You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > If Brexit responsible for HGV driver shortage.....
October 22 2021 5.23pm

If Brexit responsible for HGV driver shortage.....

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 13 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

 

View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 09 Oct 21 3.30pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I thought Migration Watch had a pretty good reputation I don't remember any mainstream politicians playing the race card with them.

I think they stick to facts that they know they can back up rather than the usual "bloody foreigners etc."


Doesn’t meet some of the agendas on here

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Oct 21 5.03pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Yes, in answer to the op, it has a large part to play in the crisis engulfing our country! Fuel shortages for past 3 weeks, food shortages in supermarkets, farmers culling pigs to bury, fruit and veg rotting in the field, pubs-including chief brexiteer owner shutting at lunchtime instead of serving lunch, restaurants closing days because of no workers, care homes short staffed, leading to cutting back on care and meals, hospitals short staffed to record waiting times-currently 5 million waiting for an operation, but other than that, its all good!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Oct 21 5.21pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yes, in answer to the op, it has a large part to play in the crisis engulfing our country! Fuel shortages for past 3 weeks, food shortages in supermarkets, farmers culling pigs to bury, fruit and veg rotting in the field, pubs-including chief brexiteer owner shutting at lunchtime instead of serving lunch, restaurants closing days because of no workers, care homes short staffed, leading to cutting back on care and meals, hospitals short staffed to record waiting times-currently 5 million waiting for an operation, but other than that, its all good!

Surely the chief brexiteer was Jeremy Corbyn? He spent decades being anti everything Common Market / EEC / EC / EU.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Oct 21 5.26pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Surely the chief brexiteer was Jeremy Corbyn? He spent decades being anti everything Common Market / EEC / EC / EU.

Yes, but he wasn"t elected Ted, it was the CONservatives slogan- and bungles- "get brexit done"! Oh, may i be a bit cheeky and add bus services in the countryside being cancelled due to lack of drivers?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Oct 21 5.40pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yes, but he wasn"t elected Ted, it was the CONservatives slogan- and bungles- "get brexit done"! Oh, may i be a bit cheeky and add bus services in the countryside being cancelled due to lack of drivers?

Whether the referendum should have been held is a matter of opinion but once it was held getting Brexit done was carrying out the will of the majority wasn’t it?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Oct 21 6.02pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Whether the referendum should have been held is a matter of opinion but once it was held getting Brexit done was carrying out the will of the majority wasn’t it?

Not really Ted, until the counting finished the slogan of getting it done was only the CONS slogan, now it is done they have to own it! They would be better admitting its been chaos in gb since the result, not constant denial that anything bad was nothing to do with it! I don"t care about it, although can see what a mess its made of the country, maybe in 20 years it will all be for the best and we will all be on decent money, who knows? The evidence , so far, is its been a disaster- even the farmers in the shires have turned on bungle, and they are true blues! Its entertaining, if nothing else, how brexiteers like the wetherspoons bloke have fcuked themselves up, he was the foremost voice on tv telling us to vote leave, and now is asking for a bailout by our european friends, make yer mind up man!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 09 Oct 21 9.14pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yes, in answer to the op, it has a large part to play in the crisis engulfing our country! Fuel shortages for past 3 weeks, food shortages in supermarkets, farmers culling pigs to bury, fruit and veg rotting in the field, pubs-including chief brexiteer owner shutting at lunchtime instead of serving lunch, restaurants closing days because of no workers, care homes short staffed, leading to cutting back on care and meals, hospitals short staffed to record waiting times-currently 5 million waiting for an operation, but other than that, its all good!

And your bothered because?????
I doubt you are affected swampy.
It's more anti boris rhetoric CP.
Why not just vote Labour next time and get it out of your system.
How can you constantly find negatives when your ivory tower is not affected? Houses, money, retirement at 50 and you still post like these issues affect you. I think you need to find a hobby mate, you will end up at 10 DS getting arrested at this rate!
Tbh it's not affected me at all apart from going out early to get fuel. Got bread, got bog roll, got beer, got baccy. Maybe if these employers paid a bit more they would get staff.
British jobs for British workers; now who said that again?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Oct 21 9.58pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

University of Oxford! Not biased at all then

[Link]

Edited by Spiderman (09 Oct 2021 3.30pm)

As bias, like beauty, is always in the eye of the beholder, the fact that opinion is expressed in the most scurrilous tabloid in the UK says all you need to know about its validity. In my opinion, of course.

I suggest you compare the way "Migration Watch" offer opinions and slant their reporting with the factual, unemotional approach of the "Migration Observatory". The first seems to want to promote a position, whilst the second wants to inform, so the reader can determine their own position.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Oct 21 10.12pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Whether the referendum should have been held is a matter of opinion but once it was held getting Brexit done was carrying out the will of the majority wasn’t it?

Not if you believe, as I do, that in so doing Parliament abrogated its responsibility. We know that the Parliament of that time were in favour of remaining, and that the referendum was called solely for political expediency, ie to remove the threat posed by UKIP to the Tories.

Knowing that they needed to do their duty and reject the result, whatever the outcry from the Brexiteers. Unfortunately Corbyn tried to play political games and although some highly ethical members tried to do their duty, they were thwarted both by Corbyn, clever marketing and boredom.

History will be very hard on Cameron, Farage, May, Johnson, Gove and Corbyn. They will go down in British history as a bunch of failures who led our country into the wilderness.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Oct 21 10.25pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Not if you believe, as I do, that in so doing Parliament abrogated its responsibility. We know that the Parliament of that time were in favour of remaining, and that the referendum was called solely for political expediency, ie to remove the threat posed by UKIP to the Tories.

Knowing that they needed to do their duty and reject the result, whatever the outcry from the Brexiteers. Unfortunately Corbyn tried to play political games and although some highly ethical members tried to do their duty, they were thwarted both by Corbyn, clever marketing and boredom.

History will be very hard on Cameron, Farage, May, Johnson, Gove and Corbyn. They will go down in British history as a bunch of failures who led our country into the wilderness.

We can’t go round the should/shouldn’t have had a referendum again. As you say the Government was mostly pro-Europe; it wasn’t some diabolical conspiracy on their part.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Oct 21 10.48pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Bias means you can take the same statistics and put your own spin on it.
It also means you omit what doesn't support your argument.

Like the long term cost of immigration for example.

Migration watch has a pretty damning section on it....whereas these educated wokies don't want to mention it.

Let's end with the fervent hope that Cornwall gets pretty of mass immigration as soon as possible as people should live their principles.

Edited by Stirlingsays (09 Oct 2021 10.49pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 10 Oct 21 2.19am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

There are currently no supermarket shortages in Clapham or Islington, no empty shelves, no lack of choice etc.

Seems a mantra without foundation in London at any rate.

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 13 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > If Brexit responsible for HGV driver shortage.....