You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ok! The Jury’s Out!
May 22 2024 10.21pm

Ok! The Jury’s Out!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 23 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 05 Mar 23 1.03am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I really do not believe that the departure of Vieira is imminent.
The statistics over the last 12 PL games are damning, however there is still a 'Cushion' between ourselves and the relegation zone.
Had we been in the bottom 3 and somewhat detached from safety I believe the club would be taking a different approach.

I did say ‘I understand… he won’t be sacked’ but also by ‘soon’ I’d clarify that as at the very least not ending next season with PV in charge but possibly this season. I’d also ask when does it become imminent then Willo?

We’re 6 points off bottom and 7 away from the team above us. There’s less points between bottom of the table than us moving up it even one place.

It’ll be nothing short of miraculous for us to get a win in the next three games so in the likely circumstance we do not it’s what 3 months without a win? Still the lowest work rate in league? Going entire games without registering a single effort on target consistently. No first half goals this year. Not scoring from open play. Hardly any goals at all this calendar year.

At what point do the board say ‘this clearly isn’t working’ and decide to change things? That’s all without commentating or critiquing the actual performances, analysing the mangers decisions etc.

I honestly don’t see where any optimism can be drawn from. It’s not an emotional assertion from me it really is more ‘well this is all horribly buggered’. There can only be one answer to try and mitigate that where we are now.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 05 Mar 23 2.20am Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I really do not believe that the departure of Vieira is imminent.
The statistics over the last 12 PL games are damning, however there is still a 'Cushion' between ourselves and the relegation zone.
Had we been in the bottom 3 and somewhat detached from safety I believe the club would be taking a different approach.

Willo, you're becoming very zen lately. I remember, not long ago, when a horrible Palace loss like today would have you cancelling your dinner reservations. What is the secret to your newfound serenity? I could use some of it!

 


2017 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Middlesboro
2018 Jan. (Sako) Palace 1 - 0 Burnley
2019 May (Batshuayi, Batshuayi, OG, Van Aanholt, Townsend) Palace 5 - 3 Bournemouth
2020 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View GBsPalace's Profile GBsPalace Flag 05 Mar 23 7.31am Send a Private Message to GBsPalace Add GBsPalace as a friend

Sack Édouard, 95k a week for what? He doesn't even press Viera's tendency to pick square pegs in round holes and reluctancy to put his best players on the pitch means he should probably walk. But the players need to have a look at themselves and start earning they're wages. That Japanese lad at brighton is on 15k a week &#129327;

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 05 Mar 23 7.45am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

It's very simple, PV wants to be the cool, calm silent type...

That's all very well, said and done if you actually have the experience, knowledge the back it up...
Jose Mourinho he ain't.

A club like palace, we need passion and grit. that's our DNA.

Transitioning into the poised, elegant team takes time, money and a lot of experience.

We need someone 'like' Fat Sam - rally the tools, utilize what we have and get them playing to their strengths, he has the knowledge.

PV doesn't have the experience, he doesn't have plan B, he's not up for the fight.

Last year was amazing, but we had players working as a unit and enjoying themselves - we don't have 2 players who were beneficial in that... we have players off the boil and we don't have leadership.

I said this before, say it again. If we stay up, we need to assume we got relegated, get rid of dead wood... then rebuild as if we got promoted and want to beat the drop on a realistic budget... be open to fans and share the rebuild that we need to do... but with an experienced manager.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 05 Mar 23 7.54am Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

It's very simple, PV wants to be the cool, calm silent type...

That's all very well, said and done if you actually have the experience, knowledge the back it up...
Jose Mourinho he ain't.

A club like palace, we need passion and grit. that's our DNA.

Transitioning into the poised, elegant team takes time, money and a lot of experience.

We need someone 'like' Fat Sam - rally the tools, utilize what we have and get them playing to their strengths, he has the knowledge.

PV doesn't have the experience, he doesn't have plan B, he's not up for the fight.

