You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > We have Zaha
October 19 2021 1.00pm

We have Zaha

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View redshift's Profile redshift Flag Toronto 21 Aug 21 10.16pm Send a Private Message to redshift Add redshift as a friend

Sadly, I agree with a lot of the feeling here that Wilf, as great as he was for us, is no longer a benefit to the team. Hopefully Arsenal are really dreadful this year, as their game against Brentford indicated, and will take a flyer on him. I can't see anyone else either taking a shot and he wouldn't want to go to any lower team I think.
It won't be a big payday but may be the best thing for both the team and for Wilf. Give us some money to buy with and maybe revitalise him.

 


Success will lie to you but failure always tells you the truth.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View X20XEV's Profile X20XEV Flag Hampshire 21 Aug 21 11.25pm Send a Private Message to X20XEV Add X20XEV as a friend

Wilf should be made to watch the replay of todays game every morning after training for a month and be asked why he thinks a 'big' club would want to buy him.

Today he was so petulant that he deserved to be booked and possibly sent off for constantly arguing with the officials. He is well past his best and not worth his wages. I can't understand why he came back down the pitch to collect a pass and then have to beat 3 defenders when he could have been on the shoulder of the full back and run on to a ball over the top without having to beat the defender. I can't believe it is PVs instructions.

If he doesn't change his attitude I would drop him and give Rak-Sakyi a chance.

When we finally get Olise and Eze playing and if they live up to expectations Wilf may have trouble getting into the team.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 22 Aug 21 3.49am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Over the course of the past couple of years Wilfs value has dropped from £70m to say £25m. Itís like we had frozen up on how football transfers work these days. Loyalty is a thing of the past. You have to churn players to get value. Now not only has his value dropped like a stone but so has his speed and touch. Do any of you remember Billyís Boots in the Beano? Itís like Wilf has lost his magic boots. Very strange. Just hope he finds them. We are really going to need him firing on all eight this season the way itís looking. I donít think there will be a buyer now at ^ 25. If he finds his form we may just squeeze £30m next spring.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 22 Aug 21 6.53am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

The referee new interpretation of the rules on tackling this season will hinder Zaha.
No doubt be has lost a yard in pace, once we get others fit, I can see him on the bench, coming on late in the game.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 22 Aug 21 8.20am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

When Eze and Olise are fit, and we get a loaned winger and Rak-Sakyi makes progress, i think Wilf may have trouble getting in the team on current form.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 22 Aug 21 8.23am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Straight swap Nelson and Nketiah, i would go for like a shot

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 22 Aug 21 8.27am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Their combined wages are 35k less than what Wilf gets with only two years left on his contract, time to act me thinks

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mojo87's Profile Mojo87 Flag 22 Aug 21 11.36am Send a Private Message to Mojo87 Add Mojo87 as a friend

Originally posted by X20XEV

Wilf should be made to watch the replay of todays game every morning after training for a month and be asked why he thinks a 'big' club would want to buy him.

Today he was so petulant that he deserved to be booked and possibly sent off for constantly arguing with the officials. He is well past his best and not worth his wages. I can't understand why he came back down the pitch to collect a pass and then have to beat 3 defenders when he could have been on the shoulder of the full back and run on to a ball over the top without having to beat the defender. I can't believe it is PVs instructions.

If he doesn't change his attitude I would drop him and give Rak-Sakyi a chance.

When we finally get Olise and Eze playing and if they live up to expectations Wilf may have trouble getting into the team.

Agreed on him watching his performance back. He should be embarrassed of himself. I've said this multiple times on this forum, why would any team want to have to deal with Zaha's attitude especially when he's no Pogba, Neymar ie elite level? The worst part was his constant moaning to his own team mates. Ward must have been so happy when Zaha eventually switched flanks to the left.
He Berated Ward, Gallagher to name a few... Worst one was on Gallagher during the second half for a pass he didn't receive yet he was so invested in moaning that he didn't even realise we were still in possession to attack.. Can you imagine that?!
Again I've said it before, when Zaha leaves he will be in for such a rude awakening that I don't think his ego will be able to handle it; might even get into a scuffle with his own team mates the way bowyer/dyer did many moons ago.

Yeah we need to move him on sooner rather than later. If it doesn't happen this summer, then realistically it will be the following as I doubt anyone would come in for him in Jan whilst African Nations is happening.

By the way, I don't think Vieira will put up with Zaha's antics. He once had Allan Saint-maximin with him at Nice and didn't coddle just because of his talent. Different scenario to Zaha as he's at a different stage of career plus has cult status at Palace compared to ASM, but Vieira won't be shy to deal with Zaha in the proper way he sees fit... The guy used to literally go head to head with Roy Keane so Zaha is lightweight!

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 22 Aug 21 11.38am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Mojo87

Agreed on him watching his performance back. He should be embarrassed of himself. I've said this multiple times on this forum, why would any team want to have to deal with Zaha's attitude especially when he's no Pogba, Neymar ie elite level? The worst part was his constant moaning to his own team mates. Ward must have been so happy when Zaha eventually switched flanks to the left.
He Berated Ward, Gallagher to name a few... Worst one was on Gallagher during the second half for a pass he didn't receive yet he was so invested in moaning that he didn't even realise we were still in possession to attack.. Can you imagine that?!
Again I've said it before, when Zaha leaves he will be in for such a rude awakening that I don't think his ego will be able to handle it; might even get into a scuffle with his own team mates the way bowyer/dyer did many moons ago.

Yeah we need to move him on sooner rather than later. If it doesn't happen this summer, then realistically it will be the following as I doubt anyone would come in for him in Jan whilst African Nations is happening.

By the way, I don't think Vieira will put up with Zaha's antics. He once had Allan Saint-maximin with him at Nice and didn't coddle just because of his talent. Different scenario to Zaha as he's at a different stage of career plus has cult status at Palace compared to ASM, but Vieira won't be shy to deal with Zaha in the proper way he sees fit... The guy used to literally go head to head with Roy Keane so Zaha is lightweight!

[Link]

Agreed

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mathers's Profile Mathers Flag 22 Aug 21 4.21pm Send a Private Message to Mathers Add Mathers as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

When Eze and Olise are fit, and we get a loaned winger and Rak-Sakyi makes progress, i think Wilf may have trouble getting in the team on current form.

Rak-Sakyi has 10mins of Prem football and Olise has 1 season in the championship but yeah theyíd get in ahead of Zaha. Please get a grip on reality.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 22 Aug 21 4.32pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Mathers

Rak-Sakyi has 10mins of Prem football and Olise has 1 season in the championship but yeah theyíd get in ahead of Zaha. Please get a grip on reality.

So, what you are advocating is, the constant whinging, petulant, toy throwing out of pram, once great player, is the be all & end all, come what may?

I respectfully say, maybe its you that needs to get a grip on reality.

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mathers's Profile Mathers Flag 22 Aug 21 4.44pm Send a Private Message to Mathers Add Mathers as a friend

The fact is Zaha is still our best player and most likely source of goals.

Not a fan of his petulance and the whinging is flat out embarrassing sometimes but this is not new. Heís been like this the last 10 years. Highly unlikely heís going to change his ways now.

I donít see how benching/selling our best player is going to help the team.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > We have Zaha