You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Independence
May 10 2021 6.05am

Scottish Independence

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 04 Jan 21 11.54am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

True....as much as the toughness of the Scots can be acknowledged perhaps trusting the judgement of a nation whose favourite pastime is to be p1ssed out of its tiny mind is not wise.

The SNP's success seems to be mostly based upon not being an English party and blaming the English for anything they can.....The Scots still have a huge chip on their shoulder about big brother.

I say, if you really want independence go for it....and stop blaming us for your decisions.

Edited by Stirlingsays (04 Jan 2021 11.55am)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 04 Jan 21 12.28pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Good post. I think it was PG Woodhouse who said something like he never met a Scotsman that didn't have a grudge against the English.

Interesting that they don't want fiscal independence so if the economy does well the SNP take credit and if it doesn't blame the BOE and the Treasury who are English centric. That's not going to fly south of the border.

Independence means independence (now where have I heard a similar phrase like that).

“It has never been hard to tell the difference between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.”

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 04 Jan 21 6.48pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Now they SNP want to ban non English speakers from public housing.

[Link]

thats Rab c Nesbit stuffed then

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 04 Jan 21 6.58pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

thats Rab c Nesbit stuffed then

He speaks drunkenese.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 04 Jan 21 7.57pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Interesting that they don't want fiscal independence so if the economy does well the SNP take credit and if it doesn't blame the BOE and the Treasury who are English centric. That's not going to fly south of the border.

I think its really just a get out of jail free card for them. They know that the Bank of England is never going to agree to it, let alone either of the big two political parties in Westminster.

So they set it as a condition for a referendum that they know will never be agreed to. Makes them remain edgy whilst not having to actually take on the role they really dread in terms of winning independence.

They will argue that since Scotland lacks a central bank of its own and could not just magic up its own currency, it would need to remain using the £ until such time as it could come up with its own money or adopt the Euro. And that can only happen if it significantly reduces its deficit.

As I have said, I think the SNP have a good case for requesting another referendum. I am just not convinced they actually want one.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Online Flag Hong Kong 04 Jan 21 10.30pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Let's support Scottish Independence.

No more funding from Central govt, no more funding of SNP MPs in Westminster.

I would foresee a deluge of people flooding south with property prices plunging.

I cannot find anything sensible online that makes a case for a viable Scotland but would be pleased to read one or at least a well argued view

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 05 Jan 21 11.08am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Let's support Scottish Independence.

No more funding from Central govt, no more funding of SNP MPs in Westminster.

I would foresee a deluge of people flooding south with property prices plunging.

I cannot find anything sensible online that makes a case for a viable Scotland but would be pleased to read one or at least a well argued view

'I would foresee a deluge of people flooding south with property prices plunging'.

Really Scotland I am on my way.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 05 Jan 21 11.37am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

'I would foresee a deluge of people flooding south with property prices plunging'.

Really Scotland I am on my way.


Don't slam the door on your way out.

When you get there, tell us if the haggis is as salty as you are Steely.

Edited by Stirlingsays (05 Jan 2021 11.38am)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 05 Jan 21 3.23pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

'I would foresee a deluge of people flooding south with property prices plunging'.

Really Scotland I am on my way.


Yes, you smelling a business opportunity steeleye? One mans meat is another mans poison?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 05 Jan 21 3.27pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yes, you smelling a business opportunity steeleye? One mans meat is another mans poison?

The attraction of Scotland and the reality are two entirely different things. There is a very good reason why they are half pished all the time and it’s the weather which is garbage. Used to holiday there every year at my other half’s parents place and we averaged one nice week in 10 ..... in the summer!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 05 Jan 21 3.28pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

I think its really just a get out of jail free card for them. They know that the Bank of England is never going to agree to it, let alone either of the big two political parties in Westminster.

So they set it as a condition for a referendum that they know will never be agreed to. Makes them remain edgy whilst not having to actually take on the role they really dread in terms of winning independence.

They will argue that since Scotland lacks a central bank of its own and could not just magic up its own currency, it would need to remain using the £ until such time as it could come up with its own money or adopt the Euro. And that can only happen if it significantly reduces its deficit.

As I have said, I think the SNP have a good case for requesting another referendum. I am just not convinced they actually want one.

I think your point about deficit is a good one - leave in the time of corona.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 05 Jan 21 3.33pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

The attraction of Scotland and the reality are two entirely different things. There is a very good reason why they are half pished all the time and it’s the weather which is garbage. Used to holiday there every year at my other half’s parents place and we averaged one nice week in 10 ..... in the summer!

Sounds like Ireland Eagle, I don"t mind that thou as long as you are in a nice warm house with great scenery, fresh air, tv, and gallons of beer in the house, you should be fine!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Scottish Independence