You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
October 27 2021 8.37am

Meet Our New Manager (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 266 of 340 < 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 >

Topic Locked

View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 26 Jun 21 6.40pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

We didn't want Cooper but now we do.
We are going for dregs and that will give us problems.
Disaster written all over it.
My seat will be empty for him as well

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View NickinOX's Profile NickinOX Flag Sailing country. 26 Jun 21 6.43pm Send a Private Message to NickinOX Add NickinOX as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

3 years. Dont you follow these threads or what. Jeez

Edited by eagleman13 (26 Jun 2021 6.38pm)

I didnít want to presume as Iím not in the know.

 


If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Foxy0208's Profile Foxy0208 Flag Blackpool 26 Jun 21 6.45pm Send a Private Message to Foxy0208 Add Foxy0208 as a friend

Standing by my previous post - I believe we will end up with De Silva.

I did not say he was my choice - merely that he was who i thought would come here.

I feel like any manager who requires compensation is out due to lack of funds and our attempts to attract a 'better' quality manager has now failed twice (allegedly) either due to lack of transfer funds or a reluctance to to sack most of our existing backroom staff (which incidentally I believe would be a mistake).

SP will want high profile - either Lampard or De Silva will fit the bill for him.

I still think Frank (who would be my personal preference) will be nervous at the scale of the job. De Silva is desperate for another crack at the EPL.

Let's hope MDS has learned a lot of lessons from previous jobs as i do think it will be him. And if it is I will back him as i always have.

I was underwhelmed at the appointment of Roy but in hindsight he turned out to be one of the greatest managers we have ever had.

 


Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 26 Jun 21 6.57pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by NickinOX

I didnít want to presume as Iím not in the know.

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View djmikeyp's Profile djmikeyp Flag 26 Jun 21 7.04pm Send a Private Message to djmikeyp Add djmikeyp as a friend

Originally posted by Blue'n'red

Please God NOOOOOO

Perhaps he sent someone else to the interview.
Before those of us who were looking forward to an exciting new era are told we were warned to be careful what we wished for, can I suggest few of us wished for Steve Cooper.

Edited by djmikeyp (26 Jun 2021 7.05pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Jun 21 7.08pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Foxy0208

Standing by my previous post - I believe we will end up with De Silva.

I did not say he was my choice - merely that he was who i thought would come here.

I feel like any manager who requires compensation is out due to lack of funds and our attempts to attract a 'better' quality manager has now failed twice (allegedly) either due to lack of transfer funds or a reluctance to to sack most of our existing backroom staff (which incidentally I believe would be a mistake).

SP will want high profile - either Lampard or De Silva will fit the bill for him.

I still think Frank (who would be my personal preference) will be nervous at the scale of the job. De Silva is desperate for another crack at the EPL.

Let's hope MDS has learned a lot of lessons from previous jobs as i do think it will be him. And if it is I will back him as i always have.

I was underwhelmed at the appointment of Roy but in hindsight he turned out to be one of the greatest managers we have ever had.

I am being presumptuous and opining that by 'De Silva' you mean Marco Silva, a failure at Hull,Watford and ultimately at Everton.

Before joining Hull he won the Greek League with Olympiacos, a team that have won the league 18 times since 2000.

I for one don't view him as particularly "High profile".

Edited by Willo (26 Jun 2021 7.12pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View nead1's Profile nead1 Flag 26 Jun 21 7.34pm Send a Private Message to nead1 Add nead1 as a friend

As a matter of interest Willo, who would be your choice vis a vis the names that are being touted?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 26 Jun 21 7.53pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by nead1

As a matter of interest Willo, who would be your choice vis a vis the names that are being touted?

He would go for one not on the listÖ.. Mark Clattenburg

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Jun 21 8.03pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

He would go for one not on the listÖ.. Mark Clattenburg

Cripes ! Beaten me to it!

I shall allow others to speculate on our new manager.
I suspect Steve Parish must be tearing lumps out of his shampoo-advert mane as a result of recent developments and might continue to do so !

Edited by Willo (26 Jun 2021 8.06pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Sportyteacher's Profile Sportyteacher Flag London 26 Jun 21 8.38pm Send a Private Message to Sportyteacher Add Sportyteacher as a friend

Breaking News: Matthew Hancock is now looking for a job (Well, we've thrown every other name into the mix...)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View daven's Profile daven Flag 26 Jun 21 8.41pm Send a Private Message to daven Add daven as a friend

He is good at playing away, but what is his home form like

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Sportyteacher's Profile Sportyteacher Flag London 26 Jun 21 8.41pm Send a Private Message to Sportyteacher Add Sportyteacher as a friend

We need a Manager with Premiership experience.

Err...what about Allerdyce then? Given the lifeline that Parish gave him that worked out well for us at the time, why not go back to him again?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 266 of 340 < 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic