You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Covid vaccine
October 20 2021 8.09pm

Covid vaccine

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 101 of 106 < 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 16 May 21 10.27am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


When have I misinformed any one I haven't I stated what the facts are. (still not seen any valid science papers to state otherwise and no one here has shown any)

My agenda is the truth not people like yourself trying to scare people or push a vaccine that a lot of people do not need. (makes you wonder if you are gaining from this work wise some of my former colleagues are loving it lots of £ being thrown at them)

I clearly stated people that have health issues/vulnerable have it the rest don't need it again a fact. (I suppose you are one that will be pushing for children to have it next)

If people are so worried about their health etc sort out your lifestyles/diets this will have massive impact but people wont.

It’s not a fact. The fact is the higher the reservoir of virus in the world the more chance vulnerable people will catch it. Even if most have good protection from a vaccine. And second there is a vastly heightened speed of mutation making getting on top of vaccines harder.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 16 May 21 2.49pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort

I see BlueJay is still at it with his misinformation.

Why keep lying.

I have no issue if you are more pro vaccine but come on you are just pumping out propaganda you really have been sucked in and fallen for all this report facts.

You always claim the data shows this or that yet have never posted up a creditable sources.

How can it be if proper controlled studies have been done after all this time they still do not know if a vaccinated person can infect others this is not hard to test.

Out of interest which test was used on those 3,345 from India?

Why was these people even allowed to get on a flight without being cleared by a PCR before hand or may be they was none of these test are near 100%

Pay no attention to what a lot of hospital management or directors have to say it's 70% misinformation which is to get them more £ this is the same with a lot of the so called science being done its lots of free £ at the minute (side against you wont be seeing any £ again)

PCR test. Which are significantly more likely to miss cases than state false positives, so all you're essentially saying is that the 3,345 positives allowed in via India was an undercount. You will of course already know this based on your wildly extensive knowledge...

Quote Why was these people even allowed to get on a flight without being cleared by a PCR before hand or may be they was none of these test are near 100%

I, for one, always find it reassuring when a "Dr" uses the grammar of a cabbie.

As for how and why these people got onto a plane in the first first, individual countries of course have their own policies or failings in their systems. It's up to us to impose sensible policies our side, especially at a time like this.

Also, for what it's worth rather than 'lies' I have posted numerous studies that demonstrate what is now known and accepted. That vaccinated people are both less likely to contract covid (not just to display fewer symptoms), and less likely to spread it to others. Comically these were areas you bizarrely fought tooth and nail over previously and appeared to be in complete denial of. No doubt you're waiting for a definitive three year retrospective study before making up your mind about anything. What an effective strategy during a pandemic.


Edited by BlueJay (16 May 2021 3.45pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 16 May 21 3.17pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Eden Eagle

I should clarify that my above comment is for BJ - I am not arguing with myself!

I actually said 'in some countries'. The context was your idea that 'it doesn't matter' if people don't get vaccinated because it doesn't impact other people. This attitude will still have an unnecessary and avoidable impact on hospital admissions.


I was under the impression that covid clogging up our hospitals was terrible for other operations and illnesses. It makes sense for people to be community minded rather than self define that they are not at risk when that may not be the case. No doubt vast numbers of hospitalsed and indeed dead perceived that they weren't at particular risk either. And that's before we address the fact that if someone is unvaccinated they are more likely to infect others; irresponsible as it can still have an impact on others health and covid numbers in general (especially with variants differing in their impact and how transmissible they are). More people getting vaccinated isn't a 'bad bet' to reduce the chance of further lockdowns either, which I 'hope' we can all agree we we're not eager to have.

I've already stated that obviously if someone really doesn't want to get vaccinated they don't have to.

If you want to give a thumbs up to these silly c***s that's for you, after all as you say "why would anyone be concerned about those who have not been vaccinated?". Community. Common sense. Decency, perhaps?

"The “vast majority” of people in Bolton who have been admitted to hospital after contracting the Indian variant of coronavirus had been offered a vaccine but hadn’t taken it, Matt Hancock has said." -

[Link]


Edited by BlueJay (16 May 2021 5.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 16 May 21 9.13pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Eden Eagle

Oh dear - As previously stated I have the vaccine so not sure why you keep referring to this - is it because you cannot answer with any fact and it is all emotion based as there should be no reason why the majority are put at additional risk?

What is the your thing about painting people orange..?

You've re-read my first reply.

I've given you my opinion.

I like orange.

The vaccines are available free on the NHS for everyone to protect themselves and their families. Clearly, they've had an impact on the spread of the virus.

As far as I'm aware, and I thought I'd already said that, there aren't any erudite medical reports available but what proof are you seeking?

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eden Eagle's Profile Eden Eagle Flag Kent 16 May 21 9.38pm Send a Private Message to Eden Eagle Add Eden Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

I actually said 'in some countries'. The context was your idea that 'it doesn't matter' if people don't get vaccinated because it doesn't impact other people. This attitude will still have an unnecessary and avoidable impact on hospital admissions.


I was under the impression that covid clogging up our hospitals was terrible for other operations and illnesses. It makes sense for people to be community minded rather than self define that they are not at risk when that may not be the case. No doubt vast numbers of hospitalsed and indeed dead perceived that they weren't at particular risk either. And that's before we address the fact that if someone is unvaccinated they are more likely to infect others; irresponsible as it can still have an impact on others health and covid numbers in general (especially with variants differing in their impact and how transmissible they are). More people getting vaccinated isn't a 'bad bet' to reduce the chance of further lockdowns either, which I 'hope' we can all agree we we're not eager to have.

I've already stated that obviously if someone really doesn't want to get vaccinated they don't have to.

If you want to give a thumbs up to these silly c***s that's for you, after all as you say "why would anyone be concerned about those who have not been vaccinated?". Community. Common sense. Decency, perhaps?

"The “vast majority” of people in Bolton who have been admitted to hospital after contracting the Indian variant of coronavirus had been offered a vaccine but hadn’t taken it, Matt Hancock has said." -

[Link]


Edited by BlueJay (16 May 2021 5.09pm)

Ok - your comment about the majority of younger people being hospitalised is incorrect as was your comment about vaccinated people having more freedom to travel (this could well change)

No idea what you are on about referring to giving a “thumbs up to these silly cxxx”

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 16 May 21 11.22pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Eden Eagle

Ok - your comment about the majority of younger people being hospitalised is incorrect as was your comment about vaccinated people having more freedom to travel (this could well change)

No idea what you are on about referring to giving a “thumbs up to these silly cxxx”

You're purposefully warping what was said on both counts. Plus on travel I said "there may be restrictions with travel and suchlike as result (of not getting vaccinated), which is true of some other vaccines too."

I'm stated what 'may' and in fact is likely to come about. You know this, so stop being disingenuous. Why do you think the 'vaccine passport' is being rolled out? For fun? It's the same when I stated that vaccinated people are less likely to spread covid. In the next post you immediately inferred that I believed it was impossible for them to spread it. If you want a conversation based on fantasy, please have it with yourself.

I don't have the time to indulge in ever changing arguments when the one you're engaged in becomes something you don't want to hear.

My comment was to w12 who stated that 99% of people shouldn't bothered to get vaccinated. I highlighted why that is a foolish stance to have.

You chimed into that discussion with "why would anyone be concerned about those who have not been vaccinated?"

I offered multiple reasons why increased vaccination take up is sensible and could be deemed to be a concern where it does not happen.

On the same bloomin' day we get several (a clear majority of those hospitalised) Bolton Bellends eligible to get vaccinated ending up in hospital for not doing so. They have your 'thumbs up' because your attitude towards their brainless decision is basically 'who cares'. Their behaviour in taking up hospital beds through their own stupidity does not bother you. I prefer to think that it's better, as we open up nationally during a pandemic, that we avoid this happening on a mass scale. Hence why I care about people being vaccinated - and why the vaccination drive is being ramped up. It's not difficult to understand, nor is it to get vaccinated.


This back and forth has run its course.

