careful what we wish for in regards to demanding for Parish to go; Charlton springs to mind.

Now is the time to get behind our team irrespective of what our views are on the players, manager, owners or whoever. Now is not the time for recriminations or we could find ourselves away to Rotherham next season and not on the FA Cup!! O

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 06 Feb 24 8.49pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

The whole thing is very unsavoury really.
The majority of fans would like to see Roy leave - me included - but nonetheless Roy is a gentleman and deserves to be treated better publicly.
If he is to be sacked then it should have been swift and not subject to so much rumour.
I guess it is the way of the modern football world but still.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley 06 Feb 24 9.38pm Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

Originally posted by dynamicdick

If you were one of those managers why would you want to come to a club whose supporters put up banners, slamming the board; dish out dogs abuse to our players and constantly boo the manager…..this could be me!!

We must be careful what we wish for in regards to demanding for Parish to go; Charlton springs to mind.

Now is the time to get behind our team irrespective of what our views are on the players, manager, owners or whoever. Now is not the time for recriminations or we could find ourselves away to Rotherham next season and not on the FA Cup!! O

Roy is not alone in getting it in the neck from supporters. Poch, Ten Haag, Chris Wilder to name but a few are getting loads of criticism from their respective clubs supporters. Myself personally, I would not do it in public, but my god Roy is testing everyone’s patience at the moment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 06 Feb 24 9.54pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by est1905

Yeah, I mean God forbid anyone has an opinion that differs from your eh?

I don’t remember referring to you. Maybe I should have. You are far more full of yourself than the majority on here so don’t give me that pompous rubbish.

Go back and read a couple of your recent posts telling people how embarrassing their opinions are if you want an example of your own righteous approach.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe West 06 Feb 24 10.05pm Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

If my interpretation of your sentiments is right and proper you are basically stating that as far as this season is concerned "We're doomed" !.

Edited by Willo (06 Feb 2024 2.15pm)

Nah. But we’re in way more of a predicament if we boot old father football now and don’t have a replacement.

My take is this - unless someone we want suddenly decides they want the job, Roy stays. We scrape a couple of draws, keep losing. Eze and Guehi come back, we bump along but pick up a win or two. Olise comes back in April and we do our usual job of smashing it out of the park for the last few games.

Roy goes, the manager we actually want comes in and we end up sacking them in two seasons time. Rinse and repeat until we lucky.

 


Did you know? 98.0000001% of people are morons.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 06 Feb 24 10.10pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

Nah. But we’re in way more of a predicament if we boot old father football now and don’t have a replacement.

My take is this - unless someone we want suddenly decides they want the job, Roy stays. We scrape a couple of draws, keep losing. Eze and Guehi come back, we bump along but pick up a win or two. Olise comes back in April and we do our usual job of smashing it out of the park for the last few games.

Roy goes, the manager we actually want comes in and we end up sacking them in two seasons time. Rinse and repeat until we lucky.

Yep, no point changing for chipwood now if oak comes along later.

There are definitely three worst teams than us even now......But it looks like we are in for a scrap....but one we should survive.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 06 Feb 24 11.08pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Charlie B

It's being reported that our short listed candidates for the managers job, do not want it!

It's Warnock then!

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View indianapalace85's Profile indianapalace85 Flag Bromley 06 Feb 24 11.48pm Send a Private Message to indianapalace85 Add indianapalace85 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Yep, no point changing for chipwood now if oak comes along later.

There are definitely three worst teams than us even now......But it looks like we are in for a scrap....but one we should survive.

Are there 3 worse teams than us right now?

I can't think of one worse team. Yes we're above the relegation zone because our 2 best players temporarily kept up floating above water - but now they won't play again for us for most of the season. Remember how awful we were as soon as they both went off v Sheff Utd. We scraped over the line against the bottom team.

We are the league's worst team on form. We are sinking like a sack of sh*t. The 3 teams in the R zone are scrapping like crazy and scoring goals, whereas I have absolutely no idea where or when our next goal will come from.


Edited by indianapalace85 (06 Feb 2024 11.49pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 07 Feb 24 12.02am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Originally posted by indianapalace85

Are there 3 worse teams than us right now?

I can't think of one worse team. Yes we're above the relegation zone because our 2 best players temporarily kept up floating above water - but now they won't play again for us for most of the season. Remember how awful we were as soon as they both went off v Sheff Utd. We scraped over the line against the bottom team.

We are the league's worst team on form. We are sinking like a sack of sh*t. The 3 teams in the R zone are scrapping like crazy and scoring goals, whereas I have absolutely no idea where or when our next goal will come from.


Edited by indianapalace85 (06 Feb 2024 11.49pm)

My sentiments exactly.
Same old from Palace, relying on one or two star players to keep our heads above the water.
I'm so over listening to commentators whipping out sh!thouse factoids like "Palace havn't won a game this season without X", "It's been 17,000 minutes that Palace havn't scored with X on the pitch", "Palace havn't scored from open play without X in the team"

Take out these star players (or alternatively just injure them) and we're a mishapen, uncoordianted bag of nerves desperate to hoof the ball away from our six yard box.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 07 Feb 24 7.53am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

Another day and no concrete news, just more rumour and conjecture.
There are suggestions that Hodgson is content to step down, but the club has so far failed to identify/attract a replacement.
This seems slightly strange because I’d have thought with the form being as it has been over the last couple of months we’d already have been considering alternatives in case a change proved to be necessary.
Furthermore, with Roy’s age and the health scare earlier this season it would have perhaps been prudent to consider what the club would do if it was necessary to step down.
Perhaps we did have plans for a replacement in the summer lined up but we hadn’t anticipated having to make the change earlier.
If such replacement can’t join at this stage, who’s going to want to come in for a few months( although no doubt a hefty survival bonus would likely prove a temptation).
Again, just conjecture but it leaves the club in limbo when trying to prepare for important games.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 36 of 59 < 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Good bye Roy