You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Letís celebrate the left
August 4 2021 4.52pm

Letís celebrate the left

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 16 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 21 Mar 21 3.57pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Who gives a feck what you think.

Carry on bending over to the CCP you sell out.

Edited by Stirlingsays (21 Mar 2021 9.06am)

Love the edit Stirling

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 21 Mar 21 4.11pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Love the edit Stirling

Well spotted.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 21 Mar 21 6.01pm Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

I have no time for the cesspit of identity politics currently emerging in the Labour party.

However I think the notion that this is all representative of "the left", as if "the left" is some sort of homogenous cult is simply disingenuous.

There are many elements to a traditional left wing movement that are admirable & at certain times during society absolutely necessary to filter out the more brutal sides of capitalism. An Attlee style government is one I would've almost certainly voted for & could absolutely vote for in the future.

I say this all as someone who wouldn't touch the Labour party or anything related to the modern left with a 10 foot barge poll.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 21 Mar 21 7.37pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

This thread should surely be titled "lets celebrate the right". The way they have clocked up the worst death figures in europe, and keep banging on about record breaking vacine levels, not mentioning record breaking death levels, is an absolute gem! And the way they have carved up the ppe money as shown in the excellent panorama programme today, 10 billion, enough to hand every nurse 14k, among themselves, and hoodwinking the great british publics , is magical!The truth might come out from one of the main instigators, the wounded domonic cummings, he wants to spill the beans apparently, civil war In the CONservative family, can"t happen soon enough!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 21 Mar 21 7.49pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

This thread should surely be titled "lets celebrate the right". The way they have clocked up the worst death figures in europe, and keep banging on about record breaking vacine levels, not mentioning record breaking death levels, is an absolute gem! And the way they have carved up the ppe money as shown in the excellent panorama programme today, 10 billion, enough to hand every nurse 14k, among themselves, and hoodwinking the great british publics , is magical!The truth might come out from one of the main instigators, the wounded domonic cummings, he wants to spill the beans apparently, civil war In the CONservative family, can"t happen soon enough!

I reckon your cabbie mates with their self employed buddies fleeced a lot more than that. Hope you are as quick to condemn them. BTW what would you have done? Had a meeting about a meeting about a meeting whilst all the while allowing the transfer of this virus to carry on. Something being done was certainly a best option whomever benefitted, and don't forget that state workers including nurses earn a good salary alongside a hefty pension on retirement. Their work is appreciated throughout this pandemic and imo they would prefer the people to keep to the rules, that may be enough thanks I reckon.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 21 Mar 21 10.35pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I reckon your cabbie mates with their self employed buddies fleeced a lot more than that. Hope you are as quick to condemn them. BTW what would you have done? Had a meeting about a meeting about a meeting whilst all the while allowing the transfer of this virus to carry on. Something being done was certainly a best option whomever benefitted, and don't forget that state workers including nurses earn a good salary alongside a hefty pension on retirement. Their work is appreciated throughout this pandemic and imo they would prefer the people to keep to the rules, that may be enough thanks I reckon.


We still have the worst death rates in europe, I would have sourced the ppe at normal price, not used my or my mates companies to inflate the price and buy it off them, suprised people are stomaching it to be honest, but hopefully the truth will out and the money can be recouped, but won"t hold my breath!Most taxi drivers are right wing cnuts btw!No mates of mine!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 21 Mar 21 10.43pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


We still have the worst death rates in europe, I would have sourced the ppe at normal price, not used my or my mates companies to inflate the price and buy it off them, suprised people are stomaching it to be honest, but hopefully the truth will out and the money can be recouped, but won"t hold my breath!Most taxi drivers are right wing cnuts btw!No mates of mine!

Actually we havenít - per capita weíre fourth behind Czechia, Belgium and Slovenia.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 21 Mar 21 10.59pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Actually we havenít - per capita weíre fourth behind Czechia, Belgium and Slovenia.

Ok, i will take your word for it teddy, its a shame we are so near the top in that case, my figures were from a while back granted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag 21 Mar 21 11.11pm Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


We still have the worst death rates in europe, I would have sourced the ppe at normal price, not used my or my mates companies to inflate the price and buy it off them, suprised people are stomaching it to be honest, but hopefully the truth will out and the money can be recouped, but won"t hold my breath!Most taxi drivers are right wing cnuts btw!No mates of mine!

Iíve lost my dad to Covid. Ive also seen the business side of things as an accountant:

Seeing how quickly and how much of the PPE is used itís no surprise there is a shortage. Everyone wants it and itís easy to say ďIíd buy it at normal priceĒ.

This isnít a right or left issue. Has the Government got things wrong - yes. But Iíd take them over the clowns running elsewhere at the moment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 22 Mar 21 6.32am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


We still have the worst death rates in europe, I would have sourced the ppe at normal price, not used my or my mates companies to inflate the price and buy it off them, suprised people are stomaching it to be honest, but hopefully the truth will out and the money can be recouped, but won"t hold my breath!Most taxi drivers are right wing cnuts btw!No mates of mine!

Do you think that 10 billion will be spent on nurses or potholes or schools. It would have been swallowed up within the whole debt. The difference with the fraud is that it isn't their money and that will get swallowed the same. When you say right wing do you mean tories or proud boys?
You protested together though I guess!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 22 Mar 21 6.35am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

To be fair, I think it is perfectly reasonable to question why our death rate has been so high when compared to say nations like France and Germany.

What did they do so right? Or how did they get less wrong than we did?

Personally, I feel the issues such as population density and so on will emerge as at least part of the reason why (and lets not forget that for the UK that figure is skewed by the face that you go much further north than the Glasgow/Edinburgh line then the UK becomes virtually uninhabitable and that's a big chunk of land).

But, and here is where I expect the Left to suddenly change their tune, maybe its because the NHS is not fit for purpose?

That simply put it has become this ludicrous behemouth of an organisation that operates almost with impunity in terms of any serious criticism and that perhaps if it had been structured differently it might have saved more lives?

Maybe not the entire problem but given my own mixed experiences of it, certainly a huge part of what needs to be examined in the outcome of all of this.

I notice that during this second lockdown we have been spared the co-ordinated dance routines on Tik-Tok and so on. Perhaps they have wised up a little then.

Did the Tories mess up early on? Then yes, huge mistakes were made. But structurally the lessons that require learning from this (and that is a turn of phrase I usually detest but in this case it is of vital national importance that for once it truly matters) need to involve all aspects of how the UK responded and that includes a long and hard look at how the NHS did. And clearly, based on the death rate, not very well at all.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 22 Mar 21 6.45am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Matov.
We are a small country with nothing like the space of others.
The big cities have just been superspreaders sadly.
Add to that huge swathes of people who have consistently ignored the rules and us not closing our borders and there you have it.
Also - different argument - how many actually died from Covid.
I know a few who have and a couple who most definitely didn't.
We may never know of course but we had a perfect storm and whilst our leaders deserve some criticism people need to look at themselves as well.our
I pretty much agree with you

Edited by The Dolphin (22 Mar 2021 6.47am)

Edited by The Dolphin (22 Mar 2021 6.47am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 16 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Letís celebrate the left