You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > New Zealand shooting at mosques
June 26 2019 2.46am

New Zealand shooting at mosques

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 14 of 18 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

 

View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 16 Mar 19 9.07pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

watched the video this morning and its harrowing.

no place in the world for race hate...imagine what sort of f***ed up human being you would need to be to do this type of thing.

I decided against. I figured the killer committed this heinous act because he wanted the footage to spread like wildfire and for us to watch. I've heard enough about it though and how even those with experience of watching this stuff were deeply disturbed by it.

The Islamic extremist recruitment potential of this is horrendous and exactly what the killer wanted. And the fact that this guy's 8chan mates are now making 'funny memes' and the like of the victims shows that the potential for further incidents like this could come from anywhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 16 Mar 19 9.20pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

If ordinary Muslims had been as vocal in their rejection if Islamic State, perhaps that may have dampened the extreme right-wingers.

Not an excuse for murder. But the good Muslims had plenty of opportunity to condemn IS, and their attrocities ..and stayed silent.


It's complex.

It's certainly true that far more from this community went to fight for IS than joined the British army over the same period.

However, most Muslims are like most people to the extent that they just aren't that political or interested in life outside their regular routines.

So when something extreme happens from within their own community they don't feel ownership over it because...well while they may share some opinions...for example the Israeli/Palestine conflict or attitudes to homosexuals it just isn't to an extreme level......Most of them just aren't going to agree with dropping homosexuals off rooftops.....they might object to them teaching in the classroom or in their family but that's about it...acid attacks, honour killings it all happens but obviously it's not the majority......So it's also a small percent who are deeply into the need for violent radical action for Islam....though that's all you need for the authorities to number it in the tens of thousands.

Their attitudes are more a cultural reflection of their community. What we feel about it is less important to them than what their imman is going to say for example.

Now my attitude to the growth of Islam and its compatibility within a secular western state aside.....most Muslims are just going about the day to day.....So while we have had Muslims come out and condemn attacks....to be honest I'd agree with the view that they aren't required to.

But like I say....this is different to my attitude towards the wisdom of the growth of the community but as we all recognise violence is unacceptable.

Edited by Stirlingsays (16 Mar 2019 9.34pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 16 Mar 19 9.30pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

I decided against. I figured the killer committed this heinous act because he wanted the footage to spread like wildfire and for us to watch. I've heard enough about it though and how even those with experience of watching this stuff were deeply disturbed by it.

The Islamic extremist recruitment potential of this is horrendous and exactly what the killer wanted. And the fact that this guy's 8chan mates are now making 'funny memes' and the like of the victims shows that the potential for further incidents like this could come from anywhere.

you are of couse correct, but its not like me seeing it is going to somehow make me do such myself, i havnt shared it ,i got it sent to me, i asked him to send it to me.

absolutly shocking video, and watching it only made me realise quite how bad this would be do witness.

like i said, doesnt matter what religion this is, or what nationality this is..this is shocking, and the ironic thing is...that the death penalty isnt enough for this type or crime.

i know it wasnt in america, but this is why i feel so strongly about american gun laws being utter bulls***.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 16 Mar 19 9.45pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

you are of couse correct, but its not like me seeing it is going to somehow make me do such myself, i havnt shared it ,i got it sent to me, i asked him to send it to me.

absolutly shocking video, and watching it only made me realise quite how bad this would be do witness.

like i said, doesnt matter what religion this is, or what nationality this is..this is shocking, and the ironic thing is...that the death penalty isnt enough for this type or crime.

i know it wasnt in america, but this is why i feel so strongly about american gun laws being utter bulls***.

I agree. It's as much that I was concerned that it was something I would not be able to unsee. What got me was that I'm told the first person he saw, or one of the first greeted him with 'Hello brother' before being shot to death. Such a disturbing contrast. Of course it's the same with any of these heartless attacks though, like enjoying a fun concert with your family only to have a fundamentalist nutjob blow you up.

