You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Nice work
May 20 2024 7.38pm

Nice work

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 25 Mar 24 10.15pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


They must have money to burn.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 25 Mar 24 10.38pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

They must have money to burn.

[Link]

Theft of the public purse.

Quite incredible.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 26 Mar 24 5.48am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Bang another nail in whiteys coffin

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 26 Mar 24 6.57am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Theft of the public purse.

Quite incredible.

I think you are being very unfair. It's going to take a lot of hard work and probably months slaving away on those South Pacific islands.

Why did Michael Caine do Jaws 4 a terrible movie from a franchise that was already bust.

Caine "They agreed to pay me millions and then I read the script, Scene 1 onboard a luxury yacht in the Caribbean and I thought that'll do".

I have an alternate suggestion for these researchers instead of the South Pacific how about something closer to home. Why not spend eight months researching Trainspotting in the slums of Glasgow?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 26 Mar 24 7.22am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I think you are being very unfair. It's going to take a lot of hard work and probably months slaving away on those South Pacific islands.

Why did Michael Caine do Jaws 4 a terrible movie from a franchise that was already bust.

Caine "They agreed to pay me millions and then I read the script, Scene 1 onboard a luxury yacht in the Caribbean and I thought that'll do".

I have an alternate suggestion for these researchers instead of the South Pacific how about something closer to home. Why not spend eight months researching Trainspotting in the slums of Glasgow?

Because it was set in Edinburgh? (Sorry, Badger, couldn't resist).
Since these researchers are based in Edinburgh they could have saved a bit of travel money on this vital research.
On the film star front he could've been played by a young Donald Sutherland.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Mar 24 7.29am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I think you are being very unfair. It's going to take a lot of hard work and probably months slaving away on those South Pacific islands.

Why did Michael Caine do Jaws 4 a terrible movie from a franchise that was already bust.

Caine "They agreed to pay me millions and then I read the script, Scene 1 onboard a luxury yacht in the Caribbean and I thought that'll do".

I have an alternate suggestion for these researchers instead of the South Pacific how about something closer to home. Why not spend eight months researching Trainspotting in the slums of Glasgow?

Not a lot of people know that!

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 26 Mar 24 7.32am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Because it was set in Edinburgh? (Sorry, Badger, couldn't resist).
Since these researchers are based in Edinburgh they could have saved a bit of travel money on this vital research.
On the film star front he could've been played by a young Donald Sutherland.

Thanks I did not know that always assumed it was Glasgow.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 26 Mar 24 7.57am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Thanks I did not know that always assumed it was Glasgow.

It's actually set in Leith, Hibs are the local team, which has become quite gentrified over the past 20 years.
There are probably still a few Begbie types knocking around.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 26 Mar 24 8.06am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

It's actually set in Leith, Hibs are the local team, which has become quite gentrified over the past 20 years.
There are probably still a few Begbie types knocking around.

Ah I've been there it's a port, it's only a bus ride from Edinburgh.

Anyway back on point I now have the results of the reseach and I didn't need £800,000 of taxpayers money.

Summary of Report into the attitude of Daniel Defoe to Indigenous peoples.

"He's a racist, err that's it"

Edited by Badger11 (26 Mar 2024 8.08am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 26 Mar 24 8.17am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Ah I've been there it's a port, it's only a bus ride from Edinburgh.

Anyway back on point I now have the results of the reseach and I didn't need £800,000 of taxpayers money.

Summary of Report into the attitude of Daniel Defoe to Indigenous peoples.

"He's a racist, err that's it"

Edited by Badger11 (26 Mar 2024 8.08am)


A career in academia awaits. You could save them millions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Mar 24 9.47am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


They must have money to burn.

[Link]

Typical Daily Mail report and predictable responses here to it.

You all do love to have a moan about something the Mail reports as a “woke” waste of money!

Neither the Mail nor anybody here knows the true rationale which lies behind this project. It could easily be multi-faceted and intended to meet several objectives. People tend not to throw money at worthless projects so making assumptions on any analysis presented by the Mail is many times more questionable than a peer reviewed decision made by a University.

A spokesman for UKRI said:

'UKRI invests in a diverse research and innovation portfolio. Decisions to fund the research projects we support are made via a rigorous peer review process by relevant independent experts from across academia and business.'

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mezzer's Profile mezzer Flag Main Stand, Block F, Row 20 seat 1... 26 Mar 24 10.13am Send a Private Message to mezzer Add mezzer as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Typical Daily Mail report and predictable responses here to it.

You all do love to have a moan about something the Mail reports as a “woke” waste of money!

Neither the Mail nor anybody here knows the true rationale which lies behind this project. It could easily be multi-faceted and intended to meet several objectives. People tend not to throw money at worthless projects so making assumptions on any analysis presented by the Mail is many times more questionable than a peer reviewed decision made by a University.

A spokesman for UKRI said:

'UKRI invests in a diverse research and innovation portfolio. Decisions to fund the research projects we support are made via a rigorous peer review process by relevant independent experts from across academia and business.'

i.e by a select collection of snouts all dipped into the diverse trough

 


Living down here does have some advantages. At least you can see them cry.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Nice work