Last year was amazing, but we had players working as a unit and enjoying themselves - we don't have 2 players who were beneficial in that... we have players off the boil and we don't have leadership.

I said this before, say it again. If we stay up, we need to assume we got relegated, get rid of dead wood... then rebuild as if we got promoted and want to beat the drop on a realistic budget... be open to fans and share the rebuild that we need to do... but with an experienced manager.

I agree with what you have said , this was suppose to be a “process” aswell as de boer , we have tried to change to be more better playing style on the eye but it just doesn’t work for a team like us unless you spend heavily, vieras continuous refusal to play edouard is mind boggling now ,

We lose next 2 games he gets sacked , because losing to Brighton will turn the fan base absolutely toxic and against him .

 


“This is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, it’s a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying “This , is a large crisis” - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 05 Mar 23 8.09am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

I’m going to cut Vieira some slack.

He’s tried Eze left of midfield, attacking midfield and left of a front three.
He’s tried Olise wide right in midfield, right of a front three and in attacking midfield.
He’s tried Edouard as a striker, left of a front three and off the striker.
He’s given these players lots of opportunities and they haven’t delivered on a consistent basis.
The occasional flash of brilliance every for or five games doesn’t cut it in the Premier League, although it may flatter to deceive in the Championship or Scotland.

I didn’t agree with continual experiment of Schlupp in central midfield, but even there Vieira could argue that other options available at the time (Luka, Jairo, Hughes) didn’t have the required mobility or drive that he required.

Of course Vieira is the manager and carries ultimate responsibility, but what can you do if the players continually let you down?
We don’t have a big enough squad to select better alternatives.
It could be argued that it’s Vieira’s job to get the best out of the players, but could there be a possibility that they are just not quite good enough to produce consistent performances through reasons of poor attitude and lack of effort or fitness rather than a lack of natural talent.
Can any of us really be surprised that Edouard and Eze have been left out given the level of their performance and it’s too easy a line to say it’s all Vieira’s fault.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace chick's Profile palace chick Flag South Croydon 05 Mar 23 8.16am Send a Private Message to palace chick Add palace chick as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

You can't win games if you don't score goals.
We are likely to be involved in the relegation scrap after the next few tough games.
The coaching on the attacking side is not working, although the players have to take some responsibility too.
I have said for a while I don't think we can accommodate Zaha, Olise and Eze in the same team.
The balance isn't right.
Time for gritty experienced battlers like Hughes and McArthur and playing with at least one striker.
We can't afford to play players who go missing.

Been saying that about Zaha, Eze and Olise since the start of the season. Agree 100% with your comments :-(

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 05 Mar 23 8.21am Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I really do not believe that the departure of Vieira is imminent.
The statistics over the last 12 PL games are damning, however there is still a 'Cushion' between ourselves and the relegation zone.
Had we been in the bottom 3 and somewhat detached from safety I believe the club would be taking a different approach.

Touch complacent??
Wolves are now level and other clubs showing some fight and acquiring the odd win are in touching distance and given our next three games,probably resulting in no points,will see us nose dive in the race to the bottom.
Where exactly is our next win coming from??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 05 Mar 23 8.22am Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

So , In my opinion , we are going to have to strongly rely on teams below us to be worse than us , let’s take a look

Bournemouth - bottom 21 points, will definitely finish below us in my opinion and we have to play then at home which is a game we “should” be winning
Southampton- 19th 21 points, are showing signs of revival although still not being consistent , could we finish above them? We have to play them away, if they beat us they could well catch us
Everton- 18th 21 points playing Forest today, I just can’t see a club like Everton getting relegated, still have to play them at our place , a game we should win but can we? They could catch us
Leeds- 17th 22 points still got to play them at their place , they are a energetic side who never give up , I am certainly not confident in taking 3 points off them at their place , however they don’t seem to be consistent at all , I think we will finish above them
West Ham 16th 23 points. In a nut shell I can’t see West Ham going down , they have the players , board seem to be sticking with Moyes .. sound familiar? We still have to play them at our place, not an easy win either
They can catch us if they turn there form round. I bet there fans would rather be in our position though?
Leicester- 15th 24 points , another team totally under performing and after yesterdays result will not really be watching over their shoulders aswell, devoid of all confidence, part of me wants to say I can’t see them going down but they have lost there last 4 we still have to play them at our place , a game we shouldn’t lose, I think we will finish above them
Forest 14th- home form will keep them safe , a win today puts them above us , I think they have done really well, we still have to play them at our place last game of season, could be a massive game for us with serious pressure on , I think they will finish above us ,
Wolves 13th 27 points- have turned it around have to play them away, they will beat us and finish above us