Edited by BlueJay (17 May 2021 1.01am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 17 May 21 10.46am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

It’s not a fact. The fact is the higher the reservoir of virus in the world the more chance vulnerable people will catch it. Even if most have good protection from a vaccine. And second there is a vastly heightened speed of mutation making getting on top of vaccines harder.

I think the issue here must be the speed at which the vaccines were produced.
Other than the occasional headline about side effects, the vast majority have no problem being inoculated for a range of other diseases.
If some are avoiding these as some sort of protest or because of a delusion of exercising personal freedom, then they need to re evaluate.

As far as I'm aware, there have been no statistically significant problems with the jabs. The long term effects cannot be known, but if you get serious COVID then the long term effect might be being permanently dead.
I don't think we can condemn people for making a personal decision on this one way or the other, but they need to do so using the true facts rather than internet mumbo jumbo or misinformation be it from government or mischievous sources.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 May 21 8.03am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

If you have downloaded the NHS App (Not the track and trace one) and you've had both jabs you should have the vaccine passport now.

As well as your vaccine history you have a QR code which hopefully you will be able to use at an electronic passport gate.

So enjoy your holiday and look forward to rubbing shoulders with unvaccinated people from red countries when you get back to Heathrow.

Edited by Badger11 (18 May 2021 8.05am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 18 May 21 9.26am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

If you have downloaded the NHS App (Not the track and trace one) and you've had both jabs you should have the vaccine passport now.

As well as your vaccine history you have a QR code which hopefully you will be able to use at an electronic passport gate.

So enjoy your holiday and look forward to rubbing shoulders with unvaccinated people from red countries when you get back to Heathrow.

Edited by Badger11 (18 May 2021 8.05am)

The QR code will not assist you at the egates, it should, however, enable you to be processed quicker.
For those thinking of travelling to Spain, apologies I do not know the airport involved, but 40 British Citizens were refused entry by the same Border Official this included a Frontier Worker, who had all relevant checks/paperwork up to date. When he tried to show the Officer his documents, he was threatened with a baton. Anyone seen this in the media? Thought not

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 May 21 9.38am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

The QR code will not assist you at the egates, it should, however, enable you to be processed quicker.
For those thinking of travelling to Spain, apologies I do not know the airport involved, but 40 British Citizens were refused entry by the same Border Official this included a Frontier Worker, who had all relevant checks/paperwork up to date. When he tried to show the Officer his documents, he was threatened with a baton. Anyone seen this in the media? Thought not

I haven't heard this story but there have been others largely around UK citizens living in Spain who don't have the necessary residency papers. They say they do and it appears that the Spanish border officials are being dicks.

25% of Spanish people are employed in tourism not a good look for your country and your economy.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Orange1290's Profile Orange1290 Flag 18 May 21 2.17pm Send a Private Message to Orange1290 Add Orange1290 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I haven't heard this story but there have been others largely around UK citizens living in Spain who don't have the necessary residency papers. They say they do and it appears that the Spanish border officials are being dicks.

25% of Spanish people are employed in tourism not a good look for your country and your economy.


Well, these people clearly didn't have the required residency documentation ready by the end of 2020 and many of them would have been in Spain already for quite some time, typically years. They need to have TIE cards which are the official document of residency in Spain. The same type of complacency has occurred in Cyprus with some living there for up to 30 years without registering as an official resident. The same people then complained and moaned that they were being discriminated against when they had to go through the process of becoming official residents or having to leave due to brexit, who many of which had voted for. These are idiots who think the rules only apply to others and not themselves because the British should be treated differently for some reason. Countries applying their sovereignty and taking control of their borders, that's all. Freedom of movement was one of the benefits that many of these people voted to give up, so they can't complain when this now also applies to them.


Edited by Orange1290 (18 May 2021 2.20pm)

 


Pro China, EU & Palestine

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 18 May 21 3.23pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

I note that Andy Burnham is insisting that the government do more vaccinating to sort out the Indian variant in his area - why didn't he just tell his constituents to have the vaccine in the first place!
Nearly everyone now hospitalised in his area have not had the vaccine when they could have done.
Make me sick when people in charge won't blame the people causing the bloody problem!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 101 of 106 < 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Covid vaccine