You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Starmer & Rayner
May 26 2022 3.13pm

Starmer & Rayner

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 10 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

 

View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Online Flag Ware 10 May 22 10.20am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

This whole affair just shows how petty and farcical politics in this country has become.

Those in government get there every minutae of their life judged, regardless of the job their doing(and I'm not saying the current lot have done a good job btw), whilst the sole purpuose of the opposition is to point fingers and say 'look what they've done wrong'.

Finding it mighty humourous that partygate has come back to bite Starmer in a karmic episode only before seen on 'My name is Earl'.

Someone mentioned their are some good MPs/Politicians out there, I can't see any from where I'm standing. And certainly none of them are running for or are being elected to Party Leader status.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 10 May 22 11.32am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

This whole affair just shows how petty and farcical politics in this country has become.

Those in government get there every minutae of their life judged, regardless of the job their doing(and I'm not saying the current lot have done a good job btw), whilst the sole purpuose of the opposition is to point fingers and say 'look what they've done wrong'.

Finding it mighty humourous that partygate has come back to bite Starmer in a karmic episode only before seen on 'My name is Earl'.

Someone mentioned their are some good MPs/Politicians out there, I can't see any from where I'm standing. And certainly none of them are running for or are being elected to Party Leader status.

I've been banging his drum for years, but Dan Jarvis is now MP for Barnsley having given up the mayoral role for South Yorkshire. He is so obvious a candidate it hurts. So obvious, indeed, that the party will chose another unelectable numpty as part of their unwritten policy of periodic shoot-in-own-foot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Online Flag 10 May 22 12.55pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No, not these regulations. Those that apply to employees at their work place please.

Sorry. A bit confused. Starmer was up in Durham to take part specifically in political campaigning. There were rules relating to that, as I have listed them.

Starmer clearly broke those rules. Now you could make an argument that Starmer was actually working but by his own admission, he was in Durham specifically for the purpose of political campaigning.

But lets go with the idea that this was a works event. The alleged breach occurs after the 'work' has been completed with a team meal booked in advance for that based on the leaked memo. Organised by any definition. Therefore he is guilty as charged. Just as Johnson was.


 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 May 22 1.10pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

They're no Eric and Ernie, that's for sure.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 10 May 22 2.46pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

This whole affair just shows how petty and farcical politics in this country has become.

Oh no it doesn't!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 10 May 22 9.52pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Sorry. A bit confused. Starmer was up in Durham to take part specifically in political campaigning. There were rules relating to that, as I have listed them.

Starmer clearly broke those rules. Now you could make an argument that Starmer was actually working but by his own admission, he was in Durham specifically for the purpose of political campaigning.

But lets go with the idea that this was a works event. The alleged breach occurs after the 'work' has been completed with a team meal booked in advance for that based on the leaked memo. Organised by any definition. Therefore he is guilty as charged. Just as Johnson was.

No link then?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 10 May 22 10.30pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No link then?

Why did Labour insist Rayner was not there? Have asked this a few times with no response

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 10 May 22 10.38pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Why did Labour insist Rayner was not there? Have asked this a few times with no response

I did respond

She didnít want Mrs Starmer to get wind of her passion for any barrister with a knighthood and a history of being in charge of public prosecutions.

Just the thought of the powdered wig sends her into ecstasy and she follows Keir around like a lapdog with a very wet lap.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 10 May 22 10.40pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I did respond

She didnít want Mrs Starmer to get wind of her passion for any barrister with a knighthood and a history of being in charge of public prosecutions.

Just the thought of the powdered wig sends her into ecstasy and she follows Keir around like a lapdog with a very wet lap.

So no credible explanation then

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 11 May 22 12.38am Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

Well he certainly 'had' a choice, but in resigning if he's fined it will put more pressure on Boris for his lack of integrity and will rid Labour of a leader that isn't particularly the man of the moment either.

A clever move really. If the deflecting and finger pointing at Starmer leads to him going the pressure is on Bojo to go also, and if he's exonerated it's hot air, rather than the numerous gov parties we know about. Either way, Boris staying or going is made to look weak.

And.... nobody gives a hoot.... and the PM won't resign whatever happens.

Try and talk to people on the street about it, not those who post on social media. They have far more important issues. Like energy bills and the cost of living. Unless you are one of the minority who lost a relative to covid, nobody cares about parties or works boozers.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 11 May 22 1.39am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

And.... nobody gives a hoot.... and the PM won't resign whatever happens.

Try and talk to people on the street about it, not those who post on social media. They have far more important issues. Like energy bills and the cost of living. Unless you are one of the minority who lost a relative to covid, nobody cares about parties or works boozers.

Plenty here and elsewhere give a hoot about one or the other politician either based on their politics, or due to massive restrictions being forced upon them, while those in the seat of power did as they pleased. I would agree though that those who lost family members without being about to physically be there have genuine reason above and beyond a typical view to be outraged by this.

If politicians are viewing one issue as so starkly them and us, are they all that likely to be concerned by our household bills or living expenses? While they were partying it up, some of their policies that had us doing the opposite contributed to elevated living expenses in the first place, so when more and more struggle to make ends meet I'm not so sure that they won't remember how their elected representatives behaved during the period in question.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Online Flag 20 May 22 6.22pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

An interesting bit of chatter out there is the sad political world. Apparently, a lot of people who might be considered on the Blairite wing of the Labour movement (not necessarily the party) are sounding out various people about replacing Starmer. It is being considered as a serious option now.

Be fascinating to see how this pans out and whether there are more revelations coming out in the Sunday papers? Obviously they could not be about the Durham incident given it is under police investigation but perhaps another breach of the rules?

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 10 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Starmer & Rayner