It’s all down to us and is in our hands , we have to play all these sides, it’s in our hands but have we got the fight with viera in charge ? After our next 3 games we could be bang in the mix with no confidence at all
There are so many worse teams than us on paper , West Ham and Leicester will say the same ,
I think we will just about stay up with viera in charge and will stay up comfortably with a new manager “bounce”

 


“This is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, it’s a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying “This , is a large crisis” - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 05 Mar 23 8.25am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

I’m going to cut Vieira some slack.

He’s tried Eze left of midfield, attacking midfield and left of a front three.
He’s tried Olise wide right in midfield, right of a front three and in attacking midfield.
He’s tried Edouard as a striker, left of a front three and off the striker.
He’s given these players lots of opportunities and they haven’t delivered on a consistent basis.
The occasional flash of brilliance every for or five games doesn’t cut it in the Premier League, although it may flatter to deceive in the Championship or Scotland.

I didn’t agree with continual experiment of Schlupp in central midfield, but even there Vieira could argue that other options available at the time (Luka, Jairo, Hughes) didn’t have the required mobility or drive that he required.

Of course Vieira is the manager and carries ultimate responsibility, but what can you do if the players continually let you down?
We don’t have a big enough squad to select better alternatives.
It could be argued that it’s Vieira’s job to get the best out of the players, but could there be a possibility that they are just not quite good enough to produce consistent performances through reasons of poor attitude and lack of effort or fitness rather than a lack of natural talent.
Can any of us really be surprised that Edouard and Eze have been left out given the level of their performance and it’s too easy a line to say it’s all Vieira’s fault.

But the players dont let him down, he lets them down, with his laxidasical approach to the roll as manager, players being played all over the place, a lack of using Hughes and McArthur, ridiculous post and pre match comments, the man is a fantasist and not a realist, he will lazily stroll us into relegation.

 


“That’s a joke son, I say, that’s a joke.” “Nice boy, but he’s sharp as a throw pillow.” “He’s so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent” “ “Son… I say, son, some people are so narrow minded they can look through a keyhole with both eyes.”__ Forhorn Leghorn

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 05 Mar 23 8.27am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Wilbraham413


Willo, you're becoming very zen lately. I remember, not long ago, when a horrible Palace loss like today would have you cancelling your dinner reservations. What is the secret to your newfound serenity? I could use some of it!

If you were to engage in conversation with my dear wife she would confirm that there was certainly no 'Serenity' in the Willo abode after today's result.

Whilst there were no dinner reservations, she decided that it would be in her own interests not to accompany me for a tipple in a local Public House.

The tone of my sentiments on HOL masked my inner feelings.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 05 Mar 23 8.42am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

If you were to engage in conversation with my dear wife she would confirm that there was certainly no 'Serenity' in the Willo abode after today's result.

Whilst there were no dinner reservations, she decided that it would be in her own interests not to accompany me for a tipple in a local Public House.

The tone of my sentiments on HOL masked my inner feelings.

Never mind, what you think the board will do, what do you think should be done, should he stay or should he go, are we going to Clash

 


“That’s a joke son, I say, that’s a joke.” “Nice boy, but he’s sharp as a throw pillow.” “He’s so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent” “ “Son… I say, son, some people are so narrow minded they can look through a keyhole with both eyes.”__ Forhorn Leghorn

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 23 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Ok! The Jury’s Out!