You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Welcome To Rwanda.
July 6 2022 12.09pm

Welcome To Rwanda.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 35 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 15 Apr 22 1.18pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by kevlee

Despite what the majority of those on this thread might think, most normal voters will look at this as a pretty unpleasant policy. It won't deter people traffickers one iota.
Its a great deal for Rwanda though. They are a very young country in a rebuilding process in deperate need for investment into their health and school systems.
It will be challenged legally. Most things that Priti Patel comes up with are.

You mean people who think like you.

I'd say the majority will see this as a positive attempt to deter traffickers and illegals.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 15 Apr 22 2.09pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by kevlee

Despite what the majority of those on this thread might think, most normal voters will look at this as a pretty unpleasant policy. It won't deter people traffickers one iota.
Its a great deal for Rwanda though. They are a very young country in a rebuilding process in deperate need for investment into their health and school systems.
It will be challenged legally. Most things that Priti Patel comes up with are.

I have to disagree with regarding people smugglers. If and it’s a big if (imo), this scheme starts, those economic migrants who are crossing the Channel will most certainly have second thoughts about coming to the UK. This will affect the people smugglers enormously, as they will not have the “customers” to traffic.
I believe this is being used as a long term deterrent, there is no quick fix. However I am not convinced it will happen

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 15 Apr 22 2.20pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

But isn't one option a return to your country of origin?

They would end up in Rwanda either way, wouldn't they?

Unfortunately it does not work as smoothly as that. Anyone arriving who claims to be Rwandan, will not be sent there until their case has been considered. TBF if one does have a genuine case for asylum, they should not be sent back to the country where their life is in danger. Those who are not Rwandan, On being returned to Rwanda, will then claim they are from elsewhere, the HO then have to obtain documentation from that Government before removing them, this process, if successful takes years.
Many years ago, nationals of Liberia were granted asylum virtually automatically. HO were inundated with other nationals ( mainly Nigerian) claiming to be Liberian. Trying to remove them back to Nigeria proved almost impossible.
As I have said many times, once someone arrives here, it is proving nearly impossible to remove them, as well as above throw in HR Act and lawyers making a fortune by lodging spurious claims.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Apr 22 2.37pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I wonder what the brochure looks like?

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 15 Apr 22 3.00pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Unfortunately it does not work as smoothly as that. Anyone arriving who claims to be Rwandan, will not be sent there until their case has been considered. TBF if one does have a genuine case for asylum, they should not be sent back to the country where their life is in danger. Those who are not Rwandan, On being returned to Rwanda, will then claim they are from elsewhere, the HO then have to obtain documentation from that Government before removing them, this process, if successful takes years.
Many years ago, nationals of Liberia were granted asylum virtually automatically. HO were inundated with other nationals ( mainly Nigerian) claiming to be Liberian. Trying to remove them back to Nigeria proved almost impossible.
As I have said many times, once someone arrives here, it is proving nearly impossible to remove them, as well as above throw in HR Act and lawyers making a fortune by lodging spurious claims.

Your personal experience of the system clearly gives you a much better understanding of the difficulties we face than many on here. Tackling the people smugglers at source always seemed the answer to me, but the more I know, the harder that actually seems, as there are so many of them, using a great variety of routes.

Do you think this new scheme has any chance of success, or is, as I suspect, just a political gesture? If not, is there anything else, practically, that you think we can do?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Apr 22 3.09pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Your personal experience of the system clearly gives you a much better understanding of the difficulties we face than many on here. Tackling the people smugglers at source always seemed the answer to me, but the more I know, the harder that actually seems, as there are so many of them, using a great variety of routes.

Do you think this new scheme has any chance of success, or is, as I suspect, just a political gesture? If not, is there anything else, practically, that you think we can do?

Make them swim the last 2 miles.
Should at least get some medals at the next Olympics.

It's a joke wissie

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 15 Apr 22 3.09pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Johnson described Rwanda as one of the safest countries in the world and said the plan was an “innovative approach, driven by our shared humanitarian impulse”.

Really then why does the UK grant asylum to refugees fleeing from Rwanda?

'UK condemns Rwanda for human rights abuses' two months ago.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Apr 22 3.10pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by kevlee

Despite what the majority of those on this thread might think, most normal voters will look at this as a pretty unpleasant policy. It won't deter people traffickers one iota.
Its a great deal for Rwanda though. They are a very young country in a rebuilding process in deperate need for investment into their health and school systems.
It will be challenged legally. Most things that Priti Patel comes up with are.

Well I'm a normal voter and I would set up a place in the antarctic. That would deal with the issue.
Have you seen cool runnings

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Apr 22 3.13pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

A week in Pontins would be the ultimate deterrent.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Apr 22 3.15pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Johnson described Rwanda as one of the safest countries in the world and said the plan was an “innovative approach, driven by our shared humanitarian impulse”.

Really then why does the UK grant asylum to refugees fleeing from Rwanda?

'UK condemns Rwanda for human rights abuses' two months ago.


They have an impulse, they just haven't acted on it yet. Keep up.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beanyboysmd's Profile Beanyboysmd Flag 15 Apr 22 3.51pm Send a Private Message to Beanyboysmd Add Beanyboysmd as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

So Boris announces the new strategy to combat illegals.

I have little confidence that the government will handle this competently, but it is a step in the right direction.

One step closer to my little plan of starting a new city for illegals that Wisbech scoffed at.

My problem is that Boris is singing the praises of legal migrants, telling us how 60% of the England team is of immigrant background and don't forget the NHS. The NHS that is no longer fit for purpose.

Are we supposed to be pleased by that?

What he forgets is all the problems that mass immigration has caused and, in some cases, the rather poor choices of immigrants we have allowed to come here.

Sure, we can celebrate some benefits of immigration, but frankly I'd say that most of the benefit has been for the immigrants themselves at our expense.

The truth is that illegal immigration is a growing problem that has to be stopped, but right now the flow of illegals is dwarfed by the numbers coming here legally.

It's all very well getting all tough on channel crossers and the scum that facilitate their journey, but this hides a grater truth about this green and pleasant land being swamped by foreigners using up resources and eroding our heritage.

How many more will we'welcome'until Britain is no longer recognisable?

Cant really have a debate with you as we don't even agree on the basics of reality. So I will explain where I stand, because my entire philosophy is polar to yours, but I will explain it in much detail as I can...

Immigration is good

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 15 Apr 22 4.00pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Beanyboysmd

Cant really have a debate with you as we don't even agree on the basics of reality. So I will explain where I stand, because my entire philosophy is polar to yours, but I will explain it in much detail as I can...

Immigration is good

Seriously?

It is just as well that I won't have to debate with someone who reduces something to 'good' as opposed to bad.

Reductivism is designed to avoid certain realities in most cases.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 35 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Welcome To Rwanda.