All extremists think they're so brave. Off to paradise, or with this coward he apparently talked of 'being in a firefight' during the video. It's not much of a firefight if nobody else is armed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 16 Mar 19 10.10pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

I agree. It's as much that I was concerned that it was something I would not be able to unsee. What got me was that I'm told the first person he saw, or one of the first greeted him with 'Hello brother' before being shot to death. Such a disturbing contrast. Of course it's the same with any of these heartless attacks though, like enjoying a fun concert with your family only to have a fundamentalist nutjob blow you up.

All extremists think they're so brave. Off to paradise, or with this coward he apparently talked of 'being in a firefight' during the video. It's not much of a firefight if nobody else is armed.

Correct. Disgusting cowardice.

I've seen bits of the footage and what I would say is that he was very well prepared and practiced and knew what he was doing. Looks like he'd had military training to me, or at least handled and fired rifles regularly. Even the chap that had a go had no chance. Sick f***er had the coolness and wherewithal to return to his vehicle and exchange rifles before returning.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 16 Mar 19 10.30pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Correct. Disgusting cowardice.

I've seen bits of the footage and what I would say is that he was very well prepared and practiced and knew what he was doing. Looks like he'd had military training to me, or at least handled and fired rifles regularly. Even the chap that had a go had no chance. Sick f***er had the coolness and wherewithal to return to his vehicle and exchange rifles before returning.


I don't doubt it, I heard he had it in mind for a couple of years. Religious radicals, racial radicals. Same sh!t, different coward. It's rumination turned annihilation once the virus sets in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 17 Mar 19 9.30am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The open hypocrisy of the media is quite something......A fruitcake with a Gab account gets trigger happy with innocents....we get....'close down Gab'...which indeed they did for a time (even though he had other accounts). But when this monster murders innocents and live streams it on Facebook.....Funny...Facebook isn't being closed down.

Another thing to note is how often we would hear from certain demographics that following murders carried out by Muslims that...quite correctly....that it's #notallmuslims.

However, now we get an eco fascist doing the deeds it's.....'we need to take actions against these toxic ideas from the right'.....and well, 'your ideas feed these actions'.

All of a sudden there's no....'it's part and parcel of living in a big city'.

The ones that are genuine are maybe well meaning but they are deluded about what is possible....their ship sailed at least a couple of decades ago. And the ones that aren't genuine are just taking advantage of the tragedy to score virtual signalling points....like we saw on the thread earlier.


Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Mar 2019 11.02am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 17 Mar 19 10.11am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I think it dangerous to set policy based on the actions of 1 lone individual. You wouldn't create a law and order policy based on the actions of Jack the Ripper.

That said action needs to be taken against these social media companies lots of nasty stuff out there and not just this, they don't seem that bothered in taking it down. My benchmark is if the papers printed this stuff would they be fined / sued? This should also apply to social media they claim they are not publishers I beg to differ.

As for action against the far right of course the police should investigate in NZ and here if there is evidence that points in that direction. However some people are either mentally ill or just plain evil and will always find an excuse to commit their crimes.

Action against the far right most be proportionate if someone advocates violence then they should be punished. However if you shut down the debate because you don't like their opinions you just make martyrs and eventually that will lead to violence.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 17 Mar 19 10.45am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Blonde discusses this guy's manifesto here:

[Link]

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Mar 2019 10.51am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 17 Mar 19 11.27am Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Blonde discusses this guy's manifesto here:

[Link]

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Mar 2019 10.51am)


Would

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 17 Mar 19 11.32am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Would

Yeah, something tells me she's never been short of male attention.

To make it even better, she's an intelligent 'trad', so there's one guy who won the lottery out there.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Pussay Patrol Flag 17 Mar 19 1.13pm

An attack in East London and Oldham

[Link]

 


Paua oouaarancì Irà chiyeah Ishé galé ma ba oo ah

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 14 of 18 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > New Zealand shooting at mosques