You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread
January 29 2022 1.11pm

Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 401 of 404 < 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 >

 

View Ouzo Dan's Profile Ouzo Dan 29 Dec 21 5.24pm Send a Private Message to Ouzo Dan Add Ouzo Dan as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

This place is a microcosm of right wing lunacy and been descending that way further for years, driven by the owners and moderators.

The decent posters are long gone and will never return.

This from the man who will happily hide behind gender to defend appalling racists he agrees with politically.

see Sasha Johnson

 


Sex Panther 60% of the time it works every time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 29 Dec 21 11.11pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by Ouzo Dan

This from the man who will happily hide behind gender to defend appalling racists he agrees with politically.

see Sasha Johnson

That would be the same Saha Johnson who calls black people who don't agree with her ****s, threatens them and is a complete racist.

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 30 Dec 21 9.01am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I don't think that is the case at all.
The longest thread on here has right and right disagreeing with each other. If opinions are not what people want to read then boxing up people into one general descriptor isn't the same as having a specific opinion.
Let me take the immigration thread.
I'm sure even anti immigration posters accept that there are genuine people who need help and would not be against that help being given. Whereby even the staunchest pro immigration poster deep down knows that is a low number of people but cannot bring them self to make that statement. All they throw around is how racist the anti immigration posters are!

So you would be happy to see Dan go. Presumably me too then. Internecine bickering better than debating at a philosophical level as it doesn’t demand such an open mind.

echo chamber
noun
1.
an enclosed space where sound reverberates.
"purpose-built echo chambers allow the addition of natural-sounding reverberation to the recordings"
2.
an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
"people are living in partisan and ideological echo chambers"

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Dec 21 9.10am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I don't think that is the case at all.
The longest thread on here has right and right disagreeing with each other. If opinions are not what people want to read then boxing up people into one general descriptor isn't the same as having a specific opinion.
Let me take the immigration thread.
I'm sure even anti immigration posters accept that there are genuine people who need help and would not be against that help being given. Whereby even the staunchest pro immigration poster deep down knows that is a low number of people but cannot bring them self to make that statement. All they throw around is how racist the anti immigration posters are!

It's a great reply.

The echo chamber argument doesn't really work for forums. I think within a work environment there can be a point to that....and to an extent our personal lives but it's also important that the disagreement in those areas is constructive and friendly.....otherwise what should be constructive becomes destructive.

Edited by Stirlingsays (30 Dec 2021 9.23am)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Dec 21 9.22am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

So you would be happy to see Dan go. Presumably me too then. Internecine bickering better than debating at a philosophical level as it doesn’t demand such an open mind.

echo chamber
noun
1.
an enclosed space where sound reverberates.
"purpose-built echo chambers allow the addition of natural-sounding reverberation to the recordings"
2.
an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
"people are living in partisan and ideological echo chambers"

I don't see it as a binary option.

I certainly think the regularly posting left on Hol have become more aggressive since the Gusset exodus (with some notable exceptions like Danns)....indeed, all of these claims of Hol being some kind of right wing site are amusing to those of us who were here back when Jamiemartin was winning 'poster of the year' polls and the left were much more prominent.

Dan can get particularly negative, which is a shame....then again so can you. However, I don't see the need for things to be taken so personally myself.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 30 Dec 21 9.42am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I don't see it as a binary option.

I certainly think the regularly posting left on Hol have become more aggressive since the Gusset exodus (with some notable exceptions like Danns)....indeed, all of these claims of Hol being some kind of right wing site are amusing to those of us who were here back when Jamiemartin was winning 'poster of the year' polls and the left were much more prominent.

Dan can get particularly negative, which is a shame....then again so can you. However, I don't see the need for things to be taken so personally myself.

My goodness

You may not have noticed

In general I am supportive of those people we entrust with our safety and argue on the positive side. Unless they prove themselves untrustworthy

You, on the other hand …

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Dec 21 10.00am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

My goodness

You may not have noticed

In general I am supportive of those people we entrust with our safety and argue on the positive side. Unless they prove themselves untrustworthy

You, on the other hand …

Life has taught me to trust only those who have earned it.

But that doesn't require a negative tone.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 30 Dec 21 9.44pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I don't see it as a binary option.

I certainly think the regularly posting left on Hol have become more aggressive since the Gusset exodus (with some notable exceptions like Danns)....indeed, all of these claims of Hol being some kind of right wing site are amusing to those of us who were here back when Jamiemartin was winning 'poster of the year' polls and the left were much more prominent.

Dan can get particularly negative, which is a shame....then again so can you. However, I don't see the need for things to be taken so personally myself.

I couldn't let that pass without questioning it!

Just who, I wonder, identifies as being "left" here? I know I don't, and I don't read any posts that I think any reasonable person would regard as from a genuinely left wing position.

I read a few from those with a more balanced socially responsible position than the majority of posters, but "left"? None at all.

That there are repeated assertions of the type above is only support for my belief that the further to the right you are, the more you perceive almost everyone else as "left". So the question is not to those on the right, who believe this kind of claim, but to their targets. How do you identify yourself?

Most people are neither left, nor right. They are mostly moderate centralists with slight leanings one way or the other.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Grumbles's Profile Grumbles 30 Dec 21 9.52pm Send a Private Message to Grumbles Add Grumbles as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I couldn't let that pass without questioning it!

Just who, I wonder, identifies as being "left" here? I know I don't, and I don't read any posts that I think any reasonable person would regard as from a genuinely left wing position.

I read a few from those with a more balanced socially responsible position than the majority of posters, but "left"? None at all.

That there are repeated assertions of the type above is only support for my belief that the further to the right you are, the more you perceive almost everyone else as "left". So the question is not to those on the right, who believe this kind of claim, but to their targets. How do you identify yourself?

Most people are neither left, nor right. They are mostly moderate centralists with slight leanings one way or the other.

I've noticed that if you disagree with some very right wing values, you seem to be automatically called left wing and a Trot etc. without attempt to analyse the values or what is actually written.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 30 Dec 21 9.54pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

It's a great reply.

The echo chamber argument doesn't really work for forums. I think within a work environment there can be a point to that....and to an extent our personal lives but it's also important that the disagreement in those areas is constructive and friendly.....otherwise what should be constructive becomes destructive.

Edited by Stirlingsays (30 Dec 2021 9.23am)

Until a couple of years ago I would have agreed with you but now I am no longer convinced there can be any kind of constructive and friendly dialogue with those on the Left.

The Left want to force us to accept that a man can wake up in the morning and decide that he is in fact a she. And if we question that, have us exposed to all kinds of state-sanctioned punishments. And we have a supposed 'Conservative' Government who fully sanction it.

There is no possible way back from this other than some kind of formal seperation. How, when or where that happens, then I am all ears but that is only a discussion worth having with similar-minded folk. It really is a tipping point issue.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View OldFella's Profile OldFella Flag London 30 Dec 21 10.11pm Send a Private Message to OldFella Add OldFella as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Then your promise is worthless. You don't speak for 'we'. In addition without people prepared to take opposite views this august site becomes completely pointless. Just a bunch of homogenous sad souls constantly reinforcing each other.

My apologies. I had you marked down as already in the playground.

I do chuckle at your self righteousness and over-inflated sense of self though.

 


Jackson.. Wan Bissaka.... Sansom.. Nicholas.. Cannon.. Cahill.... Zaha... Thomas.. Byrne... Holton.. Rogers.. that should do it..

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Dec 21 10.13pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Until a couple of years ago I would have agreed with you but now I am no longer convinced there can be any kind of constructive and friendly dialogue with those on the Left.

The Left want to force us to accept that a man can wake up in the morning and decide that he is in fact a she. And if we question that, have us exposed to all kinds of state-sanctioned punishments. And we have a supposed 'Conservative' Government who fully sanction it.

There is no possible way back from this other than some kind of formal seperation. How, when or where that happens, then I am all ears but that is only a discussion worth having with similar-minded folk. It really is a tipping point issue.

At the moment we are living in times where increasing globalisation is being forced upon all of us....left, right and anything in between.

I fully agree with you that there are areas of significant difference between different fractions even from within the same movement.....However, history teaches many times over that a divided resistance is exponentially weaker than a combined one.

What I'm saying is that on certain topics of mutual interest it makes sense to break bread and that the 'all or nothing' approach on everything......Well, it results in nothing for nobody.

I'm saying that compartmentation is a useful tool for anybody and that purity spiralling is a luxury that only those with real power can afford.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 401 of 404 < 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Grooming Gangs + Tommy Robinson